News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Winter is Coming...

Started by Rhapsody, April 01, 2012, 04:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Two weeks from now..!!!

(literally - the Polish premiere is on April 1st)

Can't wait!!!

Formless

10 episodes only ... I'll be sure to savor them.

And as soon as this season is done , Dexter will be about to premier ...

It's all good.

bubby

*Passes out from sheer excitement*

Formless

Sunday has already started here ...

Do they offer a season bundle download after its concluded?

Avis habilis

If Disney were producing the show:

Beorning

Speaking of What-Ifs... here's what the show would be like, if it was made in 1995:

Game of Thrones - 1995 Style

Anyway, how did everyone like the first episode?

Lilias

It was okay. Bronn is growing into a bit of a favourite. ;D

I missed Davos' ramblings on his rock. I know they are practically unfilmable, but they are what makes that entire section.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Beorning

One thing that definitely disappointed me was that they didn't show the battle with the undead on the Fist of the First Men. It was a chilling sequence and they cut all of it...

I don't understand it, really - Walking Dead shows that fighting zombies is doable in TV. It certainly isn't more complicated than doing giants...

Lilias

They did one, at least. ;)

I would have liked the exchange between Jon and Mance Rayder to be like in the book. It wouldn't take more than another minute or so, it's all words - and so much more powerful words.

Also, I just noticed the episode title. Unrelated much?
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Formless

I didn't watch the episode ...

A episode a week isn't enoguh for my " Game of thrones Fix " ...

Sigh ... guess I'll wait for 3 months till I can watch it all ...

Lilias

'Valar Dohaeris'. Yes, it links back to the last episode of season 2, 'Valar Morghulis', but, at least so far, either of those phrases is only linked to Arya, who was not there.
~Wendell Berry

jouzinka

Uf... folks, am I the only one for whom is getting watching the show increasingly difficult without gritting teeth and taking stops for deep breaths? :(
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Remiel

Since I had read the books, and hence, knew what was going to happen at the Red Wedding, it was almost better and worse at the same time.   It was worse because every scene of merriment and joy (such as when Talisa and Robb shared a tender moment talking about their unborn child) was marked with dread, but it was better because--well, basically because I knew what was coming and so could temper my expectations.

However, I think it's fucked up how Arya was allowed to come so very, very close to reuniting with her mother and brother before having it all pulled away.   This was definitely a TV adaptation twist that I didn't see coming.

Polymorph

It's been many years since I read the first few books in the series. I remember though just how shocked I was by the red wedding. I had thought the main story was Robb and his fight to avenge his father's death and was expecting a marriage and then a march on Casterly rock. At least this time around watching the series and knowing what was coming I was not left shellshocked by the sudden plot twist.

Lilias

Sigh. One more episode to go, another nice bump-up to the body count, and then we'll have to wait another year or so for the next season. :-\
~Wendell Berry

Stella

Quote from: Remiel on June 03, 2013, 12:06:40 PM
However, I think it's fucked up how Arya was allowed to come so very, very close to reuniting with her mother and brother before having it all pulled away.   This was definitely a TV adaptation twist that I didn't see coming.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but have read the books. I remember Arya is outside when it's happening ... doesn't she run toward the keep as it's unfolding, and the Hound knocks her out to prevent her from getting killed? She came even closer than that in the show?! Omfg not sure I can handle watching that. O_O

Rogue

Quote from: Remiel on June 03, 2013, 12:06:40 PM
Since I had read the books, and hence, knew what was going to happen at the Red Wedding, it was almost better and worse at the same time.   It was worse because every scene of merriment and joy (such as when Talisa and Robb shared a tender moment talking about their unborn child) was marked with dread, but it was better because--well, basically because I knew what was coming and so could temper my expectations.

Um... that was in the books. Maybe not quite as close, but Arya was ridiculously close to getting back with Robb and Catelyn. I don't know if she saw Grey Wind or not, but she had to be knocked out and dragged away from the battle by the Hound.

Polymorph

Walked into the office today and my manager and another guy were talking.

"Wow I just didn't see that coming that's the second time now that I thought someone was the main hero of the story and they just got killed off."

"Yes, I'm starting to get wary about liking anyone because it seems anyone can get killed out of the blue."

"That scene though I was just staring at the TV going WTF."

I really had to bite my lip, because it's a pretty sure bet where this series will end now.

Oniya

Quote from: Polymorph on June 04, 2013, 11:55:36 AM
"Yes, I'm starting to get wary about liking anyone because it seems anyone can get killed out of the blue."

That about sums up the books, from what I hear.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Formless

Hence why George Martin is my favorite Author. No one is safe.

But watching that scene was a different experience form the books I'll admit.

bubby

Just finished reading Dance With Dragons again, and got pissed all over again because I forgot even MORE of my fav characters die. PLUS the remembrance that it's been 2 years since Dance, and I'm in desperate need of Winds to come out!

Plus my lip as well is pretty sore from chewing it to not yell at the tv about " BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED!, because all in all they're doing a good job with the series.

Beorning

I have yet to watch the last episode. I'm curious how they executed the Red Wedding...

I remember that, when I read that particular scene in the book, I was literally shellshocked. I was all like "I didn't really happen, right?"... I *could* wrap my head around the idea of Robb getting killed - I actually started suspecting something bad may happen to him, as the issue of the succession was brought up shortly before Robb visited the Freys. But killing off *Catelyn*? That was completely unexpected.

Overall, there are three totally astounding and extremely memorable scenes in Storm of Swords. The first was Daenerys burning down Astapor. The second one is the Red Wedding. The third one... is what happens in the epilogue. I don't dare spoiling *that*!  ;D