News:

Main Menu

Who do YOU write like?

Started by RedRose, December 29, 2017, 11:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earlyworm

Apparently Vladimir Nabokov, famous for Lolita.

I was hoping for Irving!

Anithinum

Dan Brown.....didn't expect that, but very happy about it. great writer.
On~Off

Sign this and let's begin

TheSithChicken

Apparently I write like Harry Harrison. I have never read his writing so I don't really know what that says about me.

Outcast

Apparently most of my posts are like Anne Rice... but whenever I get more verbose I diverge into Leo Tolstoy or Daniel Defoe, and if I nerd out about sci-fi I'm Arthur C Clarke.

It would seem that my writing personality has serious identity issues. ;)
My Ons and Offs  My A/A (updated 10/4/24)

Nico

I write like
Agatha Christie

I adore her. <3 <3

CassieBear

After some different samples from different stories, I seem to stay around the range of Stephen King, Agatha Christie, Anne Rice, and Dan Brown.
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 0 of 4

Britwitch

Tried a few of my recent posts and every time I got either Anne Rice or Agatha Christie.

I'll take that. ;D

Current status : Selectively seeking new stories

Airindel

Tried various recent posts all from contemporary modern day settings  and had Anne Rice and James Joyce multiple times.
Lips that taste of tears, they say,
Are the best for kissing
~Dorothy Parker

Preferences

RedRose

Stephen King, Dan brown, Kurt Vonnegut (new one), Anne Rice
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

BehindYou

Arthur C. Clarke and Stephen King with a sprinkling of J. D. Salinger and Anne Rice thrown in

Dahling

Several samples pulled from a plethora of years and genre and still... Anne Rice.

I suppose I can live with it.

SinfulDreamWeaver

Depending on which sample I use (I only tested three), I got either Vonnegut, Salinger, or Rice. Interesting... and probably not inaccurate.
If you get the reference in my custom title, you get a virtual cookie.

My O/Os

RainyHigh

Using some of my recent posts here on E (I used 5 of them)... I got Cory Doctorow (got him three times, and I have no idea who he is), J.D. Salinger, and *whispers very quietly* Stephanie Meyer. :/
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Rosenrot

William Gibson, baby! Cyberpunk isn't my thing but I know people like him so I'll take it.

I also got Anne Rice on a smuttier post which is flattering, however, I do not see it. It's probably because vampire.

Forest Huntress

I write like

Vladimir Nabokov, Very interesting.

Fairehawke

Ooo Oscar Wilde! What a very kewl tool.

Nouhime

Stephen King! It is not what I expected, but I am happy with that.

Lovely Complex

Quote from: Nouhime on April 24, 2022, 01:59:18 PM
Stephen King! It is not what I expected, but I am happy with that.
I was expecting him either but now, I get Anna Rice. :D

Nouhime

Quote from: Lovely Complex on April 24, 2022, 02:06:08 PM
I was expecting him either but now, I get Anna Rice. :D

I love her so much, I would be very happy to get her. However I don't think there is a bad answer for me. Looking at what other people got as a result I'd be happy any of these writers.

Asfa

I submitted one of my older works and it turned out as Ray Bradbury  :D
I only knew him for Fahrenheit 451 but I never read his works, I am curious to see if there are actually any similarities.

Geraint

I stumbled across this yesterday, and remember taking it a long time ago, though I couldn't find my results.

But it did make me curious for a somewhat different reason.  I play a lot of characters, and I always wonder if I'm succeeding in giving them separate voices.  So I wasn't so interested in who I wrote like as I was about  as I was in how different they sounded.  So I picked ten of my most active characters to test and this is what I got.

2 Kurt Vonnegut
2 Leo Tolstoy
2 William Gibson (which was a surprise since I've not read any of his work)
1 Charles Dickens 
1 Mario Puzo
1 Anne Rice
1 David Foster Wallace (who I frankly had never heard of)

Yeah I was hoping for at least one Terry Pratchett, but I was definitely pleased by the spread

Forsaken

My first copy and paste of one of my role plays got David Foster Wallace, yeah I never heard of him either, so I pasted his blurb below. The second RP of mine I posted I got Mark Twain which I am quite happy with.

I did a Third copy and paste, this time a poem I wrote and got Stephanie Meyer. Cringes...

David Foster Wallace

David Foster Wallace (February 21, 1962 – September 12, 2008) was an award-winning American author of novels, essays, and short stories, and a professor at Pomona College in Claremont, California. He was widely known for his 1996 novel Infinite Jest. In 2005, Time magazine included the novel in its list of the 100 best English-language novels from 1923 to the present.

Los Angeles Times book editor David Ulin called Wallace "one of the most influential and innovative writers of the last 20 years". Wallace's unfinished novel, The Pale King, was published in 2011, and in 2012 was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize.

Nachtmahr

4 x Anne Rice and a single James Joyce.

While I'm flattered, seeing as I'm a big fan of Rice's work, I wouldn't compare myself to her. Not that I had a lot of faith in the site to begin with, seeing as a lot of people with - in my opinion - wildly different writing styles, have gotten similar results. :P It's a fun idea, though.
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Datawych

Apparently my submissive characters read like Anne Rice, my dominant ones like Isaac Asimov.

O_o

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Datawych on June 01, 2022, 08:26:08 PM
Apparently my submissive characters read like Anne Rice, my dominant ones like Isaac Asimov.

O_o

Nice.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.