The second Presidential debate

Started by elone, October 15, 2012, 11:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elone

Tomorrow is the next debate. Opened this thread to find out pre-debate what President Obama needs to do to win this one after his poor performance in the first. Also discuss thoughts on the debate after it concludes.

I think he really needs to just show up and refute Romney's plans, pin him on specifics, and point out his inconsistencies throughout the campaign. Point out once more the side of Romney that divides him from the 47% (really the 99%). Romney lost ground when people looked at him as a corporate raider who didn't give a damn about people, now he has been allowed to portray himself as a middle of the road Mr. nice guy who would never put the rich above the middle class.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Ironwolf85

he was kinda sleepy on the first one.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Stattick

O/O   A/A

ShadowFox89

Someone give that man an Irish Coffee, with extra Irish.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Serephino

Yeah, he needs to be less reserved and show some of that charisma and ambition that got him elected the first time.  Of course, I guess it's hard to not feel defeated after everything that's been going on.  Calling Romney on his flip-flopping would be helpful.  Last time it looked like he was reading a prepared speech instead of engaging in the debate. 

Ironwolf85

I hope they use the same moderator, she was an actual journalist, it was fun watching her ask some hard questions of the VP's
Biden on fear of military action (such as his trying to get the Prez to pull the plug on the Bin-ladin raid.)
Ryans on his mystical budget numbers that totally make sense, but cannot be released until after the election.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

elone

Quote from: Stattick on October 16, 2012, 01:14:20 AM
He needs to pull a Biden.

Agree, some people on the news say he held back to avoid the look of being a bully. Unfortunately Romney bullied and lied and gained ground. These debates do seem to hold some sway in the election if we are to believe the polls. Not sure how many undecideds are still out there but even if it 1 or 2 percent, that may be what it takes to win.

Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

OldSchoolGamer

What would wake the debate up is:

1. Allowing the audience to ask unscripted questions.

2. Given that deviation from political orthodoxy is frowned on here, I'll just briefly point out that there ARE more than two people running for POTUS.

3. Realtime fact checking.  Schedule a few commercial breaks during which researchers could look up what the candidates say (or tape-delay the debate a couple hours).

Trieste

Now Romney is making promises for his plans for Canada and Mexico (I assume he knows they're part of "North America").

Watch out, Canadians.

Chelemar

WEEE GOOD FIGHT!  I saw we give them red and blue trunks and red and blue gloves and put them in the ring! ding ding ding!

Chelemar

Run Midstates cause holy cow the pipe line right through the watershed aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Trieste

Obama: "I'm used to being interrupted."

Dahahaha.

I don't want to see them fight, but I wonder what it would do to stories and ratings if one of them threw a slug.

Chelemar

I know hahaha, :D would love to have seen Mrs. O's face then.

bwaahahah

Edited to add,  Romney on wind energy..."I don't have a problem with wind energy."  Yeah no kidding, he's full of it.

Trieste

This 60% tax rate Romney is talking about on the richest Americans... is he in dreamland? Are you kidding me?!

ShadowFox89

Man, Romney's full of more shit than the farms around here.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2012, 08:34:01 PM
This 60% tax rate Romney is talking about on the richest Americans... is he in dreamland? Are you kidding me?!
No..what he said is..

60% of the taxes being PAID to the government is from the top 2% of the countries income makers.

Trieste

I'm waiting for him to mention his "six studies"... give me a break.

Chelemar

HE STILL never said where the money comes. EVER

Trieste

He totes just did the smug walk back. Romney SWAGGAH.

Chelemar

Oh, and as far as no marriage for gays, Mr. Romney, your GGDad had what 17 wives, but I as a lesbian can't have one?? Pa lease!

Chelemar

Does he realize that he sounds sexist?

Callie Del Noire

Noo..he just thinks you don't need to worry your little head about the big issues liddle lady.. (he is coming across as very smarmy to me)

Chelemar

YEAH!  Go Daddy Bama, take care of the girls.

Trieste

"I have two daughters and I want them to have the same opportunities as anybody's son has."

*cheers*

Callie Del Noire

MORE FREE TRADE AGREEMENTS? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FRIGGING MIND!

Sorry.. yelling at the TV now.. MORE?

Chelemar

Chelemar

I'm gonna crack down on China?  How, when he throws the dishes at the wall in a temper?

