Vampire the Masquerade: Seattle by Night [closed for now! Thank you, all! <3 ]

Started by Blythe, August 27, 2016, 05:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

So many new sheets! <3

As a note for those wondering about positions in Seattle's domain:
- Lockepick has expressed interest in the Sheriff role (ancilla)
- Sparrowhawke's got a Scourge I need to review (ancilla)
- RedPhoenix has expressed interest in playing the Keeper of Elysium (ancilla)
- Jaded has a Deputy for our Sheriff I need to review (ancilla)

Kia, Jaded, and Sparrowhawke, I'll review all of your sheets tonight and get you feedback tomorrow! So excited to see all these new sheets!  :D

Need Harpies (they may be ancilla) or more neonates to round the game out a bit and provide variety. :)

RedPhoenix

Name: Deliverance "Vera" Ward
Clan: Ventrue
Gender/Sex: Female/Female
Nature: Conformist
Demeanor: Judge
Generation: 10th

Attributes

Strength: *
Dexterity: **
Stamina: ***

Charisma: **** (Specialization: Public Relations)
Manipulation: ***** (Specialization: Corporate Schemes)
Appearance: **

Perception: **
Intelligence: ***
Wits: **** (Specialization: Raconteur)

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness:
Athletics:
Brawl:
Dodge:
Empathy: 
Expression: **
Intimidation: ***** (Veiled Threats)
Leadership: ***** (Commands)
Streetwise:
Subterfuge: ***** (Feigning Morality)

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette: ***
Firearms: **
Melee:
Performance:
Security:
Stealth:
Survival:

Knowledges:
Academics: **
Computer: **
Finance: ***** (Stock Market)
Investigation:
Law: **
Linguistics: * (German)
Medicine:
Occult:
Politics: ***
Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds:

Contacts ** (Chief of Police, Head Judge of the Court)
Resources ****
Generation ***
Status ** (Camarilla)

Disciplines:

Dominate ***

Virtues:

Conscience: ***

Self-Control: ****

Courage: *

Humanity/Path: 7

Willpower: 5

Blood Pool: 2 / 13 (1/turn)

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits: (list cost!)

Flaws: (list points!)

Personality: Depending on who you are, Vera is either cold and unapproachable or the sweetest dear you'll ever meet. This will depend on how much power and social status you have, less so money than one might think. She talks eagerly about topics she is genuinely interested in. These include - finance, business, fine art, theater, and social traditions. She constantly bemoans the sorry state of music and art in today's world, and the decline in social values brought about by the decreasing influence of the church. Professes to be a devout Catholic. She is very focused, alert, and can always be counted on to do what is fashionable (in a timeless sort of way) and socially acceptable. Doesn't open up about her true feelings at all. Seems to favor young, beautiful, subservient things for her partners when she takes one, the less of a mind of their own the better.

History: Deliverance was named after one of her ancestors who happened to be one of the original New England colonists. Her family slowly accumulated wealth and influence over the ages, letting the Vanderbilts and the Rockefellers take the public eye while they enjoyed their equally opulent mansions and lifestyles in more private seclusion.

Vera was born in a mansion on 5th avenue in the height of the Gilded Age. She was a very good child, always doing exactly as her father and mother told her, learning her lessons and knowing her place. She did so well that she was sent to the schooling that had been intended for her twin brother, who idled away his luxury safe in the knowledge that mother and father would never really punish him. For Vera it was more about earning praise than avoiding punishment. When she returned from her schooling with the top marks of the class and having maintained her virtue despite the many advances of the young gentlemen she attended classes with she was introduced to a shocking family secret. Her great ancestor was still moving, not alive, but quite undead.

Vera thought she was losing her mind when she was embraced by her very-great-grandmother. She spent time in an asylum hidden in the middle of nowhere in South Dakota that had been specially arranged for this purpose by her quite wise ancestor. It was a luxurious and lavish treatment center, staffed entirely by ghouls and whose only patients were young affluent vampires who had been recently embraced (although the basement was rumored to house those poor souls who had never quite adapted) and when she finally came to terms with who she was she made quick friends with her peers, all destined to be the next generation of Ventrue.

When she returned her family had abandoned the increasingly common Manhattan for a new, enormous estate on the Upper East Side. At a family dinner great old Deliverance instructed the family that Vera was to be in charge of finances and estates from then on. There was no discussion. Deliverance then returned to her torpor deep beneath the earth of their new home and Vera took her place as the head of the house.

