Thinking of running again: D&D, or Maid? [Humanoid Bondage/Consensual]

Started by kongming, August 01, 2011, 06:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Cohort questions for Kong:

Are cohorts eligible for Tome and Tome-ized feats? I was going to 'brew a Amazing Craftsman feat for my jackmonkey, but such lowly individuals might not deserve being that awesome.

Second - I sorta snuck around the 'female characters preferred' element with an asexual jack character - would you prefer I make up for this by having a legitimately female Wrench Wench for a cohort? Said cohort will end up being my avatar any time the party goes somewhere a warjack won't fit, so it's not unlikely that I'll be playing him/her as often as I do Steve.

Kunoichi

Quote from: SomeGuy on August 18, 2011, 07:53:08 PM
Aw, I liked the picture I had of a dragon sleeping on their pile of gold.... after it was loaded onto a wagon and was being pulled around the countryside. If we meet anyone traveling it would have been great.

It is a hilarious mental image, true, but from what I've read, the thing to keep in mind for Iron Kingdoms is that anything even marginally related to dragons is basically an eldritch horror that wants to eat your face.  Heck, one of the factions in the wargame is basically a legion of dragonblighted creatures that were all corrupted and brought under the control of a single dragon named Everblight. ^^; If I go around openly displaying my draconic nature, we're basically going to get an army dropped on us, and we aren't exactly at the level where we can directly take on entire armies yet.

Hence the custom feat that lets me still fight reasonably well while disguised.  As a super-strong fighter who can morph out claws, scales, and so on to fight with, I'll basically be seen as more of a curiosity than a threat.

SomeGuy

Quote from: Kunoichi on August 19, 2011, 04:04:57 PM
It is a hilarious mental image, true, but from what I've read, the thing to keep in mind for Iron Kingdoms is that anything even marginally related to dragons is basically an eldritch horror that wants to eat your face.

I know, that's half the fun.  ;D

I do acknowledge it would probably be a bad idea, but I knew that when I suggested it.

frost rose

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 19, 2011, 11:09:32 AM
Second - I sorta snuck around the 'female characters preferred' element with an asexual jack character - would you prefer I make up for this by having a legitimately female Wrench Wench for a cohort? Said cohort will end up being my avatar any time the party goes somewhere a warjack won't fit, so it's not unlikely that I'll be playing him/her as often as I do Steve.

If kongming's okay with this, I'll point out that with me playing a (part time) whore, and a wrench wench around, we'll be aiming to round out the steam punk female character cliche trifecta, just needing a gentlelady adventurer.

The idea meets with my approval.
There was a SIGNATURE here.

It's gone now.

Miyu

Kunoichi

Miyu

I would join if I knew how to do a 3.5 d&d char sheet lol or even have the books lol

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: frost rose on August 19, 2011, 05:09:23 PM
If kongming's okay with this, I'll point out that with me playing a (part time) whore, and a wrench wench around, we'll be aiming to round out the steam punk female character cliche trifecta, just needing a gentlelady adventurer.

The idea meets with my approval.

I think Someguy's Warcaster will qualify for a 'gentlelady adventurer' in all likelihood. Unless she's just Allister Caine with boobs.

Ixy

I've PMed a Swashbuckler/Rogue type to Kongming for the Iron Kingdoms game.  If she approves, I look forward to playing with you guys, some of you again and some for the first time.

TheGlyphstone

That'd make a 4-"person" party, plus any cohorts we're dragging around, right? Someguy's Caster, Kunoichi's dragonling, my 'Jack, and your swashbuckler?

Kunoichi

Sounds about right. ^^ Plus anyone else who expressed interest earlier on and decide to join up, and minus anyone kongming doesn't approve.

SomeGuy

How'd you manage to forget frost rose? She posted and specifically mentioned her character less then 10 posts ago.

frost rose

Quote from: SomeGuy on August 22, 2011, 01:31:45 AM
How'd you manage to forget frost rose? She posted and specifically mentioned her character less then 10 posts ago.

You are my favourite person.

<3
There was a SIGNATURE here.

It's gone now.

TheGlyphstone

I have no idea. Herp derp.

Let's get me a gigantic feathered hat and coat my armor plates in gold leaf, so I can be the pimpbot of the party.

SomeGuy

TheGlyphstone

SomeGuy

Warcasters can telepathically control Warjacks.  :P

More like "what have you been doing for that warjack to be 'dressed' like that?"

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: SomeGuy on August 22, 2011, 09:55:18 AM
Warcasters can telepathically control Warjacks.  :P

More like "what have you been doing for that warjack to be 'dressed' like that?"

You see 'awkward', I see 'hilarious'.

I wonder if Kong will let me communicate via Morse Code, since sign language would be a bit difficult using warjack hands/fists.

Kunoichi

TheGlyphstone

Warjacks can't speak. And if I'm venting steam to 'speak' binary, I might as well use Morse code.

kongming

Right. Good news for you all - I'm going to start looking over the character ideas and decide who is in. Then character sheets can be finalised and we can get this journey started!
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Kunoichi

My character sheet's actually almost finalized, already. ^^; Like I said earlier, though:

QuoteNice. ;D Now all I need to do is make sure I'm understanding the magic item rules properly, and that my choices aren't illegal...

Quote3 Minor Magic Items:
+1/3 to Charisma per character level
+1/3 to Dexterity per character level
+1/3 to Strength per character level

2 Moderate Magic Items:
+1/3 to Constitution per character level + Sustenance
+1/3 to Saves per character level + Mind Shielding

...And then other than that, I'm wondering how to transport the rest of the coinage in goods that I'm allowed as actual coins (dragons need a treasure hoard, after all).  I'm thinking just an extra-dimensional storage of some sort, but I'm not sure if a bag of holding, or even just a handy haversack, will count as one of my allotted magic items.

TheGlyphstone

Well, that makes one thing easier - if I don't get in the game, I won't need to stat up my cohort and so the questions I asked will be moot.

kongming

Kunoichi: that is correct, regarding the magic items. As for a Handy Haversack, I'm afraid not - extraplanar storage space etc. is crazy rare in IK, so you'll need to work out a way for excess baggage to be carried when you guys are adventuring.

TheGlyphstone: I don't actually mind which way you go for your cohort. It's totally up to you. As for whether they can take Tome feats, I'm going to say yes. I may regret this later, but then again, with enemies also having access to them (for [Combat] and [Skill] feats, only enemies with class levels, otherwise it gets weird where some things are CR 4 but have 9 HD and thus have +9 BAB and 12 max ranks), it should work out fine.

Anyway, here is the list of those who have been accepted (not that hard - one messaged me to indicate she was dropping out):
The Glyphstone (Warjack and Friend)
Ixy (Swashbuckling Troublemaker)
Frost Rose (Illusionist-Adventuress)
Kunoichi (Dragon)
Some Guy (Warcaster)
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515