[D&D 5e] Planar Supernatural School For Gifted Adventurers [Closed for now!]

Started by Blythe, October 14, 2015, 05:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Bibliophilia

Therenna is complete, Sherlock!  Thanks for letting me work on her in here.

Blythe

Quote from: Bibliophilia on October 18, 2015, 06:09:14 PM
Therenna is complete, Sherlock!  Thanks for letting me work on her in here.

Reviewing tonight! :)

BAMF

Player:BAMFCharacter Name:Auglok Silentwalker
Class:BarbarianLevel:1
Race:HumanBackground:Outlander
Alignment:CGAge:18
Height:6’1”Weight:195 lbs.
Experience:0 XPDeity:---

~Abilities~
STR17 (+3)[SV+2]DEX15 (+2)CON17 (+3)[SV+2]
INT9 (-1)WIS15 (+2)CHA13 (+1)

HP: 15/15AC:15
Speed:30 ft.Initiative:3
Proficiency Bonus:+2Passive Perception: 14

~Weapons and Magic~
Weapon Attacks

Weapon:Greatsword|Type:Slashing|RangeMelee|Attack Bonus:(+5)|Damage:2d6 (+3)
Weapon:Mace|Type:Bludgeon|RangeMelee|Attack Bonus:(+5)|Damage:1d6 (+3)
|
Spells
Spells? LOL

~Skills, Proficiencies, Items~
Skills

LanguagesCommon,Giant,Draconic
STR
Athletics(+5) (Prof)
DEX
Acrobatics(+2)Sleight of Hand(+2)Stealth:(+2)
INT
Arcana:(-1)History:(-1)Investigation:(-1)Nature:(-1)Religion:(-1)
WIS
Animal Handling:(+2)Insight:(+2)Medicine:(+2)Perception:(+4) (Prof)Survival:(+4) (Prof)
CHA
Deception:(+1)Intimidation:(+3) (Prof)Performance:(+1)Persuasion:(+1)
|
Proficiencies
Tool Proficiencies:Musical instrument
Weapon Proficiencies:Simple weapons, Martial weapons
Armor ProficienciesLight armor, Medium armor, Shields
|
Equipment & Currency
Mace, Greatsword, Backpack,
Bedroll, Mess kit, Tinderbox,
Torches (10), Rations (10 days), Waterskin,
50’ hempen rope, Javelins (4), Staff,
Hunting trap,Trophy from an animal, Traveller’s clothes,

~Currency and Treasure~
10 gp

~Features~
Rage
Can enter a rage as a bonus action. While raging, gain the following benefits as long as not in heavy armor:

• Advantage on Strength checks and Strength SVs
  • When making a melee weapon attack using Strength, gain a +2* bonus to damage.
  • Resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
Lasts 1 minute. Ends if knocked unconscious or if haven’t attacked a hostile creature or taken damage since last turn. Can also end rage as a bonus action.

Once have raged 2* times, must finish a long rest before able to rage again.

*Changes with level ups.
|
Unarmored Defense
While you are not wearing any armor, your AC = 10+Dex+Con. You can use a shield & still gain this benefit.

~Additional~
Background
Background:   Outlander
Origin:Tribal nomad
Personality Traits:I am always picking things up, absentmindedly fiddling with them and sometimes accidentally breaking them. I feel far more comfortable around animals than people.
Ideal:I must earn glory in battle, for myself and my clan.
Bond:My clan, family, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.
Flaw:I remember every insult I have received and nurse a silent resentment towards anyone who’s ever wronged me.
|
History
It was the first day after an ice storm had raged across Ghnul Mount and a crew from the Balvarax tribe of goliaths were doing a sweep of the area. When they came across the small fledgling village of Ayleswin, they found the entire population frozen in their homes. As they looted what they could use, the made a startling discovery: a swaddled human infant still clutched in the arms of its mother.

Alive but barely, the child was returned to the tribe where the elders decided that it could be raised with the other children of this year’s litter. They gave the child a name, Auglok, and proceeded to raise her as they did their other children. When she got older, her littermates mercilessly teased her; she was pale, soft, squishy, and weak. Hoping to foster an attitude of competence in her, the adults did little to discourage them.

