[PF] Corruption of Champions Inspired Sandbox

Started by Warlock, January 06, 2015, 05:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonDoom

Well, sure, if we're importing. I meant as an included smiley.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

OyabunKobold

True true lol I just liked that emote and thought it fit the mood at the time so I thought Id share with you :3

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Warlock

I'll make a selection around Sunday, so people should have time to stew on their characters and make adjustments where needed. Can't say there's anyone I don't like so far and could easily get behind them, or under, or over, or really any position they'd like me take.

Since a Desert Biome seem to be a common thread, I'll see about starting to flesh out the areas I've already done there, adding new ones and polishing.

Edit: And while people wait, have a sandwich (NSFW).

Anon315

I applied to one of these once upon a time, it never really took off. I'd really like to apply with the same character given that I never got to play him, but alas, Tieflings are not allowed.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Party pic from that game, because Meliai spent the time to draw it and effort deserves acknowledgement.

Hmmm... decisions, decisions, the exceedingly hard decisions.

I shall be forthcoming in a subsequent post about my male Cleric / Hunter (Divine Hunter). No mere sacrifice is he, he seeks to cleanse even Mareth of demons! (How little he knows)

I am very excited about this game, and hope to be allowed. Which is a faint hope, I realize, given the tremendous quality of other apps. Ergo why I'm giving myself a full day to work on it.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Anon315 on January 07, 2015, 02:23:10 PM
I applied to one of these once upon a time, it never really took off. I'd really like to apply with the same character given that I never got to play him, but alas, Tieflings are not allowed.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Party pic from that game, because Meliai spent the time to draw it and effort deserves acknowledgement.

Hmmm... decisions, decisions, the exceedingly hard decisions.

I shall be forthcoming in a subsequent post about my male Cleric / Hunter (Divine Hunter). No mere sacrifice is he, he seeks to cleanse even Mareth of demons! (How little he knows)

I am very excited about this game, and hope to be allowed. Which is a faint hope, I realize, given the tremendous quality of other apps. Ergo why I'm giving myself a full day to work on it.

If nothing else Im willing to help look over the character and point out any needs that need fixin if I see them. even if it means I gotta fight for my spot Id rather have tons of good choices than choices that were made because others were lacking type deals :3

Im sure the quality you produce 315 wont be any less impressive than whats been put forth by the time its finished :3

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Lockepick

Hawthorne Briggs
Human Male - Rogue // Witch (Ancestor)

Description: Human Male, 19yo, tight firm body. His hair is short, and a dusting of hair covers his arms, legs, chest, and a trail down to his pubes. His facial hair is kept short, but still there. Picture is a good base of where to begin.
CoC Description

You are a 5 foot 11 inch tall human, with a normal waistline and decently visible muscles. You are currently wearing comfortable clothes and using a light mace as a weapon. Your face is human in shape and structure, with light skin. It has a somewhat masculine, angular jawline. Your short, black hair looks good on you, accentuating your features well.

You have a humanoid shape with the usual torso, arms, hands, and fingers. You have pleasant hips, and your fair butt contracts with every motion, displaying the detailed curves of its lean musculature. Two normal human legs grow down from your waist, ending in normal human feet.

You have two flat breasts, each supporting one 0.2-inch perky nipple.

Your pecker is 5.5 inches long and 1 inch thick.
A ballsack with a duo of testicles swings heavily beneath your cock. You estimate each of them to be about one inch across.

You have one virgin pucker, placed between your butt-cheeks where it belongs.

Personality:
Hawthorne's very existence is antithetical to the worldview he had as of a few months ago. He's very much looking to explore, to find out what he should value now that family can no longer be his priority. He's diving head first into the world without much concern for risks or consequences -- after all, he hasn't found anything to lose yet.

Background:
Hawthorne was the eldest son of the leader of his clan, the Red Hands. The strong sense of family is what kept the clan so powerful even in the battles with other clans. Hawthorne grew up revering the ancestors, and gained their power for doing so. Even as a child he was built up that he'd be their leader someday, that he'd lead them to a new age of glory and strength. His taste towards men was forgiven under the idea that he'd still settle down and produce an heir once he was old enough to do so. Hawthorne played the role of the clan's leader-to-be, taking the daughter of another clan's leader as his wife.

After a half year of attempting and being unable to conceive a child, the clan's shaman and healer divined that Hawthorne was unable to produce an heir. The inability to continue the family line was the greatest shame Hawthorne could bring. His title and bride were both given to his younger brother. The portal was his only hope to bring back some honor to his family. He found the whole notion ludicrous, but in the end, the dangers of the portal proved less daunting than being a pariah back amongst his clan...

Other: Not sure who is approved, so not sure I can select this yet..

