[D&D 5e] Planar Supernatural School For Gifted Adventurers [Closed for now!]

Started by Blythe, October 14, 2015, 05:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

GM Announcement:

I have been talking with a few people about a co-GM. Mostly I need a co-GM to fact check sheets during chargen and help me keep organized. They will not handle any IC events. After some deliberation and looking over who all volunteered and what I needed specifically--which was someone to keep me organized, I am happy to say that SGA has a co-GM.

Say howdy to BAMF, SGA's co-GM.

What they handle:
* Character sheets should now be submitted to BAMF for review and approval, and if BAMF approves them, they will post that on my behalf over in the World Building thread. If BAMF asks you to fix something or feels the sheet isn't going to work, please take direction from them about what to fix.
* Character schedules should now be submitted to BAMF.

Mr L

First off, congrats to BAMFy!

Second, to whom would be making said edits, I've decided I want Bianca's height to be bumped down to 5 ft even.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Blythe

Quote from: Mr L on October 