Even though she completed her coming of age task with ease, the goliaths still didn’t seem to fully accept her in the clan. She removed the mountain lion’s pelt and slung it over her shoulders as a badge of honor. While the tribe was impressed by the squishy girl’s ability to bring down such a beast on her own, they still treated her with caution.

Auglok took to stomping around the camps, walking with her chest puffed out, shoulders thrown back. Anything to appear bigger and stronger. Even still, the goliaths would bump into her and drop things in her path under the excuses of, “Sorry, didn’t see you there,” “I can’t hear your footfalls,” and “...” They gave her the nickname Silentwalker.

When it came time to go into civilization to barter hides for necessities to survive the winter, Auglok volunteered. Fed up with years of slights and unsuccessful attempts to prove herself, she was glad for the opportunity away. While in town, she overheard strangers speaking of the School for Gifted Adventurers, about how they trained anybody from scholars to monks to wizards to fighters, turning them into competent, gifted adventurers. When a recruit handed her an application, she filled it out eagerly, hoping they could read Giant since it was the only language she could write.
|
Personality
Slow to trust and quick to judge, Auglok is a blend of resentment and pride. Although she feels herself inferior to the goliaths, she sees herself as better than most others. After all, she is stronger, able to survive the cold winters in the mountains, and take down her own dinner. She views most things as a competition and in true goliath fashion, doesn’t understand the differences in social rules around gender. She is female, but doesn’t see this as her gender identity, but her sex and role in the reproductive cycle. Beyond that, it’s meaningless.
|
Appearance
Auglok is tall, blonde, and broad. Her weight is due to thick musculature rather than fat content. In her usual garb of a pair of leather leggings, a bustier with a bare midriff and the lion pelt across her shoulders as a short cape, she poses an intimidating figure. Scars criss cross her abdomen and run up and down both arms. There’s even a scar across an eyebrow, and another that catches her upper lip enough to give her a permanent scowl. Though she is blonde and blue-eyed, this is one chick you do not want to mess with.
| |
Misc Notes

Woot! Auglok is done!
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Blythe

Will review sheet over in World building tonight. :)

Ryven

Blythe

Quote from: Ryven on October 18, 2015, 07:09:09 PM
Still accepting peeps for this? >.>

Yep! Working on starting IC threads at the moment, so I may be slow to review new sheets, but yes. ^^

BAMF

..How many are we at now? Not counting the extra one that I'm gonna submit here soonish I hope. Once he figures out who he is. He's having an identity crisis.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Ryven

Quote from: Sherlock on October 18, 2015, 07:12:01 PM
Yep! Working on starting IC threads at the moment, so I may be slow to review new sheets, but yes. ^^

Does anyone have a link to an electronic copy of the 5e handbook?  I probably wont be able to make a character until later in the week, but I am interested.

Blythe

Quote from: BAMF on October 18, 2015, 07:13:43 PM
..How many are we at now? Not counting the extra one that I'm gonna submit here soonish I hope. Once he figures out who he is. He's having an identity crisis.

11 approved, 2 more pending.

Quote from: Ryven on October 18, 2015, 07:16:11 PM
Does anyone have a link to an electronic copy of the 5e handbook?  I probably wont be able to make a character until later in the week, but I am interested.

Later in the week is fine.

Legal link to basic rules from Wizards of the Coast.

Mr L

I might be considering a second character. Probably some kind of dude-type person who hits on anything with two legs <.<; maybe a ranger, dunno, if BAMFy wants a ranger, I'll think of something else.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

FarFetched

Alright, I've gone and thought up a pretty odd character. Here's to hoping it fits!