Trieste

The consensus on Twitter is that Jeremy the Student is the new Joe the Plumber.

Chelemar

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2012, 08:50:20 PM
The consensus on Twitter is that Jeremy the Student is the new Joe the Plumber.

Oh really?  Interesting.

Chelemar

Please someone bring up gay marriage and reproductive rights.... Pa---leaseeeeeeeeee

Trieste

I wish they would talk more about investing in mass transit rather than continuing to support the auto industry.

Quote from: Chelemar on October 16, 2012, 08:54:48 PM
Please someone bring up gay marriage and reproductive rights.... Pa---leaseeeeeeeeee

I know, right?

Chelemar

Edited to add, CNN poll  (I'm watching online via CNN live and playing in twitter etc.)

Poll: Who is winning so far?
Obama by a lot (100%)
Romney by a lot (0%)
Obama by a little (0%)
Romney by a little (0%)

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Chelemar on October 16, 2012, 08:38:44 PM
HE STILL never said where the money comes. EVER

"I've been doing balanced budgets all my life, in every company I've been head of." - Well, it's easy enough to do if you have the option of selling off parts that aren't profitable, raising a new round of stock or firing thousands of employees. When you're running a country, that's a little bit more complicated: last time I checked you couldn't fast-fire unprofitable citizens or deprive them of their pensions, their basic healthcare/meds rights, the schools of their kids or their student loans.

The guy is more than vague about where he's going to get the money or what happens if he finds that he can't both tighten the belt and expand the economy.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Chelemar

and now for the slow people who just cant click fast lmao

Poll: Who is winning so far?
Obama by a lot (44%)
Romney by a lot (16%)
Obama by a little (22%)
Romney by a little (18%)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: gaggedLouise on October 16, 2012, 08:57:19 PM
"I've been doing balanced budgets all my life, in every company I've been head of." - Well, it's easy enough to do if you have the option of selling off parts that aren't profitable, raising a new round of stock or firing thousands of employees. When you're running a country, that's a little bit more complicated: last time I checked you couldn't fast-fire unprofitable citizens or deprive them of their pensions, their basic healthcare/meds rights, the schools of their kids or their student loans.

The guy is more than vague about where he's going to get the money or what happens if he finds that he can't both tighten the belt and expand the economy.

My question is this.. has he EVER not outsources or sold off assetts to make a profit? I don't think (aside from Bain..which is a leech) he has grown a company. He's looted and pillaged a hell of a lot

Trieste

According to Slate's Instant Spin Room, conservatives think Romney is winning, and liberals think Obama is winning.

Chelemar

I don't look at my pension that often, it's not as big as yours hahahaha

Callie Del Noire

Watch as I tap dance away from immigration.. switch it to the Pres' pension.. tadaadadadada

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2012, 09:01:25 PM
According to Slate's Instant Spin Room, conservatives think Romney is winning, and liberals think Obama is winning.

Mighty surprised here.  :D
Quote from: Chelemar on October 16, 2012, 09:07:13 PM
I don't look at my pension that often, it's not as big as yours hahahaha

Agree, good oneliner.

ShadowFox89

Much better debate tonight than last time.

Romney is going to walk away with a black eye and busted jaw.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Trieste

Dude. Benghazi wasn't the one that asked for more security. It was another consulate in Libya. That's been debunked, mister braintrust.  >:(

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2012, 09:11:08 PM
Dude. Benghazi wasn't the one that asked for more security. It was another consulate in Libya. That's been debunked, mister braintrust.  >:(

Damn.. can he get any smugger? And look more insincere doing it?

Callie Del Noire

Didn't 'Fast and Furious start up around 2006 or so? Silly me?

Trieste

How did he go from automatic weapons to single-parent homes?

ShadowFox89

It did. But Cal, remember. The Bush era never happened.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2012, 09:23:12 PM
How did he go from automatic weapons to single-parent homes?

Not only taht.. but he slammed single parents (you no need naughty sex till yer married!)

Chelemar

Romney is such a liar!  Yeah, so what are you going to do to China?  Oh, I know, let's go to war with China. OMGOSH.

Trieste

Romney: "Trickle-down government has never worked here, has never worked anywhere."

Gonna hold him to that.

