Not really a problem, But I guess this would go here. Question about Mozilla.

Started by Wolfy, June 14, 2010, 10:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Is there anyway to Copy my existing Firefox on this computer (Bookmarks, Password Data, Etc, etc) over to another computer?..I plan to get a new computer this fall, and I was wondering if there would be anyway to do this.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Well, is there anyway to just copy the entire thing and put it on the new computer?

Yes. There's a folder in app data somewhere that can be lifted out. I haven't used Firefox in a long time, so I'm not sure exactly where it is.

Wolfy

Well yeah, I want to copy over my Add-ons and stuff too. o-o

Also, branching off of that, is there anyway to do the same thing for WoW?...

Cybrewaste

Quote from: Wolfy on June 15, 2010, 12:15:48 AM

Also, branching off of that, is there anyway to do the same thing for WoW?...

WoW Doesn't use any registry keys, so you can transport the World of Warcraft folder as you please.

Saves a lot of time, rather than installing and re-downloading on a new computer to keep a backup of the folder somewhere.
Need a new RP? Swing by my RP request thread

Check out my Ons and Offs!

Haven't received a reply and you're not sure why? There may be a reason! [Updated - 30/6/15 AEST ]

Posts owed: [6/7]

Haibane

Quote from: Wolfy on June 15, 2010, 12:15:48 AM
Karma's right. I use WinXP still so if you are on whatever that new fangled OS is I can't help you but for XP it is all in one folder called Mozilla/Firefox in Application Data under the user profiles. Just copy and paste.

Blitzy

Look for Xmarks on your FireFox. That's what I used when I switched to my new computer. It worked perfectly. :D
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Wolfy

Cybrewaste

You could also use an open source alternative like http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

Which you would use to backup on your first computer and restore on the second, save having to find the profile yourself.
Need a new RP? Swing by my RP request thread

Check out my Ons and Offs!

Haven't received a reply and you're not sure why? There may be a reason! [Updated - 30/6/15 AEST ]

Posts owed: [6/7]

Wolfy

Quote from: Cybrewaste on June 21, 2010, 02:23:09 AM
You could also use an open source alternative like http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

Which you would use to backup on your first computer and restore on the second, save having to find the profile yourself.

Hmm..it won't let me connect. O_o

Keiro

Dropbox.com

Totally sexy app. Been using it for a year now. I use their current free 2GB plan.
Thoughts of a Deaf SysAdmin

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to...

Want to see my O/Os? Check My Roleplay Preferences. :3

Tharic

Hey Wolfy, use FEBE (Firefox Environment Backup Extension) it's a free addon for FF and works fantastic. I use to it to keep my home & work firefox in sync, very easy.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2109/