Non-adult Vodun style Roleplay request.

Started by A Mighty Lion, January 20, 2014, 03:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 08:57:55 PM
I like to portray my characters having the ability to go with the flow. Maybe a little water in her can calm his fiery temper. :D Let's go with Shango

Hehe it doesn't work like that. Think of Shango as a bad tempered man who cannot be calmed. I believe this is because he is the brother of Ogun, who is also a fiery hearted Orisha.

understand that I am not trying to dissuade you on anything, I am only filling you in on more information about the counterpart of your character.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 20, 2014, 09:10:55 PM
Hehe it doesn't work like that. Think of Shango as a bad tempered man who cannot be calmed. I believe this is because he is the brother of Ogun, who is also a fiery hearted Orisha.

understand that I am not trying to dissuade you on anything, I am only filling you in on more information about the counterpart of your character.
Perhaps she is able to stay calm and out of his way when he is in a bad mood?

Your not dissuading me. :D I appreciate you informing me on all this.
My On/Offs

Looking for roleplay partners with ideas. Any takers? Pm me.

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 09:13:15 PM

Shango is always in a bad mood for most times. There is a story that he was once a king in Africa who had supernatural powers. His reign ended by his own lightning when it struck his palace and burned it down.

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 09:13:15 PM

Think of like this:

If Aganju is their father, and he himself is Orisha of the Volcanoes, then his sons will have fiery hearts and tempers.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 20, 2014, 09:18:18 PM
Shango is always in a bad mood for most times. There is a story that he was once a king in Africa who had supernatural powers. His reign ended by his own lightning when it struck his palace and burned it down.

Haha So how would that work between her and him?
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 09:25:05 PM
Haha So how would that work between her and him?

She would be running ALOT heheh Shango is sometimes called a war spirit while Ogun handles politics. However, sometimes they are both recognized as war spirits, with Ogun being the warrior spirit and Shango being the war spirit. In other words, Ogun is the warrior while Shango is the War. Shango can be violent at times.

This sounds like a bad option, but, I like to offer many options to my roleplay partners. Of course then I inform them that certain options are dangerous. Of course this is not to make Shango sound like a vicious Orisha, it is just to say that he has a temper and can be violent at times.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 20, 2014, 09:29:12 PM
She would be running ALOT heheh Shango is sometimes called a war spirit while Ogun handles politics. However, sometimes they are both recognized as war spirits, with Ogun being the warrior spirit and Shango being the war spirit. In other words, Ogun is the warrior while Shango is the War. Shango can be violent at times.

This sounds like a bad option, but, I like to offer many options to my roleplay partners. Of course then I inform them that certain options are dangerous. Of course this is not to make Shango sound like a vicious Orisha, it is just to say that he has a temper and can be violent at times.
Hmm.. then maybe we should go with a one that would be easier to work with?
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 09:31:40 PM
Hmm.. then maybe we should go with a one that would be easier to work with?

Perhaps. If you like a challenge, I can use Shango. However, if you like somebody who is maybe fiery but can be easily communicate with, go for Ogun. Ogun has a fiery nature but he is not quite like Shango. He is often said to be an unruly leader, allowing alcohol to be drank even on the battlefield, but he always wins his battles.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 20, 2014, 09:35:04 PM
Perhaps. If you like a challenge, I can use Shango. However, if you like somebody who is maybe fiery but can be easily communicate with, go for Ogun. Ogun has a fiery nature but he is not quite like Shango. He is often said to be an unruly leader, allowing alcohol to be drank even on the battlefield, but he always wins his battles.

My characters sometimes have a feisty nature of their own although most of the time they are calm and collected. I can work with a challenge though. I don't know. You should pick. :)
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 09:38:40 PM
My characters sometimes have a feisty nature of their own although most of the time they are calm and collected. I can work with a challenge though. I don't know. You should pick. :)

I will go with either Aganju or Ogun. A Volcan Orisha or Warrior Orisha interests me at this moment. Ogun as a protector as well while Aganju aids with giving one the courage and spirituality to overcome barriers of all kind. An example is that, if you must go some place but you must cross a mountain, Aganju will give you the spiritual power and courage to cross that mountain.

Goddess of Night

My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 09:45:36 PM
I'll let you decide between the two. :D

Aganju is an essential Orisha, essential for growth. he is the foundation of the livelihood of the villages as the volcanic soil helps things to grow.

Ogun is the Orisha of politics, war, iron, black smiths, truth. he removes the obstacles out of your way, takes care of serious problems, protects your prosperity, guards you from harm. Ogun is the great warrior, the great general, who rules iron, metals, tools, weapons, machinery & a very masculine spirit.

I think for this time, I will use Ogun.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 20, 2014, 09:51:34 PM
Aganju is an essential Orisha, essential for growth. he is the foundation of the livelihood of the villages as the volcanic soil helps things to grow.

Ogun is the Orisha of politics, war, iron, black smiths, truth. he removes the obstacles out of your way, takes care of serious problems, protects your prosperity, guards you from harm. Ogun is the great warrior, the great general, who rules iron, metals, tools, weapons, machinery & a very masculine spirit.

I think for this time, I will use Ogun.
So its decided! What kind of girl do you have preferences to? How shall they meet?
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 09:59:52 PM
So its decided! What kind of girl do you have preferences to? How shall they meet?

Wait, I will go with Aganju. That sounds best.

For me, curvy women. I do not like stick women. I get nervous because I think I will break their backs with a hug. Curvy women at least have meat in the "right places", yes?

Goddess of Night

My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 10:06:53 PM
Curvy but not too curvy? Medium build?

By curvy, I don't mean fat or heavy or anything like that. I mean.......curvy.

Goddess of Night

Quote from: A Mighty Lion on January 20, 2014, 10:09:26 PM
By curvy, I don't mean fat or heavy or anything like that. I mean.......curvy.
Haha Okay I'll find a picture of what my body type would be.
My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 10:14:46 PM
Haha Okay I'll find a picture of what my body type would be.

That may help. I am bad at explaining some things hehe

A Mighty Lion

Final decision, I will use Ogun. I am very interested in using this Ogun model because of the clothing and looks. It's much how I picture him.

Goddess of Night

My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Goddess of Night

My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Goddess of Night

My On/Offs

A Mighty Lion

Quote from: MistressEvelyn on January 20, 2014, 10:32:53 PM
This:

or this:

The first one is about what I am looking for. Of course she can be whatever race you choose her to be.

This is what my Aganju will sound like. Go only to the part where the pirate speaks to the man called Anto at 0:44 in the video timing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rJUpUb0QF0