News:

Main Menu

Favorite webcomics?

Started by thebobmaster, November 03, 2009, 09:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebobmaster

For those of you that read webcomics, what are your favorite? I read quite a few webcomics, so it would be interesting to know of any out there people like that I may not read or even be aware of. As for me (in no particular order):

1. El Goonish Shive: It's basically a transformation comic, but at the same time, it has a deep story, well-developed characters, and is just well-written overall. My only issue with it really is the random update times.

2. XKCD: This one has no real storylines, for the most part, but it has a sense of humor that is quite a bit more well-developed and sophisticated than most webcomics. Or stand-up comics, for that matter.

3. Dr. McNinja: This one has several storylines. But what makes it good is just how utterly insane and awesome the thing is. I mean, the main character is (duh) a doctor and a ninja, and a huge fan of Batman. His allies are a 12 year old gunslinger and Ben Franklin's clone. Yeah, this comic runs on WTFery, and I love it for that.

4. Order of the Stick: This is very much a nerd's comic. Tons of D&D inside jokes, some fairly well developed characters, and an interesting storyline all make for an interesting read. Also, it makes stick figures awesome.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Callie Del Noire

1. EGS of course!
2. Genius Girl: Gots ta have mah steampunk! (Buck Godot was good but it's over..pout)
3. Exiern is funny
4. Sabrina Online (a monthly comic.. the artist started my furry interests with Amy the Squirrel)
5. PS 238 (Kids.. with superpowers.. in middle school)
6. Looking for Group (interseting)
7. GU Comics.. for my gamer humor (along with Penny Arcade and PVP Online)

those are regulars and I see a few others occasionally.

jamiehavingfun

Wow, okay, I just wanted to say thank you because I hadn't looked at web comics before, and because of your comments, I decided to go look at EGS, and I am completely blown away.

However, when I lose my job, or when I am pulling out my hair waiting for the next installment, I may not be thanking you quite so profusely.

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

HairyHeretic

I think there's one or two other favourite webcomics threads have come up before. You might want to have a look for those if you're looking for new reading material.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Morven

I read:

Gunnerkrigg Court
Girl Genius
Kukuburi

and I think that's it of my regulars.
NaNo word count: 50,180 (done with NaNo, but not with the story ...)
Ons & Offs (generalities and explanations) | New Ons & Offs (checklist) | Apologies & Absences

Baleron87

EGS
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Penny Arcade

I used to have a lot more, but those are the ones I follow most frequently.

Jeramiahh

Linking the old thread, where I had a good writeup for my favorites, though, sadly, some of the ones I linked have died, since then. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=12748.0

Adding new ones to the list: Erfworld, originally debuted on the same site as Order of the Stick, it follows the adventures of a rather large nerd from Earth, transported to a fictional wargaming world, that runs by turn-based wargame rules, and taking what looks like a simple, silly world, and exploring morality and philosophy. While cracking some really, really lame puns. http://www.erfworld.com/

Darths and Droids (http://www.darthsanddroids.net/) Sequel to a similar webcomic, DM of the Rings, this comic takes scenes from the Star Wars movies, starting with Episode 1, and presumably planning to go through to Episode 6, and redubbing it with dialogue as if it were a gaming session, in a world where Star Wars never existed.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Will

Darths and Droids and DM of the Rings were actually done by different people, they're not related.

The only webcomics I really keep up with are Darths and Droids and Looking For Group.  Hello Cthulu was hilarious, but last I checked, it had died hard.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac