Monsters & Miniskirts (D&D 3.5 with a twist) {not recruiting at the moment}

Started by Tamhansen, September 17, 2013, 11:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

I am familiar with running systems, building NPC encounters, and things like that, but not as familiar to the setting.  I would be willing to assist you and organize things like tournaments, major encounters, etc, but not as much help running a plot except to brainstorm.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Ghostwheel

Quote from: kckolbe on September 19, 2013, 09:09:23 AM
I am familiar with running systems, building NPC encounters, and things like that, but not as familiar to the setting.  I would be willing to assist you and organize things like tournaments, major encounters, etc, but not as much help running a plot except to brainstorm.

I'm in the same boat; I enjoy building encounters, running the system, and doing all the behind-the-scenes work. That said, I'm already running one plot-centric game, and I don't have time to respond and run one for another party, but would be happy to help with all the other stuff as needed :-)

CarnivalOfTheGoat

A Thayan Tiefling Duskblade. An ex-slave who slipped her master's chains and has worked her way 'cross the continent with a caravan to Waterdeep, a place about as far as it is possible to get from Thay (but alas, Waterdeep has its own Thayan embassy, most everywhere does!).

I can easily build her as a gishy melee type or if need be as a gishy chain-tank (spiked chains being moderately popular regional weapons in Mulhorand and religious weapons in Thay (Lots of Kossuth-worshippers in Thay, and it's his holy weapon)).

As the above probably suggests, I'm fairly familiar with the Faerûn setting. :)

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: RubySlippers on September 18, 2013, 03:40:22 PM
8. Any Other Suggestions Welcome

Oooh, I've always been a fan of calligraphy. Very fancy, and has another use or two that come up with the right spell.

Angie

Oh what the hell, how about I play a Wizard that's trained by the Guild of Waterdeep? Mind if I give it a shot?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Anon315

I'd like to play a Centaur. (Yes there are rules for starting one at level 1, Races of the Wild) One who wandered into town one day and liked what he saw rather than the wild forests. Perhaps it's the lack of a necessity to hunt for food, or the lack of a need to seek shelter from rains (because a barn is shelter), but he likes cities for whatever reason and has become about as civilized and urban as a centaur is likely to get, while still quite young as far as such creatures go. He still maintains a bond with nature, keeping on the outskirts of cities and is technically agoraphobic, but fine so long as he can easily get out of the city in a reasonable minute's travel, which for someone his speed is not terribly difficult. Looking towards a martial class after finishing centaur levels, Tome of Battle if it's available otherwise Ranger or Fighter work just as well.

EroticFantasyAuthor

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on September 19, 2013, 08:13:21 PM
I am just curious, but why not Pathfinder?

I'm just guessing that probably it's because it does have a smaller player base, which makes it a little harder to round up a game? I stopped playing D&D for most of a decade and only in the last year or so found out what Pathfinder was...FOr several months prior I had assumed it was just some other RPG system!

Or for that matter the GM himself might not play PF.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Angie

Probably easier to convert the Erotic Fantasy book over-it's a 3.0 book, after all
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

EroticFantasyAuthor

If Changelings can be adapted to Forgotten Realms with little issue, I may have a character ready for applying.

Anon315

I believe we're supposed to stick to stuff that isn't generally setting-specific if not Faerunian, and Changeling is Eberron. At least so far as I understood it.

Kunoichi

Changelings are also in the Monster Manual III, actually.  They really wouldn't be difficult to adapt into the Forgotten Realms, either, considering how easily they can hide themselves.

schnookums

Given the amount of replies already here (and one group filled already) I take it I'm a bit too late to apply?

Silk

The second group is forming, should move in while you can :)

Tamhansen

Okay first off, as the interest has been so overwhelming, I've decided to clear some of my schedule and add a third group however I'd be making that group on a bit of a slower rate, getting one to two responses from me as DM per day. Normally I try to do three to four. This does not mean the adventure will get less attention in detail and such, but simply that it will be somewhat slower.

Secondly, please forgive me for the MMO outcry here, but: Healer needed for Waterdeep run.

I have 13 applications, and only one is essentially able to be a healer, Muse's Dragon shaman. Though Kckolbe said he might start as a healer he was kind of non committing there. So basically I'm looking for one more healer. If KC would be willing to take that role, I have the 2 groups filled, otherwise I'd need one more healbot.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Silk

Name: Alexi
Class: Monk
Height:5'6
Race: Human

Backstory: Alexi was a simple chipper girl from a no-named villiage, her days were nothing but simple, she had her chores and played with the other children of the Villiage, until a Orc raid stuck and destroyed everything she knew, during the attack she hid and was spared a much worse fate, many of the women she knew layed broken, men fell, Children massacred.

The day after the raid a traveling monk passed and witnessed the destruction of the Villiage, it was him who finally took Alexi out of her hiding place, feeling that the young girl would not survive the harsh coming winter without his aid, he took her to the monastery where he lived, and soon Alexi was being brought into the daily routine of the other monks, training both mind and body, but her passionate hatred for the Orcs still festered. Day's turned into weeks, into years, soon Alexi through her passion and enthusiasm had become one of the better fighters of her new home, even though her anger and emotions had been tempered by the rigours training, her passion and upbeat nature remained with her, as did her hatred for the Orc species.