Player:FarFetchedCharacter Name:Charles Grimley
Class:Disney Villain DruidLevel:1
Race:HumanBackground:"Noble"
Alignment:Chaotic NeutralAge:18
Height:5'8Weight:140 lbs
Experience:0Deity:Locust

~Abilities~
STR7 (-1)DEX14 (+2)CON15 (+2)
INT13 (+1)WIS16 (+3)CHA10 (+0)

HP: 10/10AC:15
Speed:6Initiative:+2
Proficiency Bonus:+2Passive Perception:14

~Weapons and Magic~
Weapon Attacks

Weapon:ScimitarType:SlashingRange:MeleeAttack Bonus: (+4)Damage:1d6
|
Spells

Spellcasting Ability:WisdomSpell Save DC:13 (8+2+3) Spell Attack Bonus:+5 (+2[Prof] +3[Wis])

Cantrip:Druidcraft

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous

Whispering to the spirits of nature, you create one of the following effects within range:

You create a tiny, harmless sensory effect that predicts what the weather will be at your location for the next 24 hours. The effect might manifest as a golden orb for clear skies, a cloud for rain, falling snowflakes for snow, and so on. This effect persists for 1 round.

You instantly make a flower blossom, a seed pod open, or a leaf bud bloom.

You create an instantaneous, harmless sensory effect, such as falling leaves, a puff of wind, the sound of a small animal, or the faint odor of skunk. The effect must fit in a 5-foot cube.

You instantly light or snuff out a candle, a torch, or a small campfire.
|
Cantrip: Thorn Whip

Components: V, S, M (the stem o f a plant with thorns)
Duration: Instantaneous

You create a long, vine-like whip covered in thorns that lashes out at your command toward a creature in range. Make a melee spell attack against the target. If the attack hits, the creature takes 1d6 piercing damage, and if the creature is Large or smaller, you pull the creature up to 10 feet closer to you.

This spell’s damage increases by 1d6 w hen you reach 5th level (2d6), 11th level (3d6), and 17th level (4d6).

Level 1: Thunderwave

Range: Self (15-foot cube)
Components: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous A wave of thunderous force sweeps out from you. Each creature in a 15-foot cube originating from you must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 2d8 thunder damage and is pushed 10 feet away from you. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage and isn’t pushed. In addition, unsecured objects that are completely within the area of effect are automatically pushed 10 feet away from you by the spell’s effect, and the spell emits a thunderous boom audible out to 300 feet.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.
|
Level 1: Animal Friendship

Components: V, S, M (a morsel o f food)
Duration: 24 hours

This spell lets you convince a beast that you mean it no harm. Choose a beast that you can see within range. It must see and hear you. If the beast’s Intelligence is 4 or higher, the spell fails. Otherwise, the beast must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or be charmed by you for the spell’s duration. If you or one of your companions harms the target, the spells ends. At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot o f 2nd level or higher, you can affect one additional beast for each slot level above 1st.

~Skills, Proficiencies, Items~
Skills

LanguagesCommon,Sylvan
STR
Athletics(-1)
DEX
Acrobatics(+2)Sleight of Hand(+2)Stealth:(+2)
INT
Arcana:(+1)History:(+1)Investigation:(+1)Nature:(+4)(Prof)Religion:(+1)
WIS
Animal Handling:(+5)(Prof)Insight:(+3)Medicine:(+3)Perception:(+3)Survival:(+Stuff)
CHA
Deception:(+0)Intimidation:(+0)Performance:(+0)Persuasion:(+0)
|
Proficiencies
Tool Proficiencies:Herbalism Kit,
Weapon Proficiencies:Clubs, Daggers, Darts, Javelins, Maces,
Quarterstaffs, Scimitars, Sickles, Slings & Spears
Armor ProficienciesLight Armor, Medium Armor, Shields
|
Equipment & Currency

Faded Fine Clothing, Dingy Scroll of Pedigree, Wooden Signet Ring,
Leather Armor, Explorer's Pack, Saddle,
Rotting Totem (druidic focus), Wooden Shield, Rusty Scimitar (1d6, Finesse, light),
Sickly Donkey

~Currency and Treasure~
25GP

~Features~
Position Of "Privilege"
Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member o f the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a local noble if you need to.
|
Druidic
You know Druidic, the secret language of druids. You can speak the language and use it to leave hidden messages. You and others who know this language automatically spot such a message. Others spot the message’s presence with a successful DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check but can’t decipher it without magic.

