Deus Ex: Monstergirl Revolution

Started by ShadowFox89, February 06, 2013, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on February 17, 2013, 01:21:04 PM
I'd be for that...except I don't know any terminal diseases that a nice girl like Lindy would get, barring random stuff like cancer or some sort of genetic thing that doesn't manifest until adulthood.

Give her lung cancer or something. It doesn't have to be creative.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

Leukemia?  Leukemia's still uncurable, right?

ShadowFox89

The process to cure it is so expensive that only the very rich can afford it. Or they get cybernetic lungs.

Comparatively, the monster-girl process can be done by a back alley doctor with access to the right equipment. The side effect is an increased libido though.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 17, 2013, 01:23:29 PMSo he would had clarified with OphaniCorp the exact specifics about their relationship. She is not legally his slave as by law she is free human being and have free rights like any monster girl. But their sexual relationship is sub slave with dom master and they live in such lifestyle by freedom of choice (he choosing live by it to keep Belle happy and Belle choosing not view herself have any value as free monster girl).

I'd be alright with this. Because of her inability to express her emotions, the only way that Belle can really show anyone that she cares about them is to show them by doing things for them, which tends to result in most of her relationships seeming more like servant/master relationships than friendships. And since she has the increased libido typical of monstergirls, this causes difficulty in her relationships when her affection grows to the point where she is willing to submit to them sexually as well as socially. So she does it of her own will; she knows that while working for OC she has the same legal rights as a human, she just doesn't act anything like most humans.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, will work with that then :). My char would try slowly work her see more self-value in herself in more subtler ways (reward his pet and slave and appreciate her exchistence and try showcase her importance etc). So perhaps someday she would show some own feelings and opinions and he would encourage those moments to blossom if any.

But overall they are kind of 'couple' who has master and slave relationship and he had explained that he is not 'exploiting' her weakness or such. As Belle had been interviewed as well and seen she truly thinks herself as slave and so better for her that she has kind master than abusive one.

Anyways I take the setting is modern but with just sorcery/magic mixed in?

ShadowFox89

A bit into the future, a little over a hundred years. Full body cyborgs, genetic alterations (monster girls), flying cars, and realistic holograms are all possible. As are lasers and all that goodness.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

So possible there is laser tech handguns and laser blades? Just thinking statitics for those things and costs if any :P. Also how hacking or security jinxing is done and under what skill? Or can sorcery work (like Knock spell example) open electric security doors?

Just thinking how much Shadowrun setting sort situation we are running here.

ShadowFox89

Look through how Legend equipment is done :P

If you want a laser blade, take the Sage path that gives you an energy sword. Hacking is covered under Larceny.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

Question: making custom magic (/high tech) items with Legend seems pretty easy/fluid, so are we encouraged to do that, or just use the premade ones?

ShadowFox89

You are encourage to create a high tech item if you wish.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Datawych

Updated my character sheet with my items. If there's a problem with any of them, please let me know. My goal is to allow Belle to keep her allies safe, which she can do using lifelink and the healing from her magelock revolver/offensive spells, or using her defensive spells to heal them directly.

Sethala

I'm planning out items for my character now, and not quite sure what I want.  Since she's a catgirl rogue, I thought it might be fitting to use her claws as her weapon, using implants to justify extra bonuses from being "magic".  Or I might go with a more mundane weapon.  The Wildborn racial track does give me a natural weapon in the first circle (Melee, [Brutal 2], [Reacting]), so I might just stick with that unless someone else can give me a really awesome idea.

Sethala

So, I found an official (but not necessarily final) list of updates for 1.0, for class tracks: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1al7zT48phX6ahQcl9shKzuGXUFTgoud1EnhxRcVj5CE/edit?pli=1

Shadow, mind if I use the updated Assassin track?

ShadowFox89

Go for it. Hopefully this means v1 is close.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Datawych

Quote from: Sethala on February 18, 2013, 12:06:07 PM
So, I found an official (but not necessarily final) list of updates for 1.0, for class tracks: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1al7zT48phX6ahQcl9shKzuGXUFTgoud1EnhxRcVj5CE/edit?pli=1

Sweet, buff to Dread Wave and Hammerfall's AoE sizes. ;D

ShadowFox89

Still waiting to see sheets from Reiji and Zaer.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

I will do the sheet soon as I can, it's just that I am busy with school project which I need finished on thursday and it's massive -_-. Need read and type how many computers per contestant needs in massive event, read said contest last year end report for details and top of that visit my school website to read study material for the future projects which start hammer down in next month or so (this assignment is meant as graduation exam for datanome and with luck I may graduate 2 months earlier than rest from my class thanks earlier studies covering last 4 months completely off).

If curious I am working as staff member for Taitaja Kisat 2013. A major local contest between young profession students showcase their expertise and get medals (and most importantly; 100% quaranteed paid job once they graduate because there is heavy emphasis on expertise demand on students who attend in contest).

Sethala

So, for magic items, I'm going to use a custom greater weapon with Dancing (I can take two 5-foot steps in a turn instead of just one) and Energized (deal 4 extra electric damage on a hit), applying them to my natural attack from the Wildborn track.  I'm also going to use Streamlined armor as a lesser item, giving me +10 feet movement, but I need a second lesser item.  I didn't really see any that were very appealing, aside from giving me +2 to a stat, which is nice but kinda boring.  Any suggestions on what else I could use?

Also, since I'm using a natural weapon, I can still have a normal weapon equipped and get the benefits from both weapons (from both normal weapon properties, as well as magical properties, although most of them require I actually hit with the weapon in question to activate).  It's intended as part of what makes natural weapons worthwhile, but I can't really think of much theme behind it.

