H(a)unted

Started by Akkas, March 03, 2019, 06:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyx NightBird

Onyxiya sat up straight as the rings and the fact that Rilika was an angel hunter aroused her interest and curiosity.
In all the time she had lived she had never encountered an angel and only a handful of demons.
Still ogling the rings, she thought about what she just learned about Rilika.
After a moment of silence, she placed her cup on the table once again.
"I take it that cancelling it out with good energy didn't work...", she said in a thoughtful, calm way.

Placing her fingers on her lower lip and chin in that specific manner one does when thinking about something she looked down to the floor.
After a while she took down her hand and looked up at Rilika again. She had come to a decision.

"I'd like to learn more about that dark energy in your knee." She paused for a moment, looking at Rilika with a serious expression. "But you probably won't like what I have to do for that."
She kept watching Rilika, awaiting her response.

Akkas

Rilika barely registered Onyxiya ogling her rings. She was used to people focusing on them. Demons were always looking at their rings. Regular demons usually watched them with negative emotions, whereas hunters checked each other's hands to guess who was better and more skilled. For those with the most rings were the most skillful.
"Good energy kind of works," she said. "It does neutralize the dark but it wears off too fast."
She casually put her cup on the table as well. "I'm sure that whatever it is you think I won't like, I'll prefer that over remaining crippled," she said strongly, fearlessly. But she did want to know what it was before she'd give permission for anything. "So what do you need to do?"

Nyx NightBird

Looking Rilika straight in the eyes, Onyxiya replied with a firm calm voice.
"I need some of your blood. Blood can tell a lot." She paused for a moment. What she was about to say would probably give away what she was or at least part of what she was.
Even though she usually preferred to keep to herself she had decided to try to help the woman sitting in front of her. And since Rilika had come here asking for help and hadn't shown any sign of hostility towards her, she had decided to give it a shot.

"I'll have to bite you. Your knee to be precise. The knee pit would be the best spot for doing so."
She said that as if it was the most normal thing, though she thought it would catch Rilika by surprise.
She closely watched her reaction.

Akkas

Rilika blinked, as though she misheard. It surely caught her by surprise. "My blood...?" she echoed softly. Slowly, the words sank into her brain and she tried to understand what that meant. The look in her blue eyes turned from vague to thoughtful to partial understanding and curiosity.
"Does that mean that you're like a vampire?" Remembering what else Onyxiya said, that she had an aspect that people considered good and one they'd consider bad, Rilika corrected herself. "Like a half-vampire?" She was slightly frowning, as she'd never met them before.
She was intruiged about that and wanted to know more about vampires. She leaned forward with her elbows on her knees. Her eyes darted over Onyxiya with a new, fresh look. She was not afraid, because she figured that Onyxiya knew about as little about her kind as she knew about hers.

Nyx NightBird

Onyxiya gave a slight smile as she saw the surprise on Rilika's face turn into some understanding.
She nodded slowly. "Yes, I am half-vampire", she confirmed, noticing the the change in Rilika. Apparently she hadn't met many vampires, just as she hadn't met many demons, let alone angel hunters.
She was curious about Rilika's kind as well and wanted to learn more about her too.
Getting some of her blood would help her with that, though she didn't tell Rilika. But what she had told her was the truth. She would be able to learn more about that dark energy from her blood.
After a moment she asked Rilika "So, would you be willing to let me have some of your blood?"

Akkas

Rilika trusted Onyxiya in this and nodded. "Alright, yeah, you can have some." She was eager to get on with this, as this was unlike anything she'd tried before. Anything new was a potential breakthrough. She tried not to act too eager or excited, as willingly getting bitten was not a common reason fo feel excited.
She put her left ankle on her right knee to take off her boot. She dropped it on the floor and started to roll up her trouser leg. While doing that, she asked: "I don't know what's true about your kind and what's not - I probably don't even know half of it - so please, tell me, is it true you need blood to survive? And where do you usually get it from, seeing as the people won't come near this place?"

