The 100 (Interest check only)

Started by mia h, June 12, 2014, 12:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mia h

This is just a tentative interest check, so while you are free to start dreaming up characters etc. in your comfort of your own minds that's not what this thread is for (at least yet anyways)

So what's The 100? I hear you ask. (someone? anyone?)
Well it's a book and TV show that revolves around five different groups, although 2 of those groups haven't really been seen.

The Ark
97 years ago, the Earth was devastated by a nuclear war but in orbit were 13 space stations. After a small misunderstand that was reduced to 12 stations, those stations then linked together to form the Ark. The inhabitants of the Ark don't think radiation levels on Earth will return to safe levels for another 80 years give or take, but the Ark isn't going to last that long so the ruling council needs some guinea pigs to see if Earth is habitable, right now.

The 100 (and that's The Hundred not The One-Hundred)
Because resources on the Ark are in high demand all crime is punished by spacing, unless the criminal is under 18. Under 18's are stuck in prison and what happens on their 18th Birthday is anyone's guess. But as a disposalable part of the Ark's population they are the logical choice to test the conditions on Earth.

The Grounders
Not everyone was killed in the nuclear war, and those who survived on the ground adopted a tribal\clan like structure to survive. They are extremely territorial and aren't happy about the new neighbours who landed in their forest.

The Reapers
Very little is known about them, other than they live in caves seem to be more effected by radiation and have a fetish for piercings. They don't play well with others.

The Mountain Men
Even less known about these guys, best guess at this point is that they are survivors of the war who have managed to stay safe inside a large military mountain complex. They possess really advanced technology like, guns with ammunition and gas masks.

Anyway if there's enough interest I can see this working with the players splitting into two groups, The 100 & The Grounders, with the others three groups there just to provide a prod to the story as needed. Also a co-GM might be helpful, so there is one person to look after each main group.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

azzmeister89

Put me down for a hell yes! Only three episodes in myself but i love this show.

mia h

Quote from: azzmeister89 on June 12, 2014, 02:10:56 PM
Put me down for a hell yes! Only three episodes in myself but i love this show.
It definitely exceeds expectations, it's a CW show and their standard formula is attractive young people being very hormonal while performing impossible feats. However there are a few points where they set situations up and you can see the obvious outcome but then they don't do the obvious. And it has done so well that they promoted it so season 2 starts in September and not in January\February

azzmeister89

Estevia

This show is AWESOME, but i didn't know it was a book series too.  I love the character development and the concept is awesome.  I would definitely be interested.
"Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need.
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why!"

mia h

Book 2 is supposed to be out around the same time as Season 2 is aired