Zaer Darkwail

Name: Sir Renzo Shadevar

Race: Human

Background: Renzo, eversince his childhood he had got odd ability manipulate and control shadows around him. He was a orphan who lived in streets and was discovered by OphaniCorp agent who saw a child creating toys out from shadowstuff. He was recruited and raised by OphaniCorp's Orphan Foundation program. He was raised in facility along with rare few other kids, he was taught on organization ideals, goals and protocols. Overall he became a strict devoted agent of organization goals over time and quite charismatic and talented in using his shadow conjuration abilities to create tools and weapons whenever he need them. Not to mention his skills in diplomacy (and few aggressive negotiations) is noteworthy.

By organization's goals in mind Renzo had created image that good and justice is to seek egualisize rights of monster girls and remove them from second citizen status and improve their condittion in present society which shuns them and treats them like trash or worse. Treating them nothing more than freaks or sexual purposes. True that first generations were created specifically for that purpose but life has gone on and the monster girls should be seen with more egual to human women. Also if he discovers monster girls in distress, he will seek liberate them and send them to places where they have better life.

By his organizatin creed most his life is devoted to company and his goals, he cannot leave the company at all and it is part to all those raised by Orphan Foundation. He leaves company only in bodybag. Secondly his creed also dictates that he cannot never marry nor have relationship with human women nor men, as orphan foundation secondary goal was to make 'companions' for monster girls and human presentatives to help them adapt and adjust to society.

Because of this and his life where he mostly operated as solo agent he was then assigned as companion to one monster girls.....to Belle. She is unique case where whatever trauma she received upon transformation and after, she is completely submissive and refuses to adapt present expected social standard. So taking more unique approach Renzo had declared their relationship sexually active and one where they live full time as master and slave by both sided consent despite company's goal to drive people viewing monster girls as slave race. He reasons that if she cannot adapt then very least she will be attached as long term companion to him and hope she someday grows independant through slowly encouraging and growing her self-worth. If not, then achieve company's goal in simplest term; make Belle happy. As anyway forcing her live independly makes things worse and miserable for her and she seems genuinely happy with having a master to serve.

Company accepted this reasoning, but more than once Renzo had to explain himself to few colleaques who do not know his and Belle's situation which had led to some unintended confusions or suspicion company is hypocrite.

Mechanics

Character Mechanic Stuff
Class: Paladin (Judgement, Vigilante and Bastion tracks)

HP: 107

Speed: 40'ft (50'ft Vigilante armor on)

STR 15, DEX 12, CON 14, INT 13, WIS 13, CHA 15
Rounded, changed and level based bonuses to;

STR 16 [KOM]
DEX 14 [Ability 2]
CON 14
INT 12
WIS 12
CHA 20 [KDM] [Ability 1] [Racial +2]

Armor Class: 24 (25 with shadow sword)
Awareness: 21
Saves: Fort+12, Ref+8, Will+14
Immunities: Fear, Sickened (no need food/water)
BAB: +10/+5 [+1 racial]

Class Features: Knowing (30'ft), Mercy (1xencounter block 18pts dmg), Grace, Vigilante Armor (stats below), Brutal Kick, Shield (25'ft), Gauntlet

Feats:  Sun Grows Dim (racial), Shadow Blink, My Shadow Grows Long, Charm

Skills: Acrobatics+8, Bluff+11, Diplomacy+11, Intimidate+11, Perception+11

Items:
Shadow Dagger (made via Sun Grows Dim): Range: [Melee], 1d6+3, [Hold-Out], [Quick Draw], [Random Quality]
Vigilante Armor: [Light], [Lesser Item], [Streamlined]
Brutal Kick: Range: [Melee/Close], 1d6+13, 2x[Brutal], [Magnum, -3 DR]
Shadow Sword Range: [Melee/Close], 1d6+5, [Brutal], [Guardian], [Scything], [Magnum, -3 DR] [Greater Item], [Extradimensional], [Sophisticated]
Night Vision (Small Totem)
Tactical Field HUD Bracer (Map of the Master Strategist)

ReijiTabibito

89, are we definitely using the changes from that Misc Track doc that Sethala posted?  Do we need to?

ShadowFox89

You don't need to, but that's the stuff that's going to be in the new version, so you'll have to eventually.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Well, still waiting comment on about questions I had about chargen and any comments on my charsheet?

ShadowFox89

Full buy in means you gain the 1st circle and 2nd circle of a 4th track by multiclass, which can be from any other class or any non-racial track.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, but main question is that as 6th level do I have 'circles' only from Judgement line. Or can I have additional circles (like from track placed into Devotion spot and third track placed into Oaths).

Example; have tracks Judgement, Bastion and Vigilante (I thinked get Vigilante as my normal tracks via a feat) progressions same time? So that Judgement track is fast progressing one while Bastion is second quickest and Vigilante is slowest.

This above I was not sure what was the case (or is it universally only single track always). Anyways can I trade circle options gained via Full Buy-in for additional 'random' weapon features? So instead one self-selected feature I can choose 3 for my weapon? I was thinking that my guy depends entirely on his shadow crafting to get self-tailored weapons which can grow potent enough over time create relic quality weapons created from imagination.

If wanting some anime reference for how power could work; similar conjuring like Archer and Shirō Emiya from Fate Stay Night. I thinked get Vigilante track just for first circle ability alone to get custom tailored armor suit (which for thematic purpose could be created by Renzo's ability to conjure items and homonculi with shadows).