Her family thrived, thanks to her new abilities and connections. The servants were bled for her meals and most of them happily agreed to for the compensation they received and the chance of Vera losing control and using them for more than blood. Vera lived this life comfortably for some time, making money for her family, sending the appropriate taxes to the Ventrue, and enjoying luxury as New York City proper was slowly lost to the Sabbat. Vera was never responsible for Manhattan, but that didn't stop fingers from being pointed her way when the Camarilla abandoned the city. The security around her estate increased, and the chaos loving Sabbat learned that she was a harder target than any of her neighbors, and her little enclave of Camarilla territory survived in happy obscurity, if no small amounts of comparison to Nero were snidely whispered her way.

It was only recently that she had a visitor. The great Justicar of the Ventrue himself came to dine at the Ward Estate. He had a favor to ask. Favors from the Justicar of course are not really favors, more of demands. She was to uproot herself from her comfortable home and visit Seattle, to assist the Primogen there in any way possible. Sort of make up for sitting idle while we lost New York eh? There's a good lass.

Vera was unable to move the vast majority of her family's resources without arousing suspicion. Her presence was welcomed with polite suspicion by the Primogen, who himself had received a similar 'favor' that was asked by the Justicar to take her in as his new Keeper, and while the Primogen took advantage quickly of her financial skills he, rightly, doesn't quite believe she isn't a spy for the Justicar. However they both despise the other vampires in the city (and the humans, and the werewolves, and really everyone who isn't themselves) slightly more than they despise each other and are working together acceptably well for now. Vera resents the assignment and looks forward to going home, but she understand the more she rushes it the less likely she is to succeed and she doesn't want another New York on her resume.

Your O/Os for this character: Vera enjoys high class, artistic sex where she is worshiped by the young and beautiful. She despises anything that could be seen as crude, common, or vulgar.

NOTE: For statistics, be sure to include how you spent your Freebie points (or EXP for those starting as ancilla).

Spendings:

Freebie - 15
3 - +3 to generation (background 1 point/dot)
1 - +1 to resources (background 1 point/dot)
4 - +2 to expression (ability 2 points/dot)
4 - +2 to finance (ability 2 points/dot)
4 - +4 to willpower (willpower 1 point/dot)

XP - 75

5 - +2 to Status (Camarilla) (3 to buy new Background, 2 (1x2) to increase to 2)
16 - +1 to Manipulation (4x4 to increase to 5)
12 - +1 to Wits (3x4 to increase to 4)
14 - +2 to Intimidation (3x2 = 6, 4x2 = 8 to increase from 3 to 5)
14 - +2 to Leadership (3x2 = 6, 4x2 = 8 to increase from 3 to 5)
14 - +2 to Subterfuge (3x2 = 6, 4x2 =8 to increase from 3 to 5)

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Blythe

@ Sparrowhawke: Sheet approved!

(No worries, folks, am working on sheet review tonight. Anyone who submitted a sheet should hear back, at the latest, tomorrow!)

Blythe

@ Jaded: Sheet approved! (I'll edit in a link to your O/O matrix when I post up your sheet, just let me know if you have any O/Os that aren't mentioned in the matrix for your Brujah! (I'm still reviewing the ghoul retainers you submitted via PM; they'll likely be placed in the World Building thread as minor NPCs if they are approved)

I won't post your sheet yet, though, Jaded--let me know if you want her to start with a full Blood Pool or not. Once I know that, I'll post her up.

As a note for everyone: I'm letting everyone start with a full Blood Pool, unless you just happen to want to roll for it and start out a bit hungry. :-)

Blythe

@ Kia: Sheet approved! Before I post it up, please let me know if you wish to have a full Blood Pool or prefer to keep what you have listed. (I may clean up the formatting just a touch when posting it, if that's all right?)

Update: Okie dokie, we've got a lot of Malkavians--we're up to three. I am no longer accepting Malkavian characters until things balance out a bit with other Clan choices!

Kia

Quote from: Blythe on August 30, 2016, 08:38:01 PM
@ Kia: Sheet approved! Before I post it up, please let me know if you wish to have a full Blood Pool or prefer to keep what you have listed. (I may clean up the formatting just a touch when posting it, if that's all right?)

