friendship mentoring

Started by mioyumyum, January 06, 2018, 03:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mioyumyum

Is there a possibility there is mentors available who can double up as friends?

I have plenty of RP experience; but looking for a friend to talk to about well, anything. And have RPing on the side. Perhaps Mentors don't provide that, but maybe they can help me find someone who would enjoy that? - Peter Teo

Ariel

We don’t require that from our mentors because they’re volunteers with a lot of responsibilities and we don’t want to add more to their plate. You can message any mentor if you want to and say hello and chat, but please don’t be upset if they don’t engage as often as you want them to. :-)

In regards to finding friends, you are definitely encouraged to check out the Shoutbox! Lots of people chat in there and if you come by often enough, you’ll find people you enjoy talking to and want to talk to more, so you could always PM them and see how they’re doing and such. :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Oniya

Also, if you surf around the general conversation boards - On Topic, Off Topic, and Elliquiy U are good for casual chatting - you're more likely to find people that share particular, non-RP interests. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

SithLordOfSnark

I love talking to people outside of my duties, so I don't mind, just keep in mind that I do have other priorities, so I sometimes fall behind on answering my PMs.
Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

Serephino

Friendship is not something you can really force.  I have made a few friends on here in the Shout Box, and by talking to my rp partners. 

mioyumyum

Thank you everybody for your kind words. It's true, you can't force friendships. I've been trying to force them all my life it seems.

Thank you for your words of wisdom.