Nyx NightBird

Onyxiya watched Rilika take off her boot and rolling up her trouser leg. She couldn't help but smile at the excited curiosity she could sense in her.
"As I'm only a halfling not all the rules that apply to a full vampire apply to me. But yes, I do need blood to survive."
She slowly got up and approached Rilika.
"But since I'm a halfling I also can and have to eat normal food. I could survive on a one-sided diet though in the long run it would be unhealthy."

She crouched down in front of Rilika, gently placing her soft, warm hands on her knee, turning it into a position so that she could reach the knee pit more easily, without making it uncomfortable for Rilika.
Looking up she answered the last question. "I don't necessarily need human blood. There are enough animals living here in the forest and I could always go to the town nearby, if necessary. Though I try not to draw any attention, thus I prefer the woods."
With a smile she turned her attention back to Rilika's knee.

She gently stroked over the bare skin, easily finding the best spot to get enough blood from the right vein while causing the possibly least pain for Rilika. She still would feel a prick, but probably nothing more.
"Are you ready?"

Akkas

Rilika listened with care to what Onyxiya told about herself. She listened with interest and liked to learn more about her. She had quite a different lifestyle and it sounded like an effort to both need food and blood. Rilika already thought that normal food alone cost too much time.
She shifted and leant back in the chair, resting her arms on the therefor intended armrests. Her eyes were locked on Onyxiya's hands. She rarely felt skin-to-skin contact and was not used to that, so it made her slightly uncomfortable. She was not that close with anyone.
She played with the collar of her jacket and pulled it up to feel more covered.
"I'm ready," she confirmed.

Nyx NightBird

Onyxiya nodded before turning back to Rilika's knee. Of course she sensed Rilika's uneasiness, so she wasn't going to protract the situation.
She opened her mouth, her canines elongating and becoming pointier and sharper. Leaning down to the knee pit, her soft lips soon gently touched Rilika's skin, immediately followed by her teeth pricking it.
Her eyes closed, she took three small sips, keeping the blood in her mouth instead of swallowing it down. Once she had enough blood, she quickly licked over the tiny wounds from her bite, sealing them. Having done that she let go of Rilika right away and even moved back a little, giving her some space.
Her eyes still closed she savoured the blood she was still keeping in her mouth.
Its taste was something completely new to her and she wanted to relish it. Though she hadn't forgotten the reason why she was doing this.
She could taste the different energies clashing in the blood and she could clearly make out the energy that had caused Rilika's plight.
The way it had oozed into the taste of the blood itself, how strong its taste was, she could tell that the energy was entirely complected with the tissue of the knee.

Once she had tasted the blood enough, she swallowed it down.
She slowly opened her eyes after letting another moment pass and returned to her seat.
"Well... That was... Interesting", she said in a very quiet, almost whispering voice, seemingly lost in thought, not looking at Rilika at all.

Akkas

The instant that Onyxiya's teeth pricked her skin, Rilika clenched her fists. In one hand she held a handful of fabric from her jacket, in the other she felt the comforting, smooth handle of a --
Rilika's eyes shot to her right hand and she saw that her instinct got the better of her. A dagger as white as her cane laid in her hand, made from her magic. It vanished as quick as it appeared; she had no intention of using it on her present company. She opened her hands and dug her fingers in the chair instead. Her heart was pounding, mainly out of guilt that she had almost attacked her.
When Onyxiya moved away, she forced herself to calm down and get control over herself. She focused on her leg. She wiped her knee pit with her fingers and pulled her trouser leg down, cleaning her fingers on it simultaneously. That was not enough distraction to stop feeling the guilt, so she stared at Onyxiya, barely able to wait for what she had to say. What had she tasted, what did she learn? Rilika got overflown by curiosity and hope. She couldn't wait and impatiently said: "So? What can you tell me about it?"

Nyx NightBird

Onyxiya looked up at Rilika, a knowing, slant little smile curling her lips in amusement to this eager curiosity.
But the smile soon faded.