Callie Del Noire

"Oh .. don't pay to my 20+ years of outsourcing.. I'll bring jobs back.. and be harsh with China.. REALLY."

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Chelemar on October 16, 2012, 09:28:24 PM
Romney is such a liar!  Yeah, so what are you going to do to China?  Oh, I know, let's go to war with China. OMGOSH.

Moar tax cuts! Rawr!
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Remiel

Bill Maher is a complete tool, but the following made me laugh:

Quote from: Bill Maher @ TwitterNot cool: after Obama and Romney cross paths on stage, Romney checks for his wallet

Trieste

I think my livestream is lagging slightly behind the teevee. I keep seeing tweets of quotes that don't come along for another minute or two.

Chelemar

did he just say there are no jobs because unemployment is so high?

Chelemar

Quote from: Remiel on October 16, 2012, 09:30:03 PM
Bill Maher is a complete tool, but the following made me laugh:

that's cause the president is poor, he only makes 600K a year.  Hell he's a pauper.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Chelemar on October 16, 2012, 09:28:24 PM

+1

Bomb out the ipad factories! ;)

Trieste

I think he just said that, yeah...

And that the key to lowering unemployment is to get more people hired. I mean, why didn't anyone else think of that? The way he said it, it's so simple.

Chelemar

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2012, 09:30:16 PM
I think my livestream is lagging slightly behind the teevee. I keep seeing tweets of quotes that don't come along for another minute or two.

you tube is behind by about 30 seconds. 

Callie Del Noire

Wow.. he is REALLY being 'that guy' after 20 years at Bain?

Will

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2012, 09:28:50 PM
Romney: "Trickle-down government has never worked here, has never worked anywhere."

Gonna hold him to that.

At least trickle-down economics had a reasonable-sounding explanation.  His plan is exactly the same, except he replaced the explanation with a "trust me!"

...It's literally the "???? profit" meme.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Callie Del Noire

"Government doesnt' create jobs?"

Funny.. I had a job for 15 years thanks to the government.

Chelemar

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2012, 09:32:18 PM
I think he just said that, yeah...

And that the key to lowering unemployment is to get more people hired. I mean, why didn't anyone else think of that? The way he said it, it's so simple.

LOL I know right!

Hey, I know let's make job's, and wow then people will have them? 

GO MR. PRESIDENT  ...

Government does not create jobs... but... but...

Trieste

*gigglefits at Will*

1: Insult President.
2: Lie, lie, lie to get elected.
3: ???
4: Profit!

Chelemar

I went to the Olympics! yay!

So why don't you want affordable health care for everyone?
No, we don't have to settle, so why do you want us to settle?

Will

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2012, 09:35:34 PM
*gigglefits at Will*

1: Insult President.
2: Lie, lie, lie to get elected.
3: ???
4: Profit!

...Do you have an inside source at the RNC?

- Jack Kerouac

Chelemar

Triste,

You forgot "smile smarmily"

Callie Del Noire

Wow.. the president just like.. lied.. "I think Governor Romney is a good man.."

With a straight face even

Trieste

Quote from: Will on October 16, 2012, 09:37:03 PM
...Do you have an inside source at the RNC?

BJ supplier with ears. *straight face*

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2012, 09:40:01 PM

You have a blowjob supplier in the RNC?

Oh, you mean Ryan!
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chelemar

LOL Cal,

He thinks he's a good man, terrible dog owner. Good man, terrible presidential candidate.

Will

Quote from: Trieste on October 16, 2012, 09:40:01 PM

Ahhhh.  You must get plenty of hot tips!

- Jack Kerouac

ReijiTabibito

Finally.  Took Obama two whole debates to bring out the 47%.  If it had been me, I'd have been hammering Romney with it to the tune of "If I Had A Hammer," by Peter, Paul & Mary.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on October 16, 2012, 09:42:38 PM
Finally.  Took Obama two whole debates to bring out the 47%.  If it had been me, I'd have been hammering Romney with it to the tune of "If I Had A Hammer," by Peter, Paul & Mary.

Or.. everytime Romney goes 'I  think the people will agree with me.." the president could go 'Well not 47% of them.."

Remiel

I think it's fair to say Obama won round 2.  Romney was definitely looking a little bit desperate-flailing at times, especially when Candy Crowley asserted that Obama did, in fact, refer to the Benghazi attacks as terrorism.