Thanks Blythe! Really excited to play Lyssa :D A full blood pool would be great, and full permission to clean up the format :)

RedPhoenix

I am already in character and despising you Malkavians for being so ostentatious and dramatic.

p.s. also Geeklet.

Rummy Tum Tum

I am interested in joining this. Always wanted to do a VtM game (and by always I mean since I played Bloodlines a few years ago). I've got a lot of reading up to do, but I'm down for it. This would also be my second tabletop RPG. My first was a custom fantasy game an old friend made a couple years back, and it was done over skype call. So I'm new to doing this via forum too.
P.S: I'm leaning towards Gangrel.

Lockepick

Name: Sean Fulton
Clan: Ventrue
Gender/Sex: Cis-Male
Nature: Rogue
Demeanor: Survivor
Generation: 9th

Attributes

Strength: ●●●●○ (Powerful Arms)
Dexterity: ●●●○○
Stamina: ●●●●○ (Tough as Nails)

Charisma: ●●●○○
Manipulation: ●●●●○ (Persuasive)
Appearance: ●●○○○

Perception: ●●●○○
Intelligence: ●●○○○
Wits: ●●○○○

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness: ●●○○○
Athletics: ●●●○○
Brawl:
Dodge: ●●●○○
Empathy: ●●○○○
Expression:
Intimidation: ●●○○○
Leadership:
Streetwise: ●●●○○
Subterfuge: ●●●○○

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts: ●●●●○ (Weapons)
Drive: ●○○○○
Etiquette: ●●○○○
Firearms:
Melee: ●●●●○ (Self-Crafted)
Performance:
Security:
Stealth:
Survival: ●○○○○

Knowledges:
Academics: ●○○○○
Computer:
Finance: ●○○○○
Investigation: ●●●○○
Law:
Linguistics:
Medicine:
Occult: ●●○○○
Politics:
Science: ●○○○○

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Status (Camarilla): ●●●○○
Influence: ●●●●●
- (Arms Dealers, Police, Public Transit, Drug Dealers, City Coroner)
Resources: ●●●○○
Haven: ●●○○○ (Size 1, Security 1)
Generation: ●●●●○
Herd: ●●○○○

Disciplines:
Fortitude: ●●●○○
Dominate: ●○○○○
Potence: ●●○○○

Virtues:
Conscience: ●●○○○

Self-Control: ●●●●○

Courage: ●●●●●

Humanity: ●●●●● ○○○○○

Willpower: 8 / 8

Blood Pool: 14 (2/rd)

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits:
(- 2pt) Calm Heart: +2 vs Frenzy
(- 2pt) Enchanting Voice: -2 Difficulty on Social Checks

Flaws:
(- 0pt) Clan Weakness: Prey Exclusion of only Low-Class Males (middle/lower Socioeconomic status)
(+ 2pt) Territorial
(+ 2pt) Vengeful
(+ 3pt) Permanent Fangs

Personality:
- Sean treats Court like a special club or the cool kid's table at lunch. He's proud to be a Vampire, and proud for some companionship in that regard.
- He has a capacity for violence and cruelty, even if he doesn't care for it. He acts ruthlessly in protecting his Kingdom (and keeping out poachers), convincing himself that one horrible act would prevent multiple less-horrible acts in the future. He carries a similar philosophy when dealing with Kindred or external threats: if he can show what a ruthless enemy or judge he'd be, maybe people will think twice about trying.
- He's a salesman and an artist, and he takes pride in his work. Even if he could rest on his laurels and get business by simply being a necessary part of the Danse Macabre, he puts effort into people enjoying business with him, in wanting to come back for more.

