For The Crown [New Positions Open =D]

Started by LimitlessNikkie, June 19, 2011, 05:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordsman18

I would be interested in joining and am still working on a character concept.

Jason

Cancel my character please. I'm a little busy.

Montagne

Hey, I'd love to play as a Theiri, a male nobleman who is the "First sword" (a sort of city champion, common in Greek societies of ancient times, up to the medievel era, anyone who has seen/read game of thrones think Sirrio Forel) , and now runs many of the pleasure houses and trading caravans (whats left) and is essentially in charge of dealing with the countries finances. Full post to be made ASAP

Im also willing to make a King of Theiri, assuming there is no other interest, but the noble would be my first choice

Montagne

The Basics       
Name: Lorenso Florencia
Sex: male
Role: First sword of Theiri, Noble
Player:Red Doctor

The Look
Height: 5’8”
Weight:180 pounds
Hair:dirty blonde tumbling curls, to the neck
Eyes:Light Brown
Skin: Lightly Tanned
Anything else: A rugged, chiselled jaw line, a neatly shaved beard, muscular frame, left handed

The story
Likes: Art, Music, Sailing, fencing, Dance, Beauty, Stars, Science & Women much too young for him
Dislikes:Disrespect, Savages, People who threaten/hurt the weak or defenceless

Personality: Very loyal to his friends, particularly the old King Theiri. Always loud, and slightly flamboyant with his speech, he quickly makes an impression on everyone he meets, usually good. He has a great love for all forms of art, from dance to music, song, sculpture and painting, and represents a more refined edge to the Theiri military. Recently engaged on the front lines pushing back the Aserit, his unconventional tactics, along with the help of the ghosts helping him stay one step ahead of the game. He has returned on news of the peace treaty to act as a guard for the royal family, far better at carrying himself in court than most.  He has always had a love for women, never married, he feels that his passion should not be tied by titles. However most of the ladies he currently has his eyes on are around 30 years his junior, not that it bothers him.

Skills: Sword Master, Artist, Musician, tactician, trader, courtesan and public speaker

History: Born to a rather rich, if unremarkable, lord of one the Theiri’s major trade guilds, Lorenso grew up learning the various tools of the civilised lords, the arts, sciences, maths and trade skills necessary to take other his Fathers business. But he yearned for adventure, and when he was young, joined the previous kings army, given a low command position on account of his father’s position within the nobility.

With little knowledge of the sword, he used the skills he had been taught, the dance. Picking up a light rapier, and entering the field without armour, he spun around the clunky enemy men, stabbing and slashing, ducking and weaving, soon turning his battle stance into an artful display of thrusts and parries. It was during his early days as a soldier, during some great sweeping melee on the fields of Theiri that Lorenso crossed the current King, only a fledgling prince of the time. As the battle turned against him, the Princes guards cut down Lorenso helped defend and push back the savage oponents, saving the Princes life countless times with parries and pushes to move him away from the enemies steel.

That night after the battle they drank and laughed together, and Lorenso and his few surviving men became part of the Princes honour guard, and from that moment onwards Lorenso has always been at his side. He was there on the trip to Highgarden to meet the princes wife, throughout his reign, and the unending war and peace with the Aserit people.

When he turned 30, he challenged the then current First Sword of Theiri to single combat, and forced him to yeild. With this he became the First Sword of Theiri, the champion of the nation. He can be challenged at any time for the title, as he is occasionally, by brave youths looking for glory, with more guts than sense. He fights them with a blunt sword, perfectly balanced, and turns their blades asides, knocking them to the floor, making every attempt to spare their lives, but occasionally, they will never yield.

(as a note, this isn't yet the finished character description, just as I want to make a few changes, mostly just changing stuff like "The king" and "The prince" to the characters actual name when we get a player)

LimitlessNikkie

Avella, octopusdreams and Red Docter your profiles are approved and added to the character thread.

Snake I would loved to see your finished profile from you.

RedEve thats a great idea I'd love to see a profile if your still interested.

peterhere, The king role is a very large one. I'd like to see a bit more history before approving it.

kasper

Hey Nikkie, I was wondering instead of Theiri children you wanted the twins to be cousins to the Theiri children?

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

peterhere

The meaning of life, is to grant life meaning.
My ideas: elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133385.msg5936486#msg5936486

Snake

I did fix it. I just updated it in the form of an edit.

LimitlessNikkie

@ octopusdreams: either is fine with me whatever you would prefure.

@ peterhere: Thank you and welcome to Theiri!

@ snake: Sorry for the confusion it still said w.i.p. Your approved welcome to Aserit.