In time Alexi decided that to further her own development she should leave the Monastery and travel the world, so she may become more wise to what it had to offer, and to repair the damage caused by the darker elements. Opting to travel light she then made her way through the countryside, towards the city of Waterdeep.

Muse

:)  I'd love to play a healer for you.  I could switch to a cleric of favored soul if that will help? 

Say, a cleric of Kosuth?  Or lathander? 

Or an elfkin favored soul of Eilstraee?  Hm... 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Tamhansen

Quote from: Muse on September 20, 2013, 04:45:39 AM
:)  I'd love to play a healer for you.  I could switch to a cleric of favored soul if that will help? 

Say, a cleric of Kosuth?  Or lathander? 

Or an elfkin favored soul of Eilstraee?  Hm... 

Well a dragon shaman can be a healer if they have high charisma, but switching to a full healer would be nice.

Well that takes care of one group. Anyone else?
ons and offs

Tamhansen

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on September 19, 2013, 08:13:21 PM
I am just curious, but why not Pathfinder?

Sorry, missed this question. PF is a nice game, not weird as it is in reality nothing more than a d&d 3.5 homebrew that caught on when WOTC suffered the traumatic experience called 4th edition, but 3.5 is more comfortable to me to play a FR campaign with. No conversions needed, easy integration of the BoEF indeed, and a less OP character build.
ons and offs

EroticFantasyAuthor

How does this work? May have missed some things from bringing it over from else-where. And of course character sheet will be adjusted, just a quick early morning transfer for now.

Sim Keen-Ear

Sim's Favored Form (Voluptuous Nudes, NSFW)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Sim grew up in the city of Waterdeep, daughter to a rather successful pair of private investigators. Her mother is a wizard of considerable skill, favoring divination, illusion and transmutation spells. While her father is a charming rogue who uses his natural charisma and dexterity to great effect. They're known simply as the Keen-Ears, information and secrets are their business. As a child, she was their eager assistant, sent on safe and easy errands at first. However as she grew older, she began begging them to allow her to tackle more difficult tasks.

When she wasn't assisting her parents with investigations, she was training with them, playing with other children or experimenting by herself. Her father was quick to begin teaching her the roguish skills that had served him so well, he found that she had a natural talent for most of them and was a quick study. At an early age, she was fascinated by the magic her mother wielded with such skill. Her mother did everything she could to encourage this interest, bit by bit teaching her daughter more and more about the arcane. When asked whether she wanted to be a rogue or a wizard, it wasn't really a surprise when she responded with "Why not both?" Her parents embraced this idea, her father continuing her rogue training, ensuring a solid foundation for her wizardly skills to be built upon. Once that foundation was complete, her mother began her wizardly training in earnest.

As a child she always leaned more towards female forms, she found them easier to adopt, more enjoyable to play, and they just felt more natural to her. However, male forms were always a fun challenge. It seemed her body could not decide on a gender, manifesting a bit late in adolescence as female. Her parents each had a favored form, and so would she. Her father preferred a tall handsome human male with black hair light facial hair, and warm brown eyes. Her mother favored the form of a curvaceous elven female with long dark red hair that appeared almost black in certain lighting, accompanied by deep golden eyes.

Her own favored form developed over time, evolving into her opinion of perfection. She blended aspects from her parents' formed forms, choosing half-elf as the race. Her eyes were the same as her mother's an intense golden, but with a hint of warm brown flecks to honor her father. Her hair was a mixture, the first half of each strand was black, while the second half ended in dark red. She decided to stand an inch taller than her mother, but two inches shorter than her father. Just like her mother's, her form is curvaceous and voluptuous.

Their favored forms are used at home, around the office, and when meeting clients. Her parents have mostly retired from the adventurous side of the private investigating business. So she usually works solo on cases. Not that she minds, as they almost always prove to be fun challenges. She definitely enjoys the work, some cases may be similar, they're never the same.

She is a becomer, like both of her parents. Always experimenting with new faces, new personas. She has a thirst for adventure, enjoys a good challenge and is a bit addicted to the adrenaline rush from the more risky parts of her job. She is more of a lover rather than a fighter and always attempts to avoid violence. But that doesn't mean she is a coward, or unskilled with a weapon, she can hold her own in a fight if need be. When not working, she is often found indulging in the many pleasures life has to offer, from good food to good entertainment. Carnal delights are easily her favorite pleasure, and her favorite way of getting information.

kckolbe

Quote from: Katataban on September 20, 2013, 04:50:53 AM
Well a dragon shaman can be a healer if they have high charisma, but switching to a full healer would be nice.

Well that takes care of one group. Anyone else?

Count me in as a healy type.  Depending on the tone of the group I may be a healer, cleric, favored soul, or even a bard with a complete focus on healing (unlikely), but I will play a dedicated healer.

EDIT:  Will the three groups have any interaction, or will they be completely separate?  I notice Group 1 is all female, which will affect ratios for the other two.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Tamhansen

the other two groups are fairly even gender wise

And I'm not sure about intergroup interaction. If the groups agree, and I can get my head wrapped around the logistics, then yes.
ons and offs

ChaoticSky

EroticFantasyAuthor

Was I too late to apply?

Seems I was, please keep me in-mind for a reserve slot.

Lockepick

Trying to keep up with the status -- If I haven't heard back from the GM, I should assume I'm not in either of the two parties.

Though I should still cross my fingers for the third group?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!