On/Offs:
- Ons: Masculine Partners; Unusual Anatomy/Cum; Bestiality (or Monstrous Forms); Forced Arousal/Aphrodisiacs; Roughness/Force; Public Humiliation/Degradation; Addiction; Male Pregnancy (Quick/Rapid over Prolonged)
- Offs: Feminine Partners; Romance; Vaginal Sex (unless it's mine)

Transformations:
- Favs: Animal Features (Mammals); Anything Feminizing; Addictions/Addicting Features; Addition of Erogenous Zones.
- Avoid: Insect Features; Extreme Loss of Humanoid Form (eg: becoming amorphous, loss of multiple limbs, obscene numbers of dicks/vaginas/breasts that I become by all logic stationary)

Favorite Biome: Tundra (for the monsters there) or Desert (for the heat/costumes)

Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

rikka

Question: Do gestalts get a favored class bonus to hit points or skill rank?
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

OyabunKobold

@ rikka

you choose 1 of the two classes and yes you can choose hp Skill point or theres Racial favored classes.

For example Rogue for a human gets 1/6th of a talent meaning by lvl 6 you get an extra rogue talent

for a wizard/arcanist you get to add 1 free spell 1 level before the highest level you can cast (useless untill you can start casting lvl 2 spells)

Even tho you're leveling 2 classes though you can only choose 1 as your favored

@Lockepick

Was looking over your char and thought to myself what kinda spellcaster is a witch anyways so i looked it up.

Since you're spellcaster is Int based you might want to trade Dangerously curious (since your rogue gets UMD naturally) to Pragmatic activator. You effectively raise your UMD by 2 instead of 1 and since your primary casting stat is Int you'll be raising it more than your cha which allows you to gain more than just the +1 from Dangerously

Lockepick

Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

OyabunKobold

Latooni Subota

Welp. Guess I gotta make an application for this now! And here I thought I wouldn't have any interesting new games to squee over for a while . . . >.>

Time to try and turn into an adorable nine-tailed foxgirl!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

MiraMirror

I'm really tempted to try a Fighter class with something else...I've always wanted to try a Gunslinger, though... ;_;
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

OyabunKobold

you could mix and match a gunslinger fighter tho :P Maybe eventually become that gunslinger from Afro samurai that has a hidden third arm with a sword lol

I havent seen many gunslingers to be honest though.

Latooni Subota

Too sleepy to finish tonight, but expect an Investigator/Sorcerer (Sage) Halfling tomorrow night-ish!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

VonDoom

Also, for those who caught which game the wise woman in Marissa's background references, there's a ... uh, well, a cookie seeped in delicious Succubus Milk for you?  O:)

For those who didn't, here.

O&O

Warlock

Quote from: Anon315 on January 07, 2015, 02:23:10 PM

*Looks at setting notes then at the character concept then back at his notes*
Some of you have managed to suggest characters that lies close to some of my NPCs and factions, either through sheer dumb luck or you've installed hidden cameras in my home (possibly along with my grandfather who always manage to call during dinner). I'm giddy with anticipation at firstly seeing whom I wind up choosing and how the characters interact with the world.

Doing a rough headcount of biomes those dealing with fire (you people like things hot, don't you) seemed fairly frequent and I've included features relating to that in the Desert biome. Most of my biomes have this sort of crossover, Forest having some mountainous features in the form of a valley and a lake area with an island.

rikka

Quote from: Warlock on January 07, 2015, 12:35:24 PM

@Rikka
Spellslingers are nice, have a theorycrafted mystic thurge build gathering dust somewhere that utilize the equivelent of ''cast all spells'' line in the Arcane gun feature to great effect. Using Reach Metamagic you can shoot people with Cure and Heal spells. Nifty thing. You can also start with 10 bullets, so you're able to actually use it as a weapon, not just an implement. Goes for all potential gun wielders.

Yeah, I've done some careful reading on the spellslinger archetype, less I misread or misunderstand, and found out it was not what it is cracked to be or envisioned. It cannot cast all kinds of spells into the arcane gun, only with those with ranged touch, line, cone, and ray descriptors, which are not many.  Now if you can lend me that theorycrafted mystic thruge build, or just allow the “cast all spells” on the arcane gun rule, I’d be much obliged.  Otherwise I’ll just have to make do with the canon setup of the spellslinger, which is still fine.

Ons/Offs

VonDoom

Well, from what I recall, those are the ones the bonus applies to. They're also the only ones I can think of that have an attack roll or critical chance, so there's really no great advantage for other spells. Just fluffing them as being shot out through the gun shouldn't be a problem.

I think it was the arcane reach metamagic feat or something that allowed for touch spells to be done as ranged touch.

O&O

Warlock

Quote from: rikka on January 08, 2015, 07:28:58 AM
Yeah, I've done some careful reading on the spellslinger archetype, less I misread or misunderstand, and found out it was not what it is cracked to be or envisioned. It cannot cast all kinds of spells into the arcane gun, only with those with ranged touch, line, cone, and ray descriptors, which are not many.  Now if you can lend me that theorycrafted mystic thruge build, or just allow the “cast all spells” on the arcane gun rule, I’d be much obliged.  Otherwise I’ll just have to make do with the canon setup of the spellslinger, which is still fine.