Because of growing interest I'm opening up roles for the Gypsies! Roles and details will be added to the opening post for all those interested.

rancorius

kasper

Snake

Thanks you. :3 but can I get a PM'ed link to the OOC? I'm having a helluva time finding it.

LimitlessNikkie

@ reancorius yes of course!!!

@ octopusdreams ok sounds good I'll correct the character thread.

@ snake the OOC link is in the first post but I'll pm it to you later when I'm not on my phone.

kasper

The Basics

Name: Morgana Effinger
Sex: Female
Orientation: Bisexual
Role: Ever loyal hand maiden to Naomi.
Played By: octopusdreams

The Look

Height: 5'7" (Though gains a few inches with her heeled boots.)
Weight: 130 lbs
Hair: Black as a raven's wing.
Eyes: Venomous green.
Skin: Pale white.
Anything else: Tattoos on shoulders and upper back.

The Story

Likes: Naomi, cleanliness, order, calm animals, reading, learning, rain, spiders, great bodies of water, watching training/battles/arena matches, art, passion.

Dislikes: Meat, messiness, hot heat, indecisiveness, Naomi's parents.

Personality: Morgana's beauty is captivating but she still has a somewhat aloof persona about her being. Ever loyal to her mistress Naomi, Morgana is always ready and willing to carry out any order Naomi has for her. She is ever observant and calculating, making her a handy asset in Naomi's arsenal. Despite seeming some what cold to those who are unfamiliar with her, she has been known to laugh and smile often, especially when in the presence of the little rascal Lenally. While she has a few good friends, her loyalty lays wholly with Naomi.

Habits: Morgana has a dreadful habit of staring off into space and some times nodding off, due to sleep having a hard time finding her on most nights.

Skills: While Morgana is trained to use a rapier, her talent lies in the mastery and vast knowledge of poisons. The woman can kill or disable within half a second if you're on her list. On top of that she has a rather sharp memory as well as sharp wits. She organizes and runs a network of spies to keep her Lady always in the know. She has an uncanny ability to accurately read others.

History: Morgana can't recall what it's like not to serve others, having served Naomi since she muttered her first words. She finds joy in assisting Naomi and takes her duty seriously. While she has always been counted as one of the most able of hand maidens, it wasn't until after the incident of Naomi's innocence being taking that she became very protective of Naomi, feeling that the tragedy was in part her fault. Deciding never to fail her mistress again, she has wholly given herself to serving and protecting Naomi, making it her sole duty.

Being raised in the castle and growing in the company of Naomi and her siblings, Morgana is quite familiar with all three of the other Aserit children. She has a strong admiration and respect for both the Aserit brothers, though is more comfortable around Omar since he was closest of the two to Naomi. She adores Lenally and sympathizes with the girl for having a rather strict mother. She dislikes both the Queen and King, though perhaps despising the Queen and only fearing the King.

Morgana is rather fond of sex, though maybe not as much as her mistress. In attempt to quench Naomi's sexual appetite, Morgana has often given her mistress herself out of loyalty and devotion and perhaps for personal gratification...

Swordsman18

The Basics

Name: Sir Adrian Harrison

Sex: Male

Orientation: Straight

Role: Asterit Knight

Played by: Swordsman18

The Look

Height: 6ft

Weight: 185lbs

Hair: Dirty Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Skin: White

The Story

Dislikes: Dishonor, Those who ignore or abandon their duty.

Personality: A dutiful person whose only real ambition is to gain recognition for his abilities to help others that he believes is innocent as well as protect the royal family in order to keep things into the best possible configuration since upheaval typically leads t the death of several innocents

Habits: Anything that allows him to be useful in his quest to be helpful to others such exercise, studying books and other things to keep him at 100 percent.

Skills: Sword fighting , Horseback riding, jousting, wearing armor, some battle strategy, and protection of the Royal Family

History:
He was an orphan at the beginning of his life trapped in an orphanage with boys that were quite shunned by society catching the eye of a nobleman who took him in as a page in his house. Adrian was well behaved and did his best to impress his head of household with his skills. Over time of course Adrian grew up to be invaluable to the noble and was thus allowed to take on the nobleman’s last name as payment for his good service.

He then began his time as a squire for the noble family doing guard duty, being trained in combat, horse riding, and all of other things that were going to be required for Knighthood. This had been his goal since he had first ever seen a knight and definitely wanted to join their ranks. But of course he was nothing but a lowly squire for the longest time since it required noble recognition in order to become a knight and join those with many years before him.

His chance came and he took it when there was an assassination attempt on the queen which he quelled with a blade to the chest of the attacker since he was the one that was the fastest to react as well as the only one to decide to fight an attacker with a poisoned blade. And for that he was knighted and became a guard at court since he was more than willing to give his life for the royal family. This is a duty that he works to fulfill with his full and utter ability.