It will be interesting to see what factcheck says about the debate tomorrow.

Chelemar

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 16, 2012, 09:44:57 PM
Or.. everytime Romney goes 'I  think the people will agree with me.." the president could go 'Well not 47% of them.."

Now, that was funny.

Chelemar

Quote from: Remiel on October 16, 2012, 09:47:10 PM
I think it's fair to say Obama won round 2.  Romney was definitely looking a little bit desperate-flailing at times, especially when Candy Crowley asserted that Obama did, in fact, refer to the Benghazi attacks as terrorism.

Tomorrow?  They are doing it now. :D

ShadowFox89

I'm watching Fox news and about ready to hurl >.<'
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

ReijiTabibito

I can guess what will be said by the factcheckers by at least one side...Mr "My Campaign Will Not Be Run By Fact Checkers."

WildCat

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 16, 2012, 09:38:33 PM
Wow.. the president just like.. lied.. "I think Governor Romney is a good man.."

With a straight face even
Hey, in the first debate he told Lehrer "you did a great job."
ONS and OFFS: Make Wildcat purr
Absence: Where's the cheshire Cat?

Don't want to lose track of crossrealms and my room

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 16, 2012, 09:49:32 PM
How bad is it?

They're pulling clips and cutting off Obama's retorts to any BS that Romney might have had.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Trieste

The transcript of Obama's remarks from Sept 12 does refer to acts of terror. I mean, he didn't hammer it, but the categorization was there.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/09/12/remarks-president-deaths-us-embassy-staff-libya

Ironwolf85

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 16, 2012, 09:54:00 PM
They're pulling clips and cutting off Obama's retorts to any BS that Romney might have had.
it's Fox you are suprised?

I watched the whole thing and obama suckerpunched him a number of times, Fox is attacking the moderator for "Bias" which we all know means they think they lost and are blaming someone.

On the Lybia thing the administration kinda, played it down untill they had more information, and some people think it's a coverup, and the whole thing is a little fishy, but it was likely for diplomatic reasons. Lest we have seals going after the wrong people.
the prez also nailed him on pretty much every forgin policy question.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on October 16, 2012, 10:15:26 PM
it's Fox you are suprised?

I watched the whole thing and obama suckerpunched him a number of times, Fox is attacking the moderator for "Bias" which we all know means they think they lost and are blaming someone.

On the Lybia thing the administration kinda, played it down untill they had more information, and some people think it's a coverup, and the whole thing is a little fishy, but it was likely for diplomatic reasons. Lest we have seals going after the wrong people.
the prez also nailed him on pretty much every forgin policy question.

Not to mention.. YOU NEVER REVEAL Intel activities.. you can discuss that 'efforts in progress' and such.. but anything more than that gives away enough info that things will cost you time, money and effort.

Oniya

Okay, 'women in binders' has just started hitting my political feeds.  George Takei has even mentioned it, which means I've got about 5 minutes before it's completely viral.

Where did that one come from?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on October 16, 2012, 10:32:45 PM
Okay, 'women in binders' has just started hitting my political feeds.  George Takei has even mentioned it, which means I've got about 5 minutes before it's completely viral.

Where did that one come from?

Women in Binders?

ShadowFox89

George Takei ā€@GeorgeTakei
I admit, I've never had a binder full of women either.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chelemar

romney said he had BINDERS FULL OF WOMEN LOL who could do jobs as good as the men in his cabinet.  When he went looking for women to hire.

WOW REALLY BINDERS FULL OF WOMEN AND A MORMAN TO BOOT?

Chelemar

I should add that he said he went to women's groups and that they brought him the binders full of women.

Chelemar

Is it remiss of me to say, that personally, I know a few lesbian's who would like a binder or two.  Just sayin'.

Oniya

Quote from: Chelemar on October 16, 2012, 10:40:45 PM
romney said he had BINDERS FULL OF WOMEN LOL who could do jobs as good as the men in his cabinet.  When he went looking for women to hire.

>_> Considering the things his cabinet has let him say, I think my gender's just been insulted. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

ShadowFox89

Hey now, some of us guys would like those binders too ;)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chelemar

Quote from: Oniya on October 16, 2012, 10:44:31 PM
>_> Considering the things his cabinet has let him say, I think my gender's just been insulted. 

yeah I don't think he realized that any of what he said was sexist.