~Additional~
Background

Charles was often picked on as a kid. His father was a Noble, whose failed merchant exploits had reduced his family's treasury from one of stunning opulence, to barely getting by. Charles always had appeared sickly, and that made him the focus of quite a lot of bullying.

Especially from Jenkins Anderson.

One fateful evening, Jenkins Anderson chased young Charles out into the swampland outside their village. Charles tripped on a root hidden beneath a bog, and fell headlong into the mud. His hand brushed something. It seemed like a stick of some sort- rotting; filled with holes. When the bully found him, Charles panicked, and whacked him with the rotting stick. Charles himself claimed that it almost glowed for a moment.

It didn't do anything...

At first.

Jenkins proceeded to beat young Charles up, leaving him beaten and bruised in the mire. That very night though... something happened to Jenkins. By morning, red beetles were found everywhere in his room. Jenkin's face was swollen, and bulging with eggs laid by the insects that very night. The boy was permanently, and horrible disfigured, and word of Charles's involvement with it began to spread around town. Most kids, and even some full-grown adults tended to leave him alone after that. It was the beginning of Charles's obsession with bugs, vermin, and Locust.

As Charles's attunement with the swamp grew, unrest began to settle in the town. In the end, his obsession proved too much for them. The local lord visited Charles's father, and demanded that he be sent away. Charles was furious, but could do nothing. With a small amount of aid from the Lord, his father had him sent to a boarding school in a nearby city. Upon arrival, Charles found himself drawn to the city's feted sewers, as if some force were calling him. It was there that he met cultists of the god Locust, who recognized Charles for his gifts, and claimed he was blessed. While Charles pursued an education in the city above, the Locust Cult took young Charles under their wing, and taught him their ways.

Years later, Charles is a devout follower of the Cult of the Locust. Shrines to the lesser god can be found in many large human cities across the planes, hidden in sewer systems. The cult of the Locust promotes complete and total equality among all creatures, from man to insect. Their mantra:"The sewers are made for our kind, filthy tunnels for a filthy race. The rats and snakes and bugs are our equals, embrace our sisters."

Recently, Charles had finally convinced his father to use what paltry fortune that may have been left in his family to fund his attendance at SGA. He dreams of having Locust's will be done, bringing equality to all things.
|
Mannerisms & Appearence
Charles Grimlee is a rather sinister slip of a man, with a pale complexion and furtive eyes. Every inch of him screams an unhealthy obsession with the occult, bugs, and spirits in general. His hair is long, straight, and pitch black. His clothes tend towards royal purple and look similar to a noble's, though in reality they're just shoddy knockoffs.  His speaking is rather faint, and his words are spoken ominous whispers in a slightly falsetto tone.

Charles is strangely unphased by most things he encounters, tending to disregard bigger events for the smallest things, like a bug he may see crawling on a wall. Even more oddly, and perhaps because of his Diety, Bugs seem to collect around Charles wherever he goes. He doesn't seem to mind. It all adds up to a very unsettling atmosphere around the young man.

Despite this unsettling continence, it's not uncommon for Charles to look out for the little guy when he can. Even though he is, strictly speaking, a "noble," he has a large dislike for the wealthy- in particular those who were born into money

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Bibliophilia

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

FarFetched

Blythe

Blythe

Bibliophilia

Blythe

FarFetched's sheet is now approved!

That being said--FatFetched, you are short 3 1st level spells. PM me which other 3 you want, and I'll add them to your list of prepped spells.

FarFetched

Ah! Wonderful. I just sent you them and a course list.

Blythe

Quote from: FarFetched on October 18, 2015, 10:57:38 PM
Ah! Wonderful. I just sent you them and a course list.

Great! ^^

Since you're approved, feel free to hop into the OOC whenever you like.  And that goes for anyone approved that didn't previously catch that I'd approved them--the approved player list is visible in the 2nd post of the OOC. 8-)

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Sherlock on October 18, 2015, 07:12:01 PM

Offer of a Co-GM still stands. Gives me an excuse to not actually start up a new game.... though I'm still planning on working on a new setting on top of the one I recently posted >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A