News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Gen Con Indy Volunteer Opportunity

Started by NightBird, April 11, 2008, 01:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightBird

As I mentioned in the thread about various and sundry sorts of geekery, I'm involved with painting gaming miniatures, and one of the venues where I teach is Gen Con Indy. The organizers of the painting events have requested a call for volunteers. From swag to a free badge, all the way up to a share of a room are available, depending on the investment in time that someone is willing to make. No experience is necessary. If you can fill a cup with water or read somebody's name from the sign-up sheet, you're qualified.

If anyone is interested, please PM me with your name and an email address where I can have one of the organizers contact you. If you have any questions, you can PM those as well or respond here, whichever you'd rather.

It's a great group of people and a lot of fun!

SerpentKiss

NightBird

It's August 14-17 in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Here's the website:  http://www.gencon.com/2008/indy/

Kazyth

I'm about 2 hours-ish away from Indy, so I may have to keep this in mind.  Been a geek in IN for years now, and I've never been to GenCon.  Could be time to remedy that.  Hrm...
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

HairyHeretic

It'd be a bit of a trip for me ... besides, I've been staffing here for the last 5 or 6 years .. gonna take a break and just play for a while.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Hunter

I've got my fingers crossed that I can actually afford to go this year.

I have strong doubts about Origins (durn money situation).

NightBird

Origins is up to five days as of this year. It officially starts on Wednesday (June 25th) and runs through that Sunday. I haven't heard from the chief cook and bottle-washer for that one, yet, so I don't know how we are on staffing it. One of the nice things about volunteering for GAMA at Origins is that the longer you do it, the more perks you get, but even a free badge is pretty cool.

The Gen Con experience, though, is in a class by itself. It's freaking huge. Origins tends to be more laid back, all in all, and Gen Con more full throttle.