Murder on the Elliquiy Express (IC Thread) [Day 3]

Started by Kip, March 25, 2010, 08:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip

The Elliquiy Express was one of the world's most luxurious trains.  Each year, it offered an opportunity for people to travel the world in unsurpassed opulence with all their wants and needs taken care - even those that they weren't aware of.  People traveled from all over the world to enjoy the once in a lifetime experience the journey offered.

Aware of the demand, the owners could decide who they invited onboard and, as a result, only the lucky or obscenely rich were lucky enough to board the train each year.  With only four sleeping cars, berths were extremely limited - particularly given the spaciousness of each suite. 

You are one of the lucky few to board this journey.  You may not know it now but it will be one of the most unique trips you will ever experience.  Two (or more) of the passengers are pathological murderers picking off the innocent night by night.  Will you survive and even enjoy the trip?

This is a game loosely based on the mafia style of gaming but with unique twists.

Expressions of Interest can be posted in this thread

Day/Night Cycle
It will run on a day/night cycle with the following schedule :

Day

Each day (except for day one), the passengers will decide who amongst them will be forcefully disembarked at the station the train is stopping at that day. 
Will they remove the murderer, the innocent or even one of their protectors?

After the daily stop, passengers will decide which carriage (1, 2 or 3) they are sleeping in that night and will PM this decision to the GM. 
Only once all decisions have been made and are final will this information be released in a collated post and the night cycle will begin.

Night

Each night, the GM will randomly choose (through a dice roll) which murderer will be active (unless one has been disembarked) and advise them that they have to make a choice of person in their car to kill.
Once that decision has been made and other special roles taken into account, the GM will post the results and the next day cycle will commence. 

Players in the same carriage as the murderer will be informed after the murder victim has been decided and before the day cycle commences.

Special Roles

Passenger
Collectively vote to disembark one passenger each day.

Murderer (x3)
Chooses one passenger to murder each night - which murder occurs is randomly decided by the GM (dice roll).  The murderer may only choose to murder someone who is in the same carriage they are.

Security Guard
Passive.  Their presence will stop any murders happening in the same carriage.

Engineer
Passive.  Can be utterly trusted but is not immediately identifiable.  Passengers in the same carriage as the Engineer will notice a faint odour of coal and know that they are in the presence of one they can trust... they just won't know who it is.

Train Conductor
One time during the game, the Conductor may choose to be told which carriages held murderers the previous night.  They will not be told how many murderers were in each carriage - the result will appear like "Murderers were in Carriages 1 and 3". 

The Mad Passenger
The mad passenger is not that strong psychologically but is very strong physically.  Should someone attempt to murder them, their tenuous grasp on reality will be broken and they will fight back.  Should this happen, the murderer will instead be killed and the mad passenger, in their unhinged state, will take over the role of Murderer.  Until this happens (if it happens at all), the Mad Passenger is stable and 'good'.

Accomplice
Passive.  Should the accomplice be in the same carriage when the murderer tries to attack the security guard or mad passenger (only these two roles), the murderer will succeed.  The identity of the accomplice will not be revealed at this time.

Other Rules
Passengers should not discuss which carriage they are going into (either privately or publicly) until such information is revealed by the GM.
Roles should remain secret and not shared with other players as to do otherwise would spoil the strategy and fun that comes with the game.
All PM communication should be CC'd to Kip so that he can be entertained as well!

Expressions of Interest can be posted in this thread

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Kip

Current Player List

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Caeli
Cardwolf
Eden
Esoteric Myobi
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Ladysky - Passenger
Marguerite
Mitholmwen
Pixilicious - Murderer
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
ScorpioQueen
Sinera
Spell - Passenger
Trieste
Valerian

~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Kip

The Elliquiy Express chugged along the platform and, with a deep echoing blast of the horn and a final puff of smoke, settled gracefully in front of the lucky patrons waiting to board.  Before the doors opened, a voice echoed out across the platform speakers.  Suprisingly clear, the passengers looked around and smiled as they heard the beginning of their adventure.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome!  The Elliquiy Express will shortly begin boarding.  At that stage, please present your passport and ticket to our concierge, Kip, and he will see to your comfort and personalised introduction to your home for the next few weeks.  As it is soon becoming night, your luggage will be delivered directly to your suite and dinner and drinks will be provided in the dining car or your rooms as you choose.  Now, without further ado, please feel free to board the Elliquiy Express.  Welcome and we hope you enjoy the fantastic experience awaiting you."