Yeah, you're correct and I wrote it completly wrong, I meant it as being able to cast spells from different sources than just wizard using the Arcane Gun feature. The restrictions of the type of spells being cast are as those you've mentioned. Though I've considered allowing the Arcane Archer prestige class be used with guns or other ranged weapons as part of my pathfinder house rules, not sure yet and it could allow a wider range of spells being used.

rikka

Thanks for the input, both of you. At the end of the day, the spellslinger is still a wizard.  Who gets to cast spells the normal manner, although restricted with a greater number of opposition schools, and only a few of her spell selection gets to be cast through the arcane gun.

There goes my dreams of a Chaika-type character. :P

Ons/Offs

MiraMirror

Quote from: rikka on January 08, 2015, 08:13:51 AM
Thanks for the input, both of you. At the end of the day, the spellslinger is still a wizard.  Who gets to cast spells the normal manner, although restricted with a greater number of opposition schools, and only a few of her spell selection gets to be cast through the arcane gun.

Sorry, but I have to do this:

"Chaika?"
"Hai. Chaika."
"...Chaika."

That said, I'm working out a character concept at the moment. I've always wanted to try out a Gunner of some sort, so I'm going to try pairing the Dune Drifter archetype for the Cavalier with something...possibly Trench Fighter up to level 3, followed by something else...Suggestions?

Edit: It kind of looks like it'd be better to take the Musketeer archetype, actually, since I don't really plan on using a mount...Hm.

Warlock

Quote from: rikka on January 08, 2015, 08:13:51 AM

If you'd like I'd allow you using your gun as part of describing your all your spellcasting in-game, though you'd still follow the normal rules for the spell being cast, provoking AoO, Concentration checks, etc. A verbal component could be a charging sound, buzzing, wirring and crackling with arcane energy before being let loose. Somatic and material components could be you loading the gun with a click-clack, the previous shell flying out and you putting in a specially crafted bullet or mystical regeant. All the while being able to cast spells in a 'normal' manner also.

MiraMirror

Eww, actually looking at  Dune Drifter, it...doesn't seem that great, since as worded, it means the "Challenge" ability wouldn't really work on anything. Blech, back to searching.

OyabunKobold

@Warlock

That would be an interesting concept it reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy unlimited Would definitely be cool to see.

@Shrroth

Back to the drawing board then :) at least you have plenty of Options.

Anon315

WIP:
Ian Sonnun
Cleric of Erastil // Divine Hunter
Character Sheet

Description:
Ian is a male human of middling height, somewhere just below six feet but not enough to notice when he has boots on. He has long black hair and tends to keep it bound tightly, lest it get in his way. He wears exquisite garb for a member of a clerical order. He has a modest endowment which can only be guessed at, and the status of his rump is similarly a mystery.

Personality:
Unused as he is to contact with those not of his order, Ian can best be described as a mixture of naive and stupid. He is friendly, eager, and desirous to prove himself. While he has combated the rats and other various infestations (even one he swore was a dire rat!), his bravado regarding his combat prowess may be unearned. Ian has no qualms regarding sexuality, mostly because he is at present entirely unfamiliar with it. He has a severe dislike of demons.

Background:
Ian is an orphan, a completely original concept never before heard of. His parents abandoned him at a monastery, which is similarly not something that has been done. What innovators his parents were! They were a young couple who could no more afford another child than they could afford a gold plated carriage. It was thought that for his raising there would not be a better place than an order of chaste clerics, monks, and paladins. However, this was not such an order. This was a temple renowned the world over for its ales and spirits. The clergy herein were of a like to those of Cayden Cailean, Bacchus, or Dionysus. That is to say they were drunker than skunks half the time, seeking enlightenment through intoxication, and the remainder of their time they were brewing or mixing beverages to attain materials or advance their knowledge. Of course it wouldn't do to get a child drunk, so they started by teaching him. He learned the brewing craft and in time took care of the cellars, which this being the kingdom of Generic were always being infested with some manner or another of pest; rats, spiders, you name it. He took a cat to help him keep the beasts out, and learned the ways of purification and inebriation from the brethren.

Growing up, he heard year after year of the sacrifices that were made. The brethren often proffered a gift to the sacrifices of wine or beer, to ease their journey, but he noticed that none of them were ever selected. When he reached a fair age, he decided he would solve that. He volunteered as a sacrifice, and began training. He would bring the gift of booze to the other realm, and convert or slay all the demons therein to the gods of barley, hop, and grape. The brethren laughed, but when he was actually selected (because very few people have volunteered for sacrifice) they started worrying, for they knew of what lay beyond the portal. In earnest they trained him for the day he would be sent through the portal, and when he left, they sent him with a bottle of their oldest vintage, which lamentably had pretty much just turned to vinegar.

Ons/Offs:
ON: Girls, Feminine Boys, Herms, Large (or any) Breasts, Vaginas, Most Any Transformation, Anthro, Multiple Partners, Taurs.
OFF: Masculine Males, Demons, Eggs, Vore/Null, Un/Rebirth, Necrophilia.
For anything else, ask. That should cover most bases, though.