Run Wolfram and Heart: Supernatural law firm.(Buffyverse roleplay LGBT friendly)

Started by vatovie, April 27, 2015, 12:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vatovie

My idea for this is that everyone is just part of a branch of Wolfram & Heart. This branch isn't specifically evil or good, they do a bit of both and are willing to hire most everyone and everything. I would either run the head of this branch or their head of research. The goal is to do well on missions and be a successful branch. Don't piss of the senior partners. Don't destroy the world. Simple as that but a lot of fun with the challenges that come with running a firm like this one.

If you know nothing about Buffy the vampire slayer or Angel then all I can easily explain is the basics. Demons and all other kinds of mythology are real. It's possible for vampire to get souls and be good guys. There is one Slayer. This is a girl who has super strength and reflexes and who heals quicker than normal who is the main tool of the good guys for fighting demons and saving the world. You kill the Slayer a new one is chosen from girls who are potential slayers and she wakes up the powers. There is a group of good guys who like to control the slayer to use her as a tool. These people are called Watchers and they also train the Slayer. If you want to know more look it up or watch the show.

My plan for lore is a bit of alternate history.  Buffy died in LA recently in a fire, Angel died a long time ago. This means no cannon characters and it gives a fresh start to the game. Hell someone might even play the slayer. The only event that would stay is the master trying to free himself but the firm would be involved with that. I'll get character sheets up once some people say they are interested.

Character sheet

Name:
Race: (Demon, Human, Fairy, Assorted monster)
Position at the company:
Weight:
Appearance: (Try to be detailed for demons as most of them won't use an image.)

Skills/Abilities: (Be they magic, demon strength or deals with a higher or lower powers list them. Not everything will be approved and reality altering magics need a condition like someone else wishing it for revenge. Be creative though and as long as you aren't godly levels of powerful you'll fit right in.)

Goals: (Your character has to be striving for something and it probably isn't just to help the company.)

Personality: (Near the end because it's shaped by a lot of things. Be as detailed as you want to be, this is more for the other players to look at then it is for me.)

History: (History may make the man but in the case of characters it tends to be your last thought. Make it longer than a paragraph and mostly reasonable within the world and it should be fine.)

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Position at the company:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Skills/Abilities:[/b]

[b]Goals:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

Spiral

This looks like fun, if you are looking for people still
It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can be made any longer without taking into account not only the world as it is, but the world as it will be.

Isaac Asimov

vatovie

Spiral

It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can be made any longer without taking into account not only the world as it is, but the world as it will be.

Isaac Asimov

vatovie

Cool I'll get a character sheet template up later tonight. :)

vatovie

there is a character sheet. Up a bit later than I said and quite short. But it has everything it needs for people to make any character they might want. :)

vatovie

Giving this a bump because I'm seeing a lot of paranormal stuff in here lately.

vatovie

Yeah there is a lot of potential in evil magic lawyers. The first big client is gonna be the master by the way. In his fun little town of Sunnydale. He is gonna need some help keeping big players out of his business soon. Or pulling the good guys in. Depends on what all the character choose to do. :)

Kadigan

Interested, as long as there's enough people to get it going. I had an idea of sorts for an HR/Recruitment rep.

vatovie

I would post that idea as a sheet if you can. I've found group games can live or die based on if those interested are interested enough to make a full character sheet.

Cthonig

Quote from: vatovie on April 27, 2015, 12:02:27 AM
My idea for this is that everyone is just part of a branch of Wolfram & Heart Hart.
My plan for lore is a bit of alternate history.  Buffy died in LA recently in a fire, Angel died a long time ago. This means no cannon characters and it gives a fresh start to the game. Hell someone might even play the slayer. The only event that would stay is the master trying to free himself but the firm would be involved with that. I'll get character sheets up once some people say they are interested.

Several questions:
Since you mention the Master and he would have freed himself without Buffy's interference, that implies you are setting this during what would have been the 1st year of Buffy - is that when the role play is set?
A main location of Wolfram & Hart was in LA where Angel was in charge for a while in the canon storyline. Since this is a branch where will it be located?

Note: the name of the firm comes from 3 animals: a wolf, a ram and a hart (a male deer). This was revealed when they ended up on Lorne's home world - the primitive demon world (or whatever you'd want to call the place).

vatovie

Yes this would be the first season of Buffy timeline wise.  Also yes it's the LA branch.  But Buffy and Angel will not be used.  I want this plot to follow it's own path not fall back into either of the shows.  That way there is more freedom for plot and it allows people who don't know the show to still play.

Julles

I'm interested. I might already have a character I can recycle for this. She didn't really get played enough for my liking. She's a secretive, elusive, sassy and exceptional werewolf lawyer. If that's allowed, than I'd say I'm in. :D

vatovie

I'd say that's allowed. They have a place to put her during the full moon.  Also because she's a werewolf she can't have sold her soul for legal skills. Which has its pros and cons.