Welcome everyone!

We are starting at the end of a day cycle where you are about to retire for the night.

To start the game, you have a choice to retire to Carriage A, B, C or D.  Please PM me which carriage you would prefer to stay in tonight, listing them in order of preference. In the pre-game PM, i listed an example of how this could be done.

While I collate this information, feel free to have a bit of fun in character while boarding the train and settling in.  Please be kind when controlling the NPC character of Kip, the concierge.  ;D

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Autumn52

Xandi boards the train amazed by the luxury offered. She does as she was instructed and heads to the dining and lounging car to meet everyone and wait for her carriage assignment. As she walked through she couldn't believe how beautifully it had been decorated and taken care of. She trailed her fingers along the supple materials.

Once she reached the car she was looking for she ordered a glass of water to start with. Looking around, she took her drink to a sofa and sat down trying not to look completely alone. Looking around the room seeing several interesting men who could prove to be interesting on this trip depending of wheather they were alone or with someone.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Imogen

Imogen sends a final wave to the friends and family seeing her off. The plume on her dainty little green hat bobs upon her dark hair and she smooths the lapels of her matching velvet coat, desiring avidly to fit in with the extravagant luxury of the Elliquiy Express.  She walks through the corridor and enters the lounging car, taking a seat by the window. Taking off her gloves, she packs her passport and ticket into her purse. "Isn't it wonderful?" She breathes in an amazement. "I've never been abroad before. This will be such an adventure!"
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Ryven

Ryven boards with his bag in hand, setting out on his journey to make his riches.  The carriage he stepped up into was lavish with every luxury that the locomotive afforded.  Shiny fixtures, soft carpeting, and many windows to look out into the passing world.   He presented his ticket and moved down the carriage interior to find his place where he set his bag down and tidied his suit.  "They said the Elliquiy Express was luxurious, but I had no idea it would be this grand."

Pixilicious

Pixilicious stepped onto the train, and looked around.  She placed her bags down on the seat next to her and looked around at all her fellow passengers in the dining area.  "Well this is a most splendid train, is it not?" she asked cheerily.  "It is most certainly a pleasure to meet those of you that I am not acquainted with, and it is nice to see some of you that I do know here again..."  She smiled at the approaching guard and presented her ticket.  When the man left, she took off her coat, draping it across her arm as she smoothed out the skirt of her black cocktail dress, waiting to hear where she would be assigned for the night.
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Nadir

Eden slinks on, a pair of goggles wedged in hir 'fro. She flops down and gets out a pipe - into which she pours a cup of tea. "This is simply marvellous! Our destination - I've clean forgot want it was. Timbuktu? Quala lumpa? Ooooh, Prague!" 

Marguerite

"I believe it is Spain but I do not recall. Either way, I plan to travel all over," Marguerite answered Eden's comment as she looked around. Traveling seemed the best course of action in exploring the countries and seeing where she wanted to settle. Already she had plans to open up a few shops in France, Denmark and Italy but perhaps the destination the train was going on would aid in another store opening. She placed her bags beside her, sitting herself next to the window to watch the passing trees and towns go by on the train.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Spell

Spell walks on the station, blinking at the grandness of the Elliquiy Express. He removed his earplugs from his ears, which was booming out a random heavy metal song. ''Well, where ever this gal will take us, at least the trip should be comfortable!''
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Remiel

Remiel arrives by limosine, his luggage carried by the driver.  Wearing a tailor-made suit and tie, he peers above the lenses of his dark sunglasses at the majesty of the Elliquiy express, and is, despite himself, impressed.  The passenger train seems even more luxurious than he was given to believe--it seems the company has spared no expense in the way of frills or passenger comforts.  Unbuttoning his coat, shrugging out of it, and folding it neatly over one arm, he explores the carriages until he spies a pretty lady sitting by a window.

Taking the seat opposite Imogen,  he flashes her a friendly smile.  "I wonder if we're going to Vienna," he says, by way of breaking the ice.  "I have business there.  Regardless, I'm in no hurry, and am quite looking forward to the trip.  How do you do? My name's Remiel."

Beguile's Mistress

The train comes to a halt in the station, blasting steam throughout.  Beguile steps back from the steam and milling passengers waiting until the crush clears before accepting the hand of the conductor and gracefully stepping up into the luxury train The Elliquiy Express.  Passing through the train on her way to the lounge car she approves of the decor and various appointments. 

Upon arriving at the lounge car she removes her coat and drapes it carefully over the back of an empty seat, accepts a glass of champagne from a passing waiter and smiles and nods to the various passengers who looked up at her entrance.  "An interesting group, I see," she says to herself with a satisfied smile as she seats herself, crossing one elegant silk-clad leg over the other.

Aiden

Aiden looked up from the head of a table as more passengers spread out within the dining and lounge cars, he smiled as he lowered his glass of champagne to give him a chance to straighten his black-pinstripe suit. Reaching into his pocket he checked the time on a his pocket watch, eager to depart so the travel and sight seeing could begin. Deciding it was best to stand and introduce himself he walked through the cart with a smile, greeting each person individually, a handshake for the gents and a polite bow to the ladies.

LadySky

One last wave toward her family and LadySky boarded the Elliquiy Express. She had been one of the few poor lucky fools in the world to receive a chance to take a trip on the Express and LadySky trembled as she climbed up the steps to begin her adventure. Dressed in plain home spun clothing, she stood apart as very different from the rest of the wealthy passengers. Holding her chin high LadySky accepted her champagne and roamed the lounge a bright smile curling her lips upward no matter how out of place she might feel. How she wished another of her family had been able to accompany her on this journey!

Eventually she settled at the bar, having finished her champagne she ordered a stronger drink, hoping the spirits would help her nerves to settle. She had spent her life cleaning most of these peoples homes, working as a maid, to now be mingling with them in such a setting as an equal? It was disconcerting. She studied them all, wincing inwardly at the beauty of all the ladies richly made clothing. She was proud of her own designs and impeccible work, her dream was to one day own her own boutique but when one could only afford cheap materials with which to sew one had to accept that even the loveliest of designs would look cheaply made. Turning away she sipped her drink, forcing her mind to blank and simply enjoy this once in a lifetime opportunity.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Valerian

Vel swept into the car after the others, a porter carrying two pieces of brand-new luggage in her wake.  She tipped him offhandedly as he went past to set her cases in her assigned sleeping car, doing her best to look nonchalant, even bored.  Her eyes flickered over the luxurious appointments of the car, and her nonchalance wavered a little.  Then a waiter offered her a glass, which she took, and her eyes widened as she realized it really was champagne -- a positively decadent thing at this hour of the day, and something she rarely had at any hour.

"They certainly do treat you right on this trip, don't they?" she remarked to no one in particular, blushing at her own foolishness.  Her clothes were nice, but as new as the luggage, and she seemed faintly awkward in them at a closer look.  "I've never seen anything like this before, I have to admit it."  She sipped her champagne slowly, ready to savor the glass.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Izu

The station was deafened by the roar of a shiny black motorbike, people turning to look at the bike and the man on it, stepping away as they didn't want to risk being run over. When the bike reached the Elliquiy Express the engine purred softly before it was silenced, the young man on top of it dismounting it. He looked around as he tossed the keys to some of the station's workers. "Happy birthday." He chuckled as he took the helmet off and put it down on the bike's seat as well. Dressed in a pair of tight black jeans, a tight top and a leather jacket on top, he looked like the spoiled heir of some business empire... which he was.