History: 
- Sean was born upper-middle class in Texas to doctors, but failed to have the skills or smarts to follow in those footsteps. His parents kept giving him 'opportunities', pushing him towards it, and in a move for independence, he pulled away from them, including their financial support. He got a job in a machine shop in Houston, and pressure to prove to his parents that he was doing just fine on his own lead him taking any additional jobs he could -- even for criminal factions using the machine shop as a base. He helped traffic drugs and guns through the machine shop, as well as any other contraband that happened to pass through.
- He was making a name for himself in Houston, even if it was just as an 'up and comer'. He got the attention of a Ventrue who heard of his 'pedigree' and his success, and thought he could help him live up to the potential of his upbringing better than his parents. Sean was embraced, and his Sire was no better at steering Sean towards more intellectual pursuits than his biological parents.
- Sean's Sire was beholden to Duchamps, and during Duchamps campaign to extend the borders of Seattle and take territory from the Garou, he called upon what was owed to him. Sean's Sire was beginning to accept his failure with Sean as a 'project', and took care of two problems at once by sending Sean in his stead. The young Ventrue was expected, by both his Sire and Duchamps, to serve as a meat shield, but proved himself to be more than capable of fighting the Garou threat. Outside of being an excellent foot soldier, his true value to the campaign was through his expertise in metalworking and in arming Duchamps forces with silver weapons.
- Duchamps had been successful, and during that time, Sean's Sire met his Final Death. Sean decided to stay in Seattle, having a better reputation there compared to Houston. He continued to serve the Court, growing a web of connections to assist with defending the Court from outside threats. He was made Sheriff in 1982, directly prior to Mama Kay's awakening, as part of the Prince's efforts to ensure stability upon her return.

Your O/Os for this character: O/Os are listed here.

Freebie/XP Ledger

Freebies: (15)
(+3) Flaws - Merits
(-2) Crafts 3 -> 4
(-2) Melee 3 -> 4
(-3) Resources 0 -> 3
(-3) Haven 0 -> 3
(-3) Generation 0 -> 3
(-2) Herd 0 -> 2
(-3) Willpower 5 -> 8

Starting Experience (75)
(-9) Status (Camarilla) 0 -> 3
(-4) Self Control 3 -> 4
(-15) Fortitude 1 -> 3
(-7) Potence 1 -> 2
(-8) Dexterity 2 -> 3
(-4) Charisma 1 -> 2
(-4) Intelligence 1 -> 2
(-6) Investigation 1 -> 3
(-2) Occult 1 -> 2
(-6) Dodge 1 -> 3
(-6) Athletics 1 -> 3
(-2) Alertness 1 -> 2
(-2) Etiquette 1 -> 2
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Blythe

Currently reviewing Red and Locke's sheets!

It's come to my attention that since I'm allowing ancilla, it's probably in my best interest to lower the generations on the Primogen NPCs. I'll go do that--that way we don't have ancilla who are lower generation than the Primogen council.

Hades

*Mutters and erases all his plans to take over the city from his whiteboard, and starts from scratch*  :D

Blythe

Quote from: Hades on August 30, 2016, 09:44:54 PM
*Mutters and erases all his plans to take over the city from his whiteboard, and starts from scratch*  :D

You'll always have a chance to rise in station! I want there to be some movers and shakers, so don't wipe out that whiteboard just yet.   ;D

And there are going to be chances to diablerize elders. <dramatic sound effect here!>  The NPCs are not going to be untouchable for clever enough, strong enough, or conniving enough Kindred.  >:)

Jaded

Quote from: Blythe on August 30, 2016, 08:20:40 PM
@ Jaded: Sheet approved! (I'll edit in a link to your O/O matrix when I post up your sheet, just let me know if you have any O/Os that aren't mentioned in the matrix for your Brujah! (I'm still reviewing the ghoul retainers you submitted via PM; they'll likely be placed in the World Building thread as minor NPCs if they are approved)

I won't post your sheet yet, though, Jaded--let me know if you want her to start with a full Blood Pool or not. Once I know that, I'll post her up.

Thanks!  I'd prefer she starts full, as otherwise her first course of action would be to go find something to chew on. 

Hades

Oh I already have my sights set on a particular position and have already started trying to work out the steps to get there and how many dominoes will need to get toppled along the way.
Because <more dramatic music> elders make a delicious midnight snack.