He also said getting the momma's home in time to make the supper was important.

Vekseid

Quote from: Chelemar on October 16, 2012, 10:43:12 PM
Is it remiss of me to say, that personally, I know a few lesbian's who would like a binder or two.  Just sayin'.

Gather them all over here. May take some good rope work, but I'm sure we can make a few...

Chelemar

Quote from: Vekseid on October 16, 2012, 10:48:35 PM
Gather them all over here. May take some good rope work, but I'm sure we can make a few...

LOL,  WOOT... wow and that sounds fun! fast fingers fly, furiously phoning."

elone

So, is it safe to say that Obama kicked ass on this one.

Loved the moderator, actually told Romney to sit down at one point if I heard right.

Poetry
O/O's

Ironwolf85

Quote from: elone on October 17, 2012, 12:05:25 AM
So, is it safe to say that Obama kicked ass on this one.

Loved the moderator, actually told Romney to sit down at one point if I heard right.
they both talked over her, and were really at it.
but yeah, fox might not want to admit it, but Obama came out of the gate and countered everything romney threw at him

elone

After the debate there was a scene where you could see Romney's wife walking up to him. The look on her face said it all.

"Obama kicked your ass."

Priceless

Poetry
O/O's

Stattick

O/O   A/A

Chelemar

zooomgosh... I am actually in pain from laughing.... I think I blew a heart valve.

that's funny stuff.  I love the webz.

Chelemar

whatiscalledwhenyoutakeoveratopic
Or is it really binders full of women? 
/endwhatsitcalledwhenyoutakeoveratopic

Vekseid

So, what I get for not watching the presidential debate live. Took less than 30 minutes for someone to register all of the domain names.

Avis habilis

Quote from: Vekseid on October 17, 2012, 07:47:43 AM
Took less than 30 minutes for someone to register all of the domain names.

What domain names? "Bindersfullofwomen.com"?

Oniya

Apparently so - powered by Django.  *smirk*

Trieste

Yeeep. Between all of the various social media networks, politics are now pretty much interactive. Especially stuff like debates. >.>

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Avis habilis on October 17, 2012, 07:49:42 AM
What domain names? "Bindersfullofwomen.com"?

They don't have to end in the usual bunch of top domains anymore, you know. It's only a matter of time till someone registers "bound.women", "tea.party.4-ever", "usedinallher.holes" or "fuckthepope.xxx"

(Speaking of xxx, it's been suggested as a new top domain for commercial porn and juicy stuff though)

Vekseid

.xxx is already live. The price is ridiculous though.

gaggedLouise

Trieste

Oh my god... still laughing...

The look on Obama's face makes it. *dies*

Will

- Jack Kerouac

Trieste

*wiping away tears from laughing so hard*

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Trieste on October 17, 2012, 02:29:47 PM
Oh my god... still laughing...

The look on Obama's face makes it. *dies*

That is classic. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

gaggedLouise

That's the way you do it,
Binders of women an'em chicks for free...

What if he'd said "As governor I had crates full of women under my office desk?"  ;D

Will

"Sure, sure.  We had a warehouse full of women.  We kept them in storage and wheeled them out for PR events and company parties."

Seriously, though, I'm kind of surprised to hear him endorsing something that amounts to affirmative action.

- Jack Kerouac

Oniya

Quote from: gaggedLouise on October 17, 2012, 02:38:33 PM
That's the way you do it,
Binders of women an'em chicks for free...

What if he'd said "As governor I had crates full of women under my office desk?"  ;D

No, see, that would have been Clinton.  ;D  (Kept 'em right next to the humidor...)

Stattick

Quote from: Oniya on October 17, 2012, 03:10:59 PM
No, see, that would have been Clinton.  ;D  (Kept 'em right next to the humidor...)

Wait, I thought that humming thing under his desk was the humidor.
O/O   A/A

Stattick

O/O   A/A

Stattick

How would you address the gender pay gap?

That was the question. This was Romney's answer:

Romney's Answer to the Equal Pay Question

This is my response to Romney's answer:

Billy Madison - Ultimate Insult (Academic Decathlon)
O/O   A/A

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI