Breath of the Wyrrd (Pathfinder, Gestalt, Female Party, Extreme)

Started by soular, June 15, 2019, 12:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryu Wojin

Quote from: Terian on June 21, 2019, 07:54:05 AM
That's a nice format, I'm going to borrow it for my own design, okay?

Go for it! I put too much effort into it for it to go to waste. If you'd like a copy of the google sheet I have there as well, I can send you fresh copy.

Quote from: MiraMirror on June 21, 2019, 08:00:45 AM
Ooh, cute character.  I spy Au'Ra horns. ^^

It was really difficult to find a re-occuring character who I can find plenty of pictures of. (Who is also of age). And hey. I'm basically a dark knight. And I'm pumped for shadowbringers. So why not? :p

Yukina

Terian

This is a work in progress, has a good ways to go yet, but I'm posting up what I've got so far as a foundation.  As you can see so far, she's a smarty-pants regen-tank who tends to get in the thick of things with a bit more enthusiasm than most would.  Consequence of being a born masochist who enjoys getting beaten up even if she's too hoity-toity and intellectual to admit to it.

Backstory will be hard, on account of the amnesia, but I'll do my best.

[Floatright][/float]Maegara
Level 1 Bloodrager (Steelblood)/Investigator (Empiricist)
LG Female Tiefling (Kyton-blooded)
Racial Mods

Kyton-blood: +2 Charisma and Constitution, -2 Wisdom
Spell-like Ability replaced with Fiendish Heritage boosted alternate racial. Rolled 76, 10, 46  Taking 46: +2 Intelligence
Fiendish Resistance replaced with 'Scaled Skin' (Flavored as a light exoskeleton, resists Electricity)
Skilled replaced with Vestigial Wings

Attributes

Strength: 14 (+2)
Dexterity: 10
Constitution 16 (+3)
Intelligence 16 (+3)
Wisdom 8
Charisma 18 (+4)

Combat Stats

Base Attack Bonus: +1
Melee Attack: +3
Ranged Attack: +1
Hit Points: 18 (1d10 + (Level)(Con Bonus) + (Mythic Tier x5) )
Armor Class: 11 + Armor
Fortitude Save: +5
Reflex Save: +2
Will Save: +1

Skills

Skill Points Per Level: 9

Feats

Level One: Fiendish Heritage

Bloodrager Class Features

Investigator Class Features

Traits

Coherent Rage (Bluff)
One more?
Methodical Mind

Mythic Character Information

Mythic Rank: 1
Mythic Path: Guardian
Guardian's Call: Absorb Blow
Path Power: Fast Healing
Mythic Feats: Mythic Armor Proficiency: Heavy

Ryu Wojin

Quote from: Terian on June 16, 2019, 04:41:20 PM
Might be conflicting with dragon-girl though.

Are you still worried since I've changed my class to be a Warrior of Darknes... I mean oracle and inquistor?

soular

Hello all.  I apologise for my uncharacteristic absence from the thread for a bit, but a deeply personal matter came up last friday, prompting me to leave for family matters.  I should be back this coming Tuesday or Wednesday.  I hope to see everyone then.
Breath of the Wyrrd (Pathfinder, Gestalt, Female Party, Extreme) - Now Recruiting

Absences & Apologies

soular

Just letting everyone know that I'm back and ready to get going with this.  I've altered the OP post to reflect a few things that I've been thinking over, so that might be worth a look over again.  Any questions?  Feel free to lay them on!
Breath of the Wyrrd (Pathfinder, Gestalt, Female Party, Extreme) - Now Recruiting

Absences & Apologies

Ryu Wojin

Everything cool with ya man? I was a good bit worried and concerned for ya but figured to give ya some space. I also opted against asking questions earlier in fear of bombarding ya during a senstive time.

soular

It was a family thing, but everything is returning to normal now. :-)

Absences & Apologies

Ryu Wojin

Cool.

I've had a few questions during character creation.

1. Inquistor says that you can pick a domain instead of a diety when making an inquistor. For my dragon knight, I was thinking to have her domain be Scalykind. But the other question is, if you pick a domain, what happens to the weapon proficiency that an inquistor gets for their diety's favored weapon? My character was made with it assumed that I could pick a weapon for their concept. Thus did I pick a Great Sword.

2. In Mythic rules. Erraras have made this murky water. Archmages get Wild Arcana which lets them use a swift action and a mythic point to cast a spell on their spell list. Heriophants get a similar ability called Inspired Spell. But after erratas, they made it into a standard action instead of like the Archmage's swift action. The d20pfsrd site reccommends making them both require standard actions, but people on forums do tend to argue that the appeal is in the swift action usage. I'd fall into the later camp, personally. But it's become such murky water that GM clarification would be appreication.

3. I was considering to pick up Noble Scion feat for my chara. But that would require some backstory justification. Could be twisted just a bit. If my chara served or was championed by a Royal or High Dragon. Could just as easily be denied too.

4. In your world, what language would be the most apprrioate equilvent to Draconic?

soular

Quote from: Ryu Wojin on July 04, 2019, 06:30:10 AM1. Inquistor says that you can pick a domain instead of a diety when making an inquistor. For my dragon knight, I was thinking to have her domain be Scalykind. But the other question is, if you pick a domain, what happens to the weapon proficiency that an inquistor gets for their diety's favored weapon? My character was made with it assumed that I could pick a weapon for their concept. Thus did I pick a Great Sword.
Hmmm, I should have probably noted that all divine casters are required to have a patron deity, as opposed to simply having divine power purely as a matter of personal faith.  But that's just my personal preference to be honest, since I always see divine casters sacrificing something in return for power, otherwise they become too much like psychic casters who's pull I feel is having power from within.  Feel free to go ahead with the concept you've presented.

Quote from: Ryu Wojin on July 04, 2019, 06:30:10 AM2. In Mythic rules. Erraras have made this murky water. Archmages get Wild Arcana which lets them use a swift action and a mythic point to cast a spell on their spell list. Heriophants get a similar ability called Inspired Spell. But after erratas, they made it into a standard action instead of like the Archmage's swift action. The d20pfsrd site reccommends making them both require standard actions, but people on forums do tend to argue that the appeal is in the swift action usage. I'd fall into the later camp, personally. But it's become such murky water that GM clarification would be appreication.
My understanding of this was that the standard action was used to expend both the mythic point and cast the spell at the same time (thus still leaving the player with a swift action to use), especially since they state that the spell to be cast must have a casting time of one 'standard action'.

Quote from: Ryu Wojin on July 04, 2019, 06:30:10 AM3. I was considering to pick up Noble Scion feat for my chara. But that would require some backstory justification. Could be twisted just a bit. If my chara served or was championed by a Royal or High Dragon. Could just as easily be denied too.
I've adjusted the opening post regarding character histories, which now has complete amnesia instead of partial.  You can use the Noble Scion feat, though your character would now not really know about it.

Quote from: Ryu Wojin on July 04, 2019, 06:30:10 AM4. In your world, what language would be the most apprrioate equilvent to Draconic?
Draconic still exists as a language, so you can use that.

Absences & Apologies

Ryu Wojin

Kk. In regards to point 2. As it stands currently; An archmage spends a swift action and a mythic point. A heriophant spends a standard action and a mythic point.

Are you changing archmage to require a standard action for wild Arcana?

soular

I think you might as well, since, as it stands, the Wild Arcana will require the character to spend a swift action to expend the mythic point and then a standard action to cast the spell.

Absences & Apologies

Ryu Wojin

Oh. No. Thats not how thats stated at all.

"Wild Arcana (SU) : As a swift action, you can expend one use of mythic power to cast any one arcane spell without expending a prepared spell or spell slot. The spell must be on one of your arcane class spell lists and must be of a level that you can cast with that arcane spellcasting class."

So as it's written, you can double cast within your turn. A swift action with a mythic point, and a stand action with your normal spell repertoire. So you could double fireball for example. And btw, that's intended. Wrath of the righteous has sections where enemies' tactics include doing just that.

The problem I am bringing up, is that for whatever reason, they changed Inspired Spell to be a standard action instead of a swift. Even though it is literally the same as Wild Arcana, save for that it is for Divine Spells instead of Arcane Spells. People argue both ways, that they should be swift actions, or standard actions. But there is a concensus that they should be the same.

soular

Point taken.  Ok, let's work with the original take for Wild Arcana (as a swift action), and modify the Inspired Spell to be similar.

Absences & Apologies

Ryu Wojin

In the orginal text... Inspired spell didn't require an action :3.

Now that's broken right?

Anyways. Thanks for the firm Judgement.

Are we still level 1 to start? The new initial post doesn't say.

soular

Absences & Apologies

Ryu Wojin

Kewl. No changes needed for my character. Might do the noble scion for helping her initiative

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)