Sparrowhawke

Geeklet

Name: Sandra "Candy" Kayne
Clan: Nosferatu
Gender/Sex: Female
Nature: Curmudgeon
Demeanor: Deviant
Generation: 12th

Attributes

Strength: **
Dexterity: ***
Stamina: **

Charisma: ***
Manipulation: **** Subtle
Appearance: 0

Perception: ***
Intelligence: ***
Wits: **** Cool-Headed

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness: **
Athletics: **
Brawl: *
Dodge: *
Empathy: *
Expression:
Intimidation: *
Leadership:
Streetwise: ***
Subterfuge: **

Skills:
Animal Ken: *
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette: **
Firearms:
Melee:
Performance:
Security: **
Stealth: ***
Survival: **

Knowledges:
Academics:
Computer: *
Finance:
Investigation: **
Law:
Linguistics:
Medicine:
Occult:
Politics: *
Science: *

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Generation: *

Disciplines:
Animalism: *
Obfuscate: **
Potence: *

Virtues:
Conscience: ***

Self-Control: ****

Courage: ***

Humanity: *******

Willpower: *****

Blood Pool: *********

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits: (list cost!)
Long Fingers (1 pt)
Tought Hide (2 pt)

Flaws: (list points!)
Compulsion: Smoking (1 pt)

Personality: Between the reasoning behind her embrace, and the way she had been treated afterwards, Sandra has turned into a jaded and cynical bitch. There is a part of her that still craves attention though, but due to the change in appearance, she has turned to the occasional shock, rather than awe.

History: Sandra's tale starts in 1950s Hollywood. A girl fresh out of high school moved to California with dreams of becoming a model. After a couple years of struggling, she was finally starting to make some headway as a pinup model.

This caught the attention of one of the local Toreador, who hired the Nosferatu to do a bit of a background check. The Toreador wasn't impressed with the results, however. Whether the Nosferatu saw something within Sandra and sabotaged the results, or perhaps she was to be used as some political ploy, the true intentions of Sandra's embrace may never truly be known. The reason that she and most of the other local kindred were given was that it was to help teach her a lesson. As a human, she was seen as vain and self centered, but her sire wanted her to be more.

That wasn't the end, though. Most of her time post-embrace was spent confined to the local warrens. As she was being taught some of the basics needed for survival as a Nosferatu, most of the others degraded and mocked her for her human life.

It took several decades, but finally she had enough, and arranged transport up the west coast, winding up in Seattle, looking to make her own mark on the world, rather than be the joke for everyone else. But if the experience did teach her one lesson, it was that life is a bitch. Now, so is she.

Your O/Os for this character: O/O thread. Can't think of anything right now that would apply to the character that doesn't apply to me.

NOTE: For statistics, be sure to include how you spent your Freebie points (or EXP for those starting as ancilla).

Freebies: 19
+1 gained from Flaws
+3 gained from unused background points, per PM discussion with Blythe

Merits (3)
Dex 2->3 (5)
Obfuscate 1->2 (7)
Willpower 3->5 (2)
Stealth 2->3 (2)

With as much as I started and stopped, I wouldn't be surprised if I messed up somewhere, but there it is.

Jaded

Is 'Current Rating' when you do experience calculated based on where you start, or where you end up?

Hades

It's the new rating you are buying.  Which is why you see other White Wolf games change it to saying "New times x number" for their costs when they did their revisions (or publication in the case of DtF).

Or at least I hope that's the system being used, otherwise I need to recalculate my xp on my sheet and buy moar of the things.  :D

AndyZ

Quote from: Hades on August 31, 2016, 08:01:36 AM
It's the new rating you are buying.  Which is why you see other White Wolf games change it to saying "New times x number" for their costs when they did their revisions (or publication in the case of DtF).

Or at least I hope that's the system being used, otherwise I need to recalculate my xp on my sheet and buy moar of the things.  :D

I'm used to old rating, and hope Blythe chimes in on this.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Geeklet

RedPhoenix

Whoops. I used current rating to meant the uh, you know, current rating. Why white wolf gotta be so vague about everything. :(

Guess I'll be renumbering things. :)

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: Geeklet on August 31, 2016, 08:14:19 AM
Pffft, this is why we need more neonates!
-raises hand- I'm looking to make a neonate. It'll be great, since I'm actually a newbie. Or it'll be terrible. However it goes, I'll give it a try.

Blythe

Current rating means 'old rating.'

Example: If you had 1 dot of an ability, to bump it higher, you'd pay 2 EXP (Current rating [1] x 2).

I tend to keep it that way because it encourages people to diversify out their Abilities.

My bad on your sheet, Hades, go buy moar things. >_>;

RedPhoenix

Blythe

Also, anyone else that already submitted a sheet--if you used the new rating instead of old when buying things (talking to those playing ancilla here), recalculate and buy moar things. :P

careless GM was careless, I need y'all to keep me in line with questions like these. >_<