Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults - X-Men

Started by Secretwriter, November 28, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shandragontear

*Pokes some* Not to be a bother but uhh... am I a go or no go?

Secretwriter

We don't know yet, all the gms are having real life issues.  Kendra is sick, Adonis is rarely on because of work, and I'm not on as much because of my baby.  Sorry for the wait, please continue to be patient.  :-)

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

grdell

Character:

Code-Name: Glacier
Ethnicity: Caucasian (American mutt)
Sex: Male
Relationship Status: Single, homosexual
Team Affiliation: Xavier
Position at the School: High school junior

Appearance:

Hair: Light brown
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Normal caucasian
Weight: 165 lbs.
Height: 5' 9"
Other: Ethan is a normal-looking, attractive young man with bright eyes and an infectious smile.

Date Of Birth: Dec. 22, 1994 (the winter solstice)
Place Of Birth: Providence, Rhode Island
Citizenship: American

Information:

Personality:

Ethan, in spite of the treatment he gets from his father and oldest brother, remains a cheerful and optimistic person. He's always got a ready smile and a sarcastic remark. He's musically inclined, and always has a tune to hum or whistle. He's flirty and open about his sexuality when in the halls of the school, where he feels safe. He makes friends easily, and is very protective of all of them. He's usually the peacemaker, always trying to make sure everybody gets along.

Background:

Ethan had an absolutely unremarkable childhood. His parents stayed together in upper-middle-class suburbia, his older brothers played tricks on him but protected him from bullies, he had friends and a healthy imagination. Everything looked like it was going to be a completely normal life.

Until only a few years ago. When most boys start feeling the effects of puberty, they go through physical changes they can't understand but which can be explained to them. But Ethan, in addition to all of the normal hormonal problems, was ill far more often than his peers. And unlike his friends, who would get hot with fever when they were ill, Ethan would get cold. Nothing the doctors could do seemed to help him, and in some cases, only made him colder. His parents worried that he may die - especially when he started affecting the air around himself. They would walk into his room and it was like walking into a refrigerator.

It was only because he couldn't control the power that was building in him that he was having so many problems. He felt an almost instinctual urge to make things cold, and when he did, he became cold himself. He learned, very early for a pubescent boy, to control his impulses. Once he stopped exercising this strange ability of his, he began to get better.

He wanted to go back to school, but it was quite obvious that he wasn't "normal" anymore, and the only school he could attend would be Professor Xavier's.

In addition to the problems associated with his mutation showing up at puberty, something else emerged then, too. Ethan realized he was gay. With his father and oldest brother distancing themselves from him already because of the mutation, he didn't think he could come out to them, and wondered if he would have to live a lie for the rest of his life. But his brother Chris, fascinated by Ethan's mutant powers, actually became closer to him, and Chris is the only one that knows that Ethan is gay. Chris is fine with it, but also understands that neither dad nor Shaun would accpet it on top of the mutant thing, so it's a secret between just them.

Mother:
Name: Elizabeth Murphy
Race: Human

Elizabeth writes and illustrates children's books that she sells at the local Barnes & Noble. She also has readings of her own and other author's children's books at the library three days a week. She loves all her sons equally, and has no problems with Ethan's mutation.

Father:
Name: Dr. Travis Murphy
Race: Human

Travis is a G.P. at a moderately successful independent practice in Crasnton - just South of the city of Providence. He is something of an old-fashioned father figure, just a bit lost in the twenty-first century. He still doesn't quite know how to cope with his youngest son's "special abilities." He is a little colder to Ethan than to the other boys.

Other Relatives: Ethan is the youngest of three boys, and the only mutant in the family. His older brothers are Shaun Murphy (23 - studying medicine at Johns Hopkins University) and Christopher Murphy (20 - college student at the University of Rhode Island, majoring in communications). Shaun, much like his father, is concerned that the fact that his brother is a mutant might reflect poorly on him and hinder his career, and so is not on good terms with Ethan. Chris, on the other hand, thinks that his brother's powers are really cool and the two are very close.

