Salvation Run (A Supervillain game interest thread.)

Started by Darkcide, May 28, 2012, 09:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latooni Subota

I'd vote for NC-Exotic rather than Extreme, personally.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Sylia

I'm with Lat. NC-Exotic seems like it'll be a happy medium, not too easy mode, not so harsh that people'll get their feathers rustled.

Neysha

I'll agree with NC-Exotic. Just because it's in NC-Exotic doesn't necessarily mean everyone has to participate in NC themed content.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Darkcide

Well alright then, I'll put up the introduction before I head out tonight. Like I had said earlier, the introduction is universal for all of the characters involved so you'll just be able to go from there.

JerichoMyers

Going to attempt another crack at a character, though I'm quite sure it's a no go. I was thinking along the lines of a legacy to Bane, some one who took over his Venom business after he retired. Kinda like a canon but more based in the Batman Beyond series, shortly after the Nurse buddy was captured. Instead of slammers, it went right back to venom.

Darkcide

That works, only thing is that Bruce is still Batman. This game takes place during modern time. So your character would have fought Bruce, or Dick Grayson during his stint as Batman.

JerichoMyers

Dammit........ Another character down the tube. If that's the case, then Bane wouldn't be retired. Back to the drawing boards for me. Hopefully, in the distant future, I can make a decent profile.

Darkcide

Villains have apprentices or side characters all of the time. Realitstically Bane does work with people. He worked with the Secret Six, and has worked for Ras Al Ghul. They had Bane kicking the venom habit in the comics, so you can tie your character into that by being the one to pick it up. That'd put you into contention with him, since he was travelling the globe and destroying the stuff where he could find it.

Neysha

Quote from: Darkcide on June 04, 2012, 10:52:26 AM
Villains have apprentices or side characters all of the time. Realitstically Bane does work with people. He worked with the Secret Six, and has worked for Ras Al Ghul. They had Bane kicking the venom habit in the comics, so you can tie your character into that by being the one to pick it up. That'd put you into contention with him, since he was travelling the globe and destroying the stuff where he could find it.

Going to have to agree with Darkcide here. When I read the new bio, the only thing that stuck out to me as not fitting with the RP was Terry McGinnis being Batman, as opposed to a contemporary person. It'd be rather easy to rectify that curious inclusion with some modifications to the characters history.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

summoner2183

I was thinking of making a shark-themed villain, who's motivations is something like Poison Ivy's. Is it acceptable?

Darkcide

Shark themed like how? Like Killer Shark? King Shark? Or Tiger Shark? And motivations like Poison Ivy? So what he's like an Atlantean and tired of Surface Dwellers polluting the oceans and killing marine life? I don't see why it'd be a problem. It's been done a few times.

Darkcide

So the game is currently ongoing, there is always room for more villains for those who are interested.

Latooni Subota

Can we get an actual OOC thread? Or use this one for it? Or did I miss the OOC thread? >.>

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

MzHyde

Hey! You got room for one more in this pool? I brought cookies!

Elias

MzHyde

Real Name Temperance Matthews
Alias Wicked Witch
Affiliation Freelance

Bio Temperance Matthews is a gorgeous young woman with a tragic first name. Highschool can be cruel and being a part of a Wiccan family doesn't help. Her mother and father were always interested in nature, magic, and the mystical forces that surround us every day. Despite her good looks Temperance was always viewed as an outsider where she grew up and never quite fit in with any of the cliques. After graduating, she followed her parents around the country as they explored the ley lines that wrap around the planet, and other spots of power. During a stopover in a major city, however, her parents were killed by collateral damage during a bout between a superhero and supervillain. Something inside Temperance snapped. What makes a superhero so 'good'? They think they can do anything just because they have power! They think they're so high, so mighty! Look at them! Bossing around so-called 'villains' who are just trying to live their own way! It's nothing more than bullying! Well, no more. It's time to push back.

