I don't know if this is a good idea or not

Started by Mindhazingsquid, May 08, 2007, 07:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mindhazingsquid

I was wondering about a Half-life themed game.  I figured it'd be generic npcs so we'd be helping in some way but not be Freeman, Alyx, Dr. Vance or the others.  The time would be up for negotiations but I think half-life2 would be a better setting.  Sexyness?  Well, that depends on if it's during Half-life 2 or after Half-life 2 when the suppression thingy is gone away.  But maybe it would be a dificult place to play, let me know what you think.

sithgod

I have only played Half Life 2. I don't see why you couldn't have sexiness in the game. Yes the setting is oppressive with the government and aliens and everything. But the party would be the resistance people right? So there would be room for relationships and sexy fun. While trying to avoid getting killed ;)

Mindhazingsquid

Yes, but before the end of two there was the reproduction supression thing.

sithgod

Shagging doesn't have to be just for repro. ;) But it would also be your version of the setting. so you could change anything you didn't like.

Mindhazingsquid

Touché!  That's a very good point.  Hah hah.

sithgod

But I do think the actual setting has a hell of a lot potential story wise. Fighting the oppressive government and all that stuff.

Mindhazingsquid

So you're interested?  I don't really have any idea for a plot though.

sithgod

As a player sure. I don't know enough of the setting to run a game though.

Mindhazingsquid

Do you want more players or just the two of us?

sithgod

With a game like this I think you'd do well with a few people. There is certainly enough room in the setting for different classes. Hacker, Soldiers, Scouts, Medics, and so on. I think a game like this with so strong a setting could benefit from a few players.

Mindhazingsquid

sithgod

So personally with this one i'd try and get a bit of a group together. Gives you time to think on missions/plot as well.

Mindhazingsquid

sithgod

4 is good. You could get away with 6 if they are good posters. Otherwise you can end up waiting to long.

Mindhazingsquid