Powers:
Major: Ethan can control cold and create ice at will from the moisture in the air. He can shape it as he wishes as it forms. He can fire blasts of cold from his hands, freezing anything that gets in the way.

Power Limitations:
Major: Ethan has an unusual susceptibility to his own powers. He is no more immune to the effects of cold than an average human, and using his powers causes him to become more cold the more he uses them. He could literally kill himself from hypothermia if he overuses them. He usually always bundles up in many layers of clothing, even on warm days, as he is usually almost always a little bit cold.

Hobbies and Interests:
Ethan loves music of all kinds. He plays the piano and sings - if a little off-key - enthusiastically. He enjoys summer sports, such as volleyball, when he can get out in the heat and work up a sweat, which he rarely does otherwise. He almost never goes swimming, however - water's cooling effects are no friend to him. He enjoys reading, and especially likes horror & fantasy - he worships Clive Barker.

OOC Ons and Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=36224.msg1860136#msg1860136
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

Kendra

Hi grdell,

thank you for posting your app sheet.
We do have a few 'ice manipulators' but as we've had a few gamers leave I am in the process of cleaning up our biography thread
so please bear with us while the GMs sort through these to see if your abilities will be acceptable.

We are also only down to two GMs at present and we both work different time zones and are usually very busy, so do appreciate your patience.

;)

grdell

Quote from: Kendra on June 01, 2011, 03:35:00 AM
Hi grdell,

thank you for posting your app sheet.
We do have a few 'ice manipulators' but as we've had a few gamers leave I am in the process of cleaning up our biography thread
so please bear with us while the GMs sort through these to see if your abilities will be acceptable.

We are also only down to two GMs at present and we both work different time zones and are usually very busy, so do appreciate your patience.

;)

I'm a patient guy - don't worry about me.

I'm a long-time superhero RP player - I've made so many characters I could make one up with just about any power set you may need to round things out. If ice doesn't end up fitting well, tell me what does and I'll come up with something no problem. I just really wanted to toss my hat in the ring more than anything.
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

Kendra

for reasons I don't even begin to comprehend I bypassed the previous bios without even seeing them.
My apologies Orpheus and Shandragontear

Orpheus you have the thumbs up from me - please just await approval from Secretwriter.
As Adonis is MIA due to real life issues, we'll reduce the approval process for now down to two GMs.

Shandragontear - I love her appearance, the whole fish like aspect. The only concern I have is the ability too...
Quote... control the nerve cells in others to a small degree by placing her hands on them.

other members won't like any one tampering with their characters like this, it would be in a sense  'godmoding' style powers, so you'd have agree with a person what you intend to do prior to doing it.
Minor abilities are also only two per character and a major you have listed ...

* major - fish  like ability in water
*minor - electroreception
*minor - unusual physical strength
*minor - powerful sense of smell
*minor - adrenalin rush connected to blood

can you narrow the minors down to two and we can review again.
I'm fine with your major ability.

Grdell we're thrilled for you to want to join the game - and as there is a canon character with ice manipulating abilities and another character in the game with ice creating abilities we do appreciate that you are willing to take on a different power set.

will try to get a list up of what powers we have so far... here is the link -- to the biography page
and this --- is the link to the inactive characters - you can take ideas from this listing
and these are the powers we under no circumstances allow :)

• Time Travel
  • Mind Control
  • Invincibility
  • Long Term Invisibility
  • Anything that would cause instant death, i.e. Death Touches
  • Ability to completely paralyze someone for extended periods of time, or over 15 mins without GM permission.  This one could be fun to play in the right contexts, but it would need to be plotted out.
  • Immortality
  • Powers cloned or obviously combined from Canon characters - this will be studied case by case. We'd rather someone play a canon than just blatantly rip one off.
  • Superdupermegastrength - the ability to lift tall buildings with one finger.  Mashing cars up and using them as basketballs.
  • The ability to turn into food - Cause seriously, there's always the one time someone turns themselves into a corn dog and the ending is never pretty.
  • Unapproved magical items.
  • Reality manipulation.
  • Cosmic Entities.

hope this helps  ;D

apologies again that you've been kept waiting longer than usual but thanks for bearing with us.