LimitlessNikkie

Swordman thank you for your interest in this game but at this time we are not accepting applications for Aserit, as noted in the first post.

AngelicBlade

Erm, do you need another male? If so I'm interested and avalable, I can post atleast three times a day, and I have an, in my oppion, odd character for this roleplay. *shrugs* Anywho let me know if you need a male character.

LimitlessNikkie

Hello! we can always use another player. Currently roles are open for the gypsy camp and for the kingdom of Nydewia. All the information of the game can be found at our Wiki. If you have any question feel free to ask. I can't wait to see what you add to the game.

Rhaegar14

Definitely interested in playing a Nydewian, especially the King. Horse-hordes are awesome.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

LimitlessNikkie

Great!! I'd love to see a profile from you.

AngelicBlade

Hm, could I play a gypsy warrior/guard type thing? Because in their info it just says they're thieves and entertainers.

LimitlessNikkie

The gypsies are pretty free form so pretty much anything you come up with for them will be ok.

AngelicBlade

Well that's no fun :P, nah I'm just joking, I think I'll stick to your info and be a gypsy ranger/hunter aka an Archer, I will have a character sheet up soon :D

Rhaegar14

How high-fantasy is this game? Gonna edit in the profile skeleton and start working on it in a minute here.

The Basics
Name: King Haidar of the Rampage
Sex: Male
Orientation: Hetero
Role: King of Nydewia
Player: Rhaegar14

The Look
Height: 6'10"
Weight: 270 lbs.
Hair: Long, Unkempt, Black.
Eyes: Green.
Skin: Dark Tan.
Anything else: Black, tribal tattoos cover every inch of his body from the neck down. They are symbols of strength, power, and royalty, and Nydewian kings are typically decorated in this fashion. He is covered in thick, corded muscle.

The story
Likes: Any variety of fighting or riding, feasts, excessive drinking, music, partying, good company (subjective), good cheer, women of all sorts, raiding and pillaging, horses, well-crafted weapons, honor (though it doesn't always translate perfectly).
Dislikes: His responsibilities (particularly diplomacy), weaklings, cowards, men who have no honor, men who are not warriors, "civilized" living, dress codes.
Personality: Haidar is an interesting individual. On the surface, he is everything one would expect a Nydewian king to be; loud, crude, bloodthirsty, lecherous, and prone to over-indulgence. The personification of everything that Nydewia is and everything that the other nations expect from his people. But in spite of his culture and the way of life that he loves so, Haidar knows it cannot last. The legendary horselords were of an age past; his people must evolve or die at the hands of those who do. Theirs shall always be the ways of horse and warrior, but it cannot always be the way of the nomad, or they shall be conquered and left with no ways at all.

Despite how he loathes it, Haidar is a fair king to his people. While he is not always the one garrisoned in one of the three castles, he ensures that the individual there is a male noble and head of his household; someone with actual power, not a figurehead. In negotiations, he is shrewd and relentless; he will not accept inequitable terms.

Haidar's anger is strong and not easily quelled. Among his people, his rage is well-known and his battle-fury is legendary. It is said that when his fury is on him in full, he feels no pain and ignores wounds that would kill normal men. While these tales are exaggerated, they are based in truth.
Habits: Haidar is always dressed in full battle regalia; a leather tunic with bronze rings sewn into the chest, boiled leather bracers, white breeches, and boots of the same leather. While he usually carries all of his weapons on his person, he absolutely never goes anywhere without his trusty falchion; he has created problems in the past at diplomatic meetings when guards tried to confiscate it. He snores loudly.
Skills: Mastery of sword, bow, spear/trident, knife, and handaxe, battle-fury, expert horseman and breeder, throws amazing feasts. An amateur poet, oddly enough.
History: Haidar was born as the first son of the last Nydewian king, and was raised with the intent of following in his father's footsteps. His father was the well-known king who raised the three castles in Nydewia, and it was from his father that he learned that the nomadic lifestyle of their people could not last forever. When his father died of a weak heart, Haidar assumed the throne without a hitch at the age of twenty-one. He earned recognition in battle against the Aserits, but in the last few months has ordered skirmishes with the rival kingdom to cease upon pain of death. With the battles between Theiri and Aserit escalating, Haidar knows that the cultured people of Theiri will need Nydewia to have a chance of defeating Aserit militarily, so for now he is biding his time to see the terms they will offer him. He has yet to marry and has no legitimate heirs.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

LimitlessNikkie

It's not fantisy really. I mean it's a made up world but theres not really any magic or anything, the closest thing is the potions that come out of Coakin. For all intensive perposes this is realistic.