He got on the train and looked around as he passed by a few women and men, giving a grin and wink to a few of them before dropping down on one of the empty seats, yawning loudly. "God... I hope this will be interesting." He said arrogantly loud to have been saying it to himself.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Cardwolf

A red camero charged through the surrounding area and parked at the entrance of the station.  Cardwolf stepped out dressed in a red button up and khaki pants.  His face was curled into a friendly smile and he approached the train and turned in his ticket, before settling down in one of the seats.  He had made sure to lock his keys in the car before he got on the train.

"Hello there!"  He called out to Xandi as he sat beside her and ordered a draft beer.

Kip

The onboard concierge Kip wandered down the train, smiling politely and chatting to the guests.  Checking tickets and passports as he went, he also quietly talked to each about their suite allocations.  As he did so, a faint shudder could be felt through the floor of the carriages.  The platform seemed to start to slide by the windows and it was apparent that the journey had begun.

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Autumn52

Xandi happy to see CardWolf said, "Well hello my friend it looks like we will be taking this journey together. "

Xandi ordered a glass of soda while she enjoyed watching the other converse and she was excited that the train seemed to be making head way now.

"So where is our first destination? Do you Know?" she ask her companion Cardwolf.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Cardwolf

"Actually I have no idea, I'm just going along for the ride."  Cardwolf smiled and took the beer he ordered and drank it slowly, before setting it on the table that seperated him and Xandi.  "So, do you know anyone else here?  I don't see anyone that I've met before." 

Imogen

Imogen returns a bright smile. "It's good to meet you, Remiel. I'm Imogen from London." She turns from the window, giving him her full attention as she hears a magic word. "Vienna?" She exclaims. "Wouldn't that just be grand? I so hope you are right, I have always wanted to visit Schloss Schonbrunn. Ever since I saw Romy Schneider as Sissi! You are a lucky man, Remiel, if your business takes you to Vienna and I envy you already."

When Kip passes, she fumbles with her purse and at long length manages to find her tickets. She hands them over with a triumphant flourish and a beaming smile. A whispered reply is issued to his quiet spoken inquiry.

"Oh!" Her gaze flies back to the window when a gentle rocking motion alerts her to a change in the carriage. "We're off!" Shining eyes find Remiel. "It's my first trip, but I'm already loving it. Isn't it exciting? It's not like normal train travel at all. You know? When you travel from Crystal Palace to the City Centre and the train starts, it's nothing like this."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn Sativus

From her place standing in one of the aisles, socializing with some of the other guests, the slight jerk as the train start had startled Saffron. She sighed a bit after realizing what had happened, taking another sip of her champagne to calm her nerves. The last of her friends who had taken a train like this one had ended up being killed by some masked murderer. Though, she had high hopes that it would be a pleasant ride.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Kye

As the train set out Kyrsa sat down with a drink before dinner to socialize with the others who occupied the dining car.  The champagne bubbled on her tongue as she took in everything with wide eyes, her excitement quite evident.  "I've never been on a train before, this is quite exciting," she said to her companions with a slight laugh.

Cardwolf

Quote from: Kyrsa on March 26, 2010, 06:39:16 PM
As the train set out Kyrsa sat down with a drink before dinner to socialize with the others who occupied the dining car.  The champagne bubbled on her tongue as she took in everything with wide eyes, her excitement quite evident.  "I've never been on a train before, this is quite exciting," she said to her companions with a slight laugh.

"I haven't either,"  Cardwolf said to the other passenger and extended his hand.  "My name is cardwolf might I trouble you for yours?  He was polite and carried their air of a gentleman as he did so.  "Its not often a man finds himself with such good company."

Kye

Quote from: Cardwolf on March 26, 2010, 06:44:28 PM
"I haven't either,"  Cardwolf said to the other passenger and extended his hand.  "My name is cardwolf might I trouble you for yours?  He was polite and carried their air of a gentleman as he did so.  "Its not often a man finds himself with such good company."

With a smile shy she offers her hand in return.  "Of course, my name is Kyrsa, I assure you that the pleasure is all mine.  Would you like to join me?" she asks, indicating the empty seat opposite hers.  She shared pleasantries with cardwolf until the meal arrived, enjoying his company immensely.