[D&D 5e] Planar Supernatural School For Gifted Adventurers [Closed for now!]

Started by Blythe, October 14, 2015, 05:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 18, 2015, 11:37:31 PM
Offer of a Co-GM still stands. Gives me an excuse to not actually start up a new game.... though I'm still planning on working on a new setting on top of the one I recently posted >.>

I've hit my stride at the moment--when I need a co-GM (I don't doubt it with a game of this size that I will eventually), I'll shoot you a PM with what all I need. ^^

Bibliophilia

Vyran Ferax

Background: Vyran's parents were humble vintners with a few acres of good land planted with several varieties of hearty vines.  They never wanted to compete with the fancy brands of wine sold by more ambitious merchants, preferring to make good wine for a fair price and sell it to common folk like themselves.  Their three children helped them produce their wines, and tend the honey bees that they kept.  The bees made the honey they used to make their mead, and pollinated the fruit trees and bushes that they cultivated around the vines.

Their fourth child was born at mid-day beneath a summer sun with the sound of bees and scent of crushed grapes on the air.  The shock of golden locks and shining silver eyes was a surprise, but the child was so appealing they decided that the odd features must have been a sign of blessing.  He grew strong and beautiful as he aged, proving not to be the brightest of children, and quite restless when anyone attempted to teach him anything that didn't involve getting his hands dirty.  Still, he had a great sense of adventure, vivid imagination and a deep, abiding love of anything natural or wild.  His skill with the plants surpassed even that of his mother and father before long.

One afternoon, while working in the fields, removing weeds from the paths between the vines and looking forward to dinner and watching the sunset over the distant mountains, Vyran had a transcendent experience.  He's not sure why the celestial being chose that moment to appear to him, or what it was, besides incredibly bright and awe-inspiring, but one moment he was busy digging up a particularly stubborn, thorny weed, and the next he was on his ass with his arm thrown over his face and his heart thrumming alarmingly fast in his breast.  A blinding, beautiful golden light was all around him, shining through him, or so it seemed, and a voice as cool as a river and as musical as the breeze through silver chimes told him that he was the descendant of a celestial being, and it was his destiny to do great things.

He barely recalled what the being had said after it disappeared as suddenly as it had appeared, but it left him with equal amounts of excitement and trepidation.  He was destined for great things.  He shared the blood of angels!  The thought of not living up to that kind of potential was terrifying, but the idea of the journey such a quest could take him on was also thrilling.  Others in the fields had seen the light, and heard the voice, though they couldn't understand the words, and they rushed to him.  When he explained what had happened, a sense of reverence came over the others, and suddenly he was different...heroic in their eyes, though he had yet to do anything to equal his birthright.

For a few months he remained in the village, doing what he could to prove himself worthy of his heritage, but there was little for a hero to do.  So, his parents petitioned Mezrain Darkstaff for a scholarship for their blessed son, believing the school would be the perfect place for him to develop the skills needed to claim his place as a hero.

Theme Song: 'Cause I'm a Blonde

Blythe

Will put her up for review, but I likely won't approve her tonight--mostly likely tomorrow. ^^ Getting swept up in general posting! ^^

For those pondering interest: Two IC threads have opened. The Special Event thread (this month, that event is Student Orientation), which will be mandatory for all PCs to make at least one post in, and an Elsewhere thread that is not required to be posted in other than for fun and is in game-time a day ahead of Orientation.

We currently have 14 approved sheets. :)

Ryven

I'm thinking about a Goliath.  Either warrior or monk.  Leaning toward monk.

Blythe

Quote from: Ryven on October 19, 2015, 06:21:48 AM
I'm thinking about a Goliath.  Either warrior or monk.  Leaning toward monk.

Melee characters are always welcome--I don't think we have a goliath student yet, either! :)

Ryven

Quote from: Sherlock on October 19, 2015, 06:27:32 AM
Melee characters are always welcome--I don't think we have a goliath student yet, either! :)

I saw.  The student body looks very diverse so far in both classes and races.

Blythe

Quote from: Ryven on October 19, 2015, 06:28:23 AM
I saw.  The student body looks very diverse so far in both classes and races.

*nod* Yep, we've got a good mix so far.

Ryven

Blythe

Quote from: Ryven on October 19, 2015, 12:54:07 PM
Is there still a moratorium on warlocks?

No more moratorium on them. Only one warlock sheet wound up completed, so another warlock is acceptable.

Ryven

Quote from: Sherlock on October 19, 2015, 12:55:55 PM
No more moratorium on them. Only one warlock sheet wound up completed, so another warlock is acceptable.

Woot!  I was going to make a melee type, but as I read through the warlock section, I saw I can have a warlock with a pact to a 'great old one.'  I knew what I had to play then.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ryven

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 19, 2015, 01:02:55 PM
A warlock of Nyartholep?

“Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.”

- H. P. Lovecraft

Sain

If you go human and take the moderately armored feat, you can make a pretty decent melee warlock too once you get Shillelagh cantrip or if you take the weapon.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Ryven

Quote from: Sain on October 19, 2015, 01:08:37 PM
If you go human and take the moderately armored feat, you can make a pretty decent melee warlock too once you get Shillelagh cantrip or if you take the weapon.

I hadn't thought about that.  Thank you!

BAMF

Oooh. And having a goliath student will be fun for my character to play off!
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Chulanowa

Just gonna leave the spread of rolls for a second character here. it's either a dragonborn or minotaur, still flipping coins and rolling ideas.

Blythe

Ryven

Quote from: BAMF on October 19, 2015, 01:56:51 PM
Oooh. And having a goliath student will be fun for my character to play off!

I may not be playing a goliath anymore unless my die rolls go well. Warlocks don't really need strength which is what goliaths are best in.

Premier

I'm keen for this, based on a picture I've wanted to use and a friends recommendation

Piccy

What classes or races should I avoid and I'll piece together something out of what's left! I like a challenge.

Blythe

Right now, based on completed sheets, I'd say avoid Druids. There's no particular race to avoid, although halflings, gnomes, and changelings all require me vetting their concepts before I'll allow it and the former two should not use character images.

Premier

I got my eye towards an Aasimar Sorcerer, though one from a rather Gothic world. So Good Natured, if you can get past the fact the only gods she knew to model off herself are ones that are generally honored with skulls and rituals in the dark woods rather than fancy temples and sunlight.

Blythe

That would be a good race/class combo, yes.

As for that image, I'm going to go ahead and okay it--the size of the hands/general proportions I think should put it at the minimum 18 for embedded images for E.

Mr L

* Mr L steps away from Mass Effect 3 to begin working on his ranger-type person

...Not with this set...

Might just go with the array, not sure actually, no, going with this set, up a point vs the array.

O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Blythe

*thumbs up for Mr L's and Chulanowa's rolls*

For those making sheets who might be worried the monthly plot event staring might leave them behind, I will not update that for another 2-3 days now that it's established, so everyone has time to catch up.

It is possible to still join the game if your character misses Orientation. I have a plan to handle that.

Note for players making 2nd characters: Players making their first character and also IC posting will have priority before I review a person's 2nd character sheet.

Mr L

That's cool, thanks for the heads up Sherlock. :)

I have the race and class figured out, but will be secret! Gotta figure out a name, but that'll come in time.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake