An eye for pictures? Magicians?

Started by Xenphir, December 14, 2013, 06:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenphir

To be honest, I'm not good at finding these artistically awesome pictures that I find all around E. I have a bit of a... liking? Of artistic pictures of people, cameras at the right angle, special effects added in to make it beautiful, and the emotion of them adding the cherry on top. Where do people find such good pictures? Just randomly? Also, what's with the magicians lately? Not just on E but on other sites I've been seeing lots of people with Display pictures of magicians, male or female, happy or dark. Maybe I'm just noticing those more than others.

What do you think makes a good display picture? Let's discuss the random topic of display pictures! :D

Nadir

I tend to browse image sites quite frequently. DeviantArt, or tumblr, had quite a huge feed when google still had their feedreader. When I see an image that speaks to me, I save it, and then when I need a new avatar I take my pick.

I've not noticed a trend in magicians, so I have nothing to add there.

To me, a good display image reminds me of the person who uses it. There are a few people here on E who change avatars every few weeks, but I know who it is before I read the name because their image feels like them. It doesn't have to be the use of colours or subject, it's the spirit of the image itself.

Xenphir

Ohhh good point. I've noticed one of my partners all the time because her pictures are almost always a woman wearing red Victorian style outfits. :3 I think over time certain people are drawn to certain images, and that is how they get their own known style. :3

Thanks for that opinion :o

Null

The image you put on your profile is the only people have a visual reference to, so you gradually become like that picture and people sometimes recognize you. The picture embodies your version of a great profile picture, so often times the picture has an essence of personality in it. Ah, I rambling. Just what I think ^_^
I was younger then, I wasn't afraid of anything, I didn't think about dying for a second. I thought I was invincible. Then I met her. Before me, my world shattered. I wanted to live, I started to think like that; for the first time I was afraid of death. I had never felt like that before.

Xenphir

True true. When I picture my partner I tend to think of their display picture xD It's not rambling, it's sort of true. It's the same for MMO's or other games where you can make yourself a character. If you were to make an elf, people think of you as an elf. If your character is blonde, they will imagine you blonde :o Generally. :p