Skrubs of Eorzea [Working Title; Interest Check?]

Started by Divine Tenacity, June 10, 2017, 09:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divine Tenacity

SKRUBS OF EORZEA
A Final Fantasy Tale

"Hear. Think. Feel."

Warmth... warmth surrounds you, encapsulating you in a wreath of brilliance that obscured all but the  alien, urgent emotions roiling through you. A soft sigh escaped from formless lips as you tried to fold in upon yourself to block out the radiance that flashed even beneath your eyelids. 

"...think... feel..."

Thinking... your formless self thought of everything and nothing. Images flash before you, images of a crystal that was larger than life and everything itself.

"...feel..."

You feel... you feel Her warmth, Her love. You feel Her ever abundant joy for Her child.

Yet...

You also felt a pang of regret from the crystal-- for what the Mother Crystal was about to do. Sorrow could not diminish the joy, only temper... deepen. She felt regret for what she was about to do, but she would never doubt you for a second. The Mother Crystal was proud of you-- Proud of Her Warriors of Light.

"Awaken. Make my Light shine over Eorzea once more."

Hello hello and welcome to!!

Divine Tenacity here to bring you yet another installment of a game that could succeed very well in RP form. For those of you who know (and those who don't) you know that I absolutely Love my fandom rps! I figured after playing this game for several years and having moderate success with rp there I would actually give it a try in earnest. All I ask is that you sit back, relax, and decide if you would like to build this world (and your characters for those of you that play!) In this fantastic, lore-heavy setting.

Admittedly, this group rp may require some extensive knowledge and know how of the game and story itself, but newcomers do not need to be discouraged! As an avid slave fan of the series, I do not mind sharing what I know in order to help make your experience less difficult.

So far all this thread is is an interest check. I am admittedly seeking a Full Party (8 players), which possible expansion for more once we get established! If interested in playing or have any questions, please feel free to drop a message here or in my Inbox and I will promptly respond (work-permitting, even though I can toss in prompt replies from there as well). I am looking forward to hearing from you all!

"Their hearts are filled with hope. And their eyes turned Heavensward..."

Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

MiaKage

Hello~! I am intersted! Loved playing FFXIV, though my knowledge on the lore is a bit spotty  :-\
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"
The scorpion replies: "But, little frog, I can swim."

Wispyr

-Rolls in- Basically willing to look at anything Final Fantasy... I shall keep my eye on things!

Divine Tenacity

W-Well then!

Because of tentative interest, I will start working on a more extensive retelling of this instant classic tale based [loosely] upon the Fabula Nova Crystallis series of Final Fantasy!

Hopefully it will be up by week's end! with Wednesday as a loose deadline!

TheHangedOne

I haven't played an FF since 10 (and Dissidia, technically), so I think I'm fairly out of the loop... but as long as I can play an OC, and you can help me with making things lore appropriate, I think that this could be fun. Especially if it's involving Crystals like some of the older games.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Divine Tenacity

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 11, 2017, 08:43:13 PM
I haven't played an FF since 10 (and Dissidia, technically), so I think I'm fairly out of the loop... but as long as I can play an OC, and you can help me with making things lore appropriate, I think that this could be fun. Especially if it's involving Crystals like some of the older games.

That is the great thing about this thread. Everyone can either choose to play a canon character or go completely OC! Of course it will involve crystals and its counterpart and everything else in between! I have no issues with helping you out in the process of character creation so we are all fine and dandy there!

Working a bit harder now to begin building this rp. I am thinking I will have something tentative up by Tuesday evening the latest, at least what races and classes that are available for us to play.

Hexed

Are you planning free-form or some sort of system?

Haven't hit heavens word yet do to all the filler quests but 14 has a pretty interesting story to use.

Intimate Ink

Ace Flyer

I think I might be able to dust off one of my...

*checks Balmung server*

...Eight FF14 characters for this game. And with Stormblood about to come out, no better time to get an FF14 game started! Count me in.

Divine Tenacity

Im thinking about keeping it freeform. When I get home from work today I will finish up this little skeleton I started last night.

Tokyorose627

I love FFXIV! Can't wait for Stormblood, and this could be something to enjoy in the meantime!

Count me in!

Divine Tenacity

Whoo hoo! Even more people, gosh you making a girl feel real special!

Instead of the skeleton I guess I will toss up an ooc thread with all the pertinent information needed in order to start character building.

Thinking about where to start the rp from time-wise. Should we start with the events of A Realm Reborn or from another period in time?

Divine Tenacity

To tack on to that, not sure which board I should place this thread in. While I know the game itself is light-hearted in nature, some of us do enjoy exploring some darker themes.

That being said, any suggestions?

Divine Tenacity

OOC IS UP! Obviously I am still working on it, but for now feel free to browse!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=269155.0

Also for very obvious reasons, the Lalafell race will NOT be playable.

apygoos

whoawhooa wait a sec
Sinon Zahra of the Velvet Rose oBalmung is here~