Julles

Yeah, she has a complicated history that'll kind of explain why she is so good at her job. Yay!! Exciting!!

Kadigan

Thought I'd throw this up here, hope this game keeps getting legs.

Name: Deana Prumble
Race: Half Dragon/Half Human
Position at the company: HR Rep (Field Assesment/Recruitment a Specialty)
Height: 5’3”
Weight: 126
Appearance: Standing 5’6, Dana, for the most part, looks very human. She has blonde hair, and besides from strangely red eyes, can pass for a human without much problem. She has a pair of wings, small as they are, that can be tucked against her back and while a bit uncomfortable, fitting beneath most clothes. Currently they’re not strong enough to do more then flap. A few patches of her skin, thankfully easily covered, have scales on them

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Skills/Abilities: Her biology allow her to breath dragonfire, radiate smaller amounts of heat from her body (most notably hands). A side effect is an immunity to fire herself. Physically, she is as strong currently as a fit man in his prime, though has been told with time she may grow stronger. She also posses the ability to “smell” magic to a degree, giving her a bit of ability to track. Her aging is also slowing down, in a few years she will only age one year for every 50 that pass. Her wings are still in the nascent stage, and may take years, if not decades to develop.

Goals: To vex her father, and use her new resources to find his true purposes for her.

Personality: A big flighty, silly at times, as it served mainly to annoy her father and his attempts to take her duties seriously. She knows when to be quiet however, and attempt to do things with at least a modicum of respect.

History: The idea that Dragons were purely a thing of Asia, or medieval European castles is a flight of fancy. And some, are by leaps and bounds, more cagey and intelligent then others.  Why shouldn’t these massive engines of destruction settle wherever they pleased? Caelboth was one such creature, and made his claims in what would eventually be known as Australia.  Decades, Centuries, Eons passed and the land soon became settled. During those same times, the dragon grew in strength and despair as its species number dwindled. Humans were vastly becoming the dominant tribe upon the planet, and soon else would fade into myth and legend.

But one did not become the last survivor of a dying race because they could not adapt, and so Caelboth set about ensuring some small part of him would survive. Through means both physical and magical, he sent out dozens of seedlings, each implanting itself in a human. One such would grow into Dana. She was born to teenager Victoria Prumble, who would have had an easier time convincing her parents that the King of America had impregnated her then a floaty, glowy orb.

At the age of 18, when she’d had enough of the drinking, the smoking, the endless parade of “step dads” who were more interested in her at times, she finally left home only to almost immediately be found by Daddy Dearest. The next 5 years was spent learning her true heritage, as her body began to change and express more of his heritage in her then her mother’s. But of course, like any proper daughter given a great responsibility and powers, she rebelled. Though his motives and true purposes for her are inscrutable to a human mind at this point, she left and began wandering the world. Her father, though mad, of course cared for all his children in ways and set up numerous accounts through various vassals for her to be well taken care of. Time and tantrums are nothing to one who measures a lifetime in Epochs. And for now, she serves his purposes even when she doesn’t know it.

She wandered a bit, attended a few college classes that seemed interesting, and proved more intelligent then she herself even realized. She soon found herself “head hunted” by a corporation, and to her surprise found she was just as good at helping them to recruit others.

vatovie

Awesome. I hope so too. Also she is accepted. Feel free to even say her skin makes her slightly more durable than a normal human.

Senti

How is either a fae or a werewolf, or even a coyote or raven,  interested. :)

vatovie

Julles

I'm still interested in playing my werewolf lawyer. I am just waiting for more interest before I morph her old CS for this one. :D

Senti

I have some thoughts but will offer them up in the appropriate manner.
The Coyote shifter is like a werewolf but is not so grumpy :)

vatovie

Ohh. In Buffy lore shifting is a full on magical power. So someone cold easily focus on that kind of magic and only change into animals.

So, magic person is the way to go to get shifters.

Also that's fine and reasonable Julles. :)

Senti

I do have another idea as we have one shifter. Techno Wizard? that is rubbish socially. Though she could be human just very bright and techno wise brilliant? Unlike me.

vatovie

We don't have a shifter. Werewolves are this whole other part human part wild animal demon beast thing.  Shifters have full control and become real animals.  Werewolves have no control without immense training and only turn into the one thing.

But a person very good with technology is a fine idea.  Although they might want to have more than just that.  Sure they have a lot of money at their disposal to do things but this is a world of mostly magic and this group is known for mixing magic and tech.  So it would be good for them to have some magical knowledge too that grows in time to match their technical know how.  Just a thought.