Temperance took off, in search of magic. Real magic. She knew it was real. She'd seen villains and heroes on the news using it. She just needed to figure out how to tap into it. Eventually, after years of hard study and work, she found it. Temperance got her hands on an ancient staff of magic and used her arcane knowledge to re-ignite the dormant powers within it. A twenty three year old Temperance Matthews was reborn! Reborn as The Wicked Witch!

Powers
--Elemental Manipulation: Temperance can toss balls of fire, ice, earth, water, or air. She can create shapes out of earth, conjure fire and water, and other such spells. Casting spells involves gestures with her staff or hands and uttering phrases. More powerful spells, obviously, take longer and more complex words or gestures to complete. A simple fireball, for example, takes but one word and a quick flick of her wrist. Creating a rock golem would require a magic circle and a much more complex spell phrase. Triggering a massive explosion would require a magic circle and a serious spell chant.

--Alchemy: Temperance can transmute any substance into any other substance. Steel into mud, lead into gold, water into fire. Doing this, however, requires planning and preperation. A ritual has to be performed and a sample of both substances must be contained within a magical vial, along with other ingredients. The prepared vial is then tossed on, for example, a bank vault, which quickly melts down into water and washes away.

--Conjuring: Her own posessions often reside within a 'pocket dimension' that she can transport non-living things to and from. The objects must 'belong' to her, however, for this to work. It is quite handy for teleporting clothing, her staff, or other items into her grasp.

--Teleportation: Temperance can teleport herself to anywhere she has been before simply by picturing it in her mind. Anything living touching her is taken along for the ride.

Status
--Int: 5
--Str: 2
--Spd: 2
--Dur: 2
--En: 6
--Sk: 3

Temperance has always been a gifted student and she's turned that intelligence twords studying magic exclusively for a number of years now. She has literally done little else than fume and pour over arcane tomes while plotting her revenge against superheroes and 'bullies' in general. Her gift for magic and ability to manipulate the very elements around her are offset by the fact that she is a completely unarmored target. She can create shields with earth or flame, but wears no armor since the magic runes woven into her clothing must remain uncovered. The runes (only seeable by someone with a gift for magic) allow her to cast spells without being harmed by them herself. She is a true 'glass cannon' and relies quite often on planning and cunning to win battles. She will not do good in being ambushed by more powerful beings.

Crimes
--Robbery
--Arson
--Assault
--Muder

Wicked Witch is wanted for a number of bank robberies, robbing the wealthy, torching and destroying businesses, assaulting law enforcement and superheroes, and the murder of one hero. She seems to have no agenda beyond delivering 'punishment' to people that she believes are abusing their power. She often attacks large corporations, superheroes, and, of course, banks. A girl has to make a living.

Darkcide

Here's the OOC.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=143046.0

And there is always room for more. And MzHyde that works. You're free to post whenever you like, your character will be boom tubed onto the planet. You can choose how close to the other PCs you'd like to be dropped.

JerichoMyers

Okay, I am willing to edit everything wrong with this profile Yes yes, I know you're going to tackle almost every aspect but it's a working process! Also, my laptop recently crashed...... BUT I BOUGHT A NEW ONE!