After keeping quiet for another moment, her voice finally broke the silence.
"...I could clearly taste the dark energy this Fairy Tale Hunter put in your knee. It was very present in your blood."

She quickly licked over her lips, the aftertaste still on her tongue.

"By its intensity I can tell that the energy wasn't just put in your knee." She paused for another moment.
"...It has merged with the tissue."

Propping up her lower arms on her legs, she continued.
"I don't know what you have tried so far to get rid of your misery, but if the focus was on cancelling the energy out that is probably why it failed... Cancelling it out won't work, the energy has to be extracted or you'll never get rid of it and I know this is easier said than done..."

Akkas

Rilika leaned back in the chair and brushed her hands through her white hair. She was pleased to receive this information, but not with the information itself. "So it's a part of me now..." she mumbled to herself. "That must be why even -" She noticed she was speaking a part of her thoughts aloud and stopped doing that. It probably wouldn't even matter if she said her name aloud, as it was a common name and Onyxiya didn't know much about her kind. She wouldn't recognize the name anyways.
At least now Rilika knew why most of her attempts failed. Trying to remove it would bring a lot of new problems along, but at least she had a new opening to work with.
She snapped herself out of her moment of despair. She dropped her hands and got serious. "Alright. So you're saying it's easier said than done. Does that mean you have any idea on how to go at this?"

Nyx NightBird

Onyxiya watched Rilika closely. She noticed how she stopped her talking and of course it made her curious, but she figured now wasn't the right time to ask, since Rilika had to take in this unpleasant information, so she remained quiet until Rilika spoke again.

"I'm sorry, I don't know, how to handle this. I only know that it's not easy to remove energy once it has merged with something."

She paused for a moment, looking down at the floor, thinking.
With a quiet voice she then said: "But I might know someone who could be able to help you. I'm not sure though, so please, don't get your hopes up, it's possible they can't help you either..."

Akkas

Onyxiya's last remark came too late; Rilika already got her hopes up. Each maybe was better than a definite no. Onyxiya's aid already turned out quite helpful, so she had faith that this person would be helpful as well.
"I want to meet them," she immediately decided. She didn't hestitate for a moment. She reached for her cane and picked it up. She let it rest on the armrests and sat up straight. "I'm ready to go when you are." The way she sat confirmed she was ready to get up whenever. Her eagerness made it seem like this would be a certain fix.

Nyx NightBird

A subtle smirk curled Onyxiya's lips as Rilika just assumed that she would come along.
"Fine, I'll accompany you", she said. "I haven't seen them in a long time, I could visit them again."

She was about to get up, but stopped, looking at Rilika.
"Do you need to get back to town to get anything or prepare yourself for the journey before we leave? We will be gone for some time and we won't be travelling by modern means."

Even though Rilika seemed very eager, it was important to make the proper preparations for such a trip. Having the right clothing, packing provisions and other things and tools one might need. Onyxiya was sort of used to traveling like this and thus knew how to prepare for such a journey, but she wasn't sure if Rilika did. Although, being part of the supernatural world, she could have some experience in that.

Akkas

Rilika didn't really feel like needing to walk all the way back to town to get anything. Most of the things she could need, she could make with her powers anyway. The only thing she could think of that she would not have access to, would be food. If she would travel on her own and knew where she was going, she could travel through the dimension of the angels, where the laws of nature were a hint different. Angels in that dimension would not need consumptions there. As a Hunter she could feel some of that dimension's effect, so it would take longer to get hungry.
But it would be difficult to orientate from there, so it would not be an option to go there for long.
"Depending on the length of the trip I might need some food and water," Rilika said. "Other than that, I already have everything I need."
She wondered only for a second whether or not she would actually ask this, but she figured she already asked so much of Onyxiya, one more request wouldn't make a difference. "I would hate to need to go all the way back to town just for that, so... Could I be as bold as to ask whether you have anything here that you could miss?"