Alias: Siberian Hound
Affiliation: Russian Government
Biography: During the anarchy between Hero's and Villains throughout the world, Russia, unlike others, wouldn't stand for it. They wouldn't become part of the problem by hiring super-powered individuals but create their own. One subject, known as Raikov, volunteered himself. A patriotic Russian whom fought many battles against Hero's and Villains was ecstatic to be apart of a program that would rid Russia of this civil war. Thus, the process began. By dissecting and replacing live tissue with cybernetic replacements, removing appendages in exchange for metallic arms and legs, Raikov's entire body become an obscure, metallic shell of the human he once was. With only a brain and heart functioning, tubes running between the two to recycle blood cells to maintain both functions, Raikov became Russia's first weapon against said Hero's and Villains. His first appearance was in Siberia, two gangs of lesser known Hero's were perched to hunt and capture Gotham's infamous Victor Freeze. Unfortunately, Raikov, soon to be known as 'Siberian Hound' would locate these intruders. What simply started as recon to track a simple Villain became a fight for survival. Installed into the highly advanced Russian machine were jammers that blocked all communication..... This was only the beginning. The cold fusion reactor inside generated power that enabled Raikov to move at super speed, gliding through the winter storm, his camouflage activated, though unnecessary through the thick winter cape. Hero's, whom traveled via Skiido's never seen what came next. In the blink of an eye, blue light cut through one Hero's throat, turning it into a piss dispenser. There  was little time to panic fore Raikov quickly returned, cutting a swath through the entire recon team. This gave him the name 'Siberian Hound', for Raikov hunted these grounds. Hero's who came in search for these missing Hero's were met with the same fate..... Until Flash. Flash, fed up with said disappearances came in search himself. Most times, Hero's only saw the blue light before their lives barely flashed before their eyes. Flash, barely dodged, caught off guard. Though fast himself, he hadn't anticipated another speedster-isk character. Shortly after dodging several more times, Flash gave chase for Siberian Hound. Easily, Flash caught Raikov's trail but not without defiance. Armed with two cold fusion powered swords, one swipe would mane, potentially kill Flash. To Flash's good fortune, Siberian Hound wasn't nearly at his speed, thus, overcame the arctic assassin.

Powers: Given his entire body is mainly cybernetics powered by cold fusion, his abilities have become extensive though his durability is that of what Earth can offer. One ability was duly noted, his incredible Speed, which caused many deaths. Though not up to par with Flash, Kid Flash or Impulse, it's impressive enough that it's became a major function when dealing out multiple deaths. When in sync with camouflage in certain terrains, it's nearly impossible to sense the gliding spikes skimming across the ground. Because his body levitates, there are never any footprints.

Weapons: Surprisingly, the only weapons in Raikov's arsenal are twin tanto like blades. He's incredibly agile with both blades, each sharp end lined with cold fusion energy, which virtually turns anything into butter. Because his joints can shift and modulate into any direction or angle, close quarters combat has become incredibly dangerous, as these blades have become quite accurate and on the mark.

Intelligence: 3
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Durability: 5
Energy Projection: 1
Fighting Skills: 5

Skills: He's able to craft different appearances, mimicking others, voice, smell, everything except personality. This skill is mainly used to revert what he once was, a human to give him a sense of humanity that may or may not remain inside.

Crimes: He's killed many for the simple reason they crossed Russian boarders. Because of such extreme methods, he's been trialed, successfully with Russian governments denying his existence. Raikov didn't defend himself or even speak up but accepted the charges and willing accepted the procedure. If he had any idea he'd be boom tubed to another planet, there might have been some resistance.

Darkcide

Don't know why you'd assume that but no I don't have a problem with the profile.

You just wouldn't be Russia's first weapon or superpowered being they made for their defense is the only thing. There has been several of them. Crimson Dynamo, The Winter Guard which is one of their superhero teams, Red Star, The Red Trinity was another superhero team, Bolshoi, People's Heroes were another superhero team, as was Soyuz, The People's Protectorate was another team, so is the Rocket Red Brigade, and the Bogatyri. Granted your use of lethal force and the whole denial of your existence thing? Would put you at ends with your countries' heroes. Though that isn't at all a problem.

Russia's policy towards metahumans in both universes is that they have their own, and they do not want outsiders especially Americans operating within their borders. They are violently against that, and will attack other superheroes because of it. They've had a longstanding tradition of metahumans though that dates back to WW2. So the xenophobia is definitely in line with the character you created. You'd be one of the more recent successes they've had in creating a metahuman however. And you'd more than likely have been created or at the least financed by the FSB which is their premiere domestic security agency.

Otherwise, you're free to post whenever.

DRoux

Alias: Black Eye
Citizenship: United States

Height: 5’11”
Weight: 180 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde

Origin: Cybernetically enhanced human
Powers: Superhuman senses that he can activate and return to normal at will, superhuman reflexes, can punch through about an inch of concrete no problem, and a natural genius-level intellect.
Intelligence: 6
Strength: 4
Speed: 2
Durability: 2
Energy Projection: 1
Fighting Skills: 6

Skills: Intelligence on par with the likes of Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark, trained in Capoeira, Krav Maga, and Iron Palm martial arts; can’t hope to hold his own against individuals like Superman or Thor, so avoids them at all costs. An excellent marksman.
Crimes: Murder, grand theft
Major Enemies: Batman, Deadshot (with whom he often competes for contracts), The Punisher (from whom he sometimes steals equipment)

History: A former member of Wayne Enterprises’ R&D department, Donovan was originally brought on for his specialty in biomedical engineering. However, what disturbed the higher echelons of the company, and Bruce Wayne in particular, was his eagerness to weaponize the technology he was producing. He was fired about three years after he started working with the company. Furious, he copied as many schematics as he could get his hands on from the archives, as well as his own prototypes, during his two weeks. Armed with these designs, he labored hard and poured most of his remaining funds into building working devices. He brought them to Hush, and, once he had told the surgeon that he was planning on using them for at least a little bit of revenge against Bruce Wayne, paid for an operation to install artificial muscle fibers, and an enhancer for his reflexes and senses, both wired directly into his nervous system. After a failed attempt on Bruce Wayne’s life, stopped by Robin, (a fight resulting in the sardonically-adopted title of Black Eye, after receiving one from Robin), Donovan fled Gotham and started working freelance assassination contracts. He was taken down by Batman during a contract in Gotham, and was loaded up with the rest of the captured supervillains.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Google

Alias: Cain
Affiliation: Runs the Cult of Cain, whose teachings include the embracing of primal desires and instincts.
Base Of Operations: He mostly worked out of Florida, less big name teams to deal with there.
Citizenship: Untied States
Marital Status: Officially single, though the Cult always gave him plenty to play with.

Height: 5'10
Weight: 160 Lbs
Eyes: Golden Brown
Hair: Brown

Origin: Unknown, the Cult he leads believe that his powers are of devine origin though in truth he suspects that it is mutation that gives him the power he has.

Powers: Cain is gifted with immense strength and speed in addition to being nigh invulnerable. While he cannot fly he is able to leap vast distances and run at Mach-1.
Intelligence-4
Strength-6
Speed-4
Durability-7
Energy Projection-1
Fighting Skills-5

Skills: At the top end of the strength range Cain knows there are few who can go toe to toe with him, especially when one takes into account his durability. However there are those stronger then him out there and he knows since he can't beat them in raw strength he has made a point of learning out to fight those who outclass him in strength and speed. A more pragmatic and dirty fighter you will be hard pressed to find. Also a very skilled manipulator, while he has no trouble getting his own hands dirty he doesn't mind letting someone else do it for him.

Crimes: In addition to his own crimes which include Assault, Murder, Vandalism on a mass scale, Armed Robbery the cult he leads is responsible for a great number of crimes at his urging, to include not only the same crimes that he commits but kidnapping, brainwashing, distrobution of drugs to include Venom, and extortion.
Enemies: Has mostly dealt with B list Heros, and a run in with Squirrel girl that he refuses to go into detail about.

History: Cain gives very little information out about his past, in fact he often lies about his own origins in order to further his gains. What is known is that he was taken from his birth home by the state when he was only a few months old, both his parents being drug addicts. It wasn't long before he was adopted though, placed in a loving and well off family.

But as Cain grew older and he learned of his own abilities he began to see himself as better then those around him, discounting the story of his adoption as a cover he has long suspected that his origins are much more interesting and might explain his talents. When in college he first began to recruit for his cult, demonstrating his powers to a chosen few and explaining to them that he had been sent by a dark god to help usher in the end times, those who join him would not only be spared but greatly rewarded in the new world.

He has kept mostly off the radar though, the biggest team he ran into were the Great Lake Avengers and even then he decided early on that groups of Super heros were more trouble then they were worth.
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

Darkcide

Both concepts approved, feel free to post as soon as you like. The intro is at the start of the thread and universal for everyone. You can choose how close to any of the players you wish to be boom tubed.

Latooni Subota

Is that someone with cybernetic enhancements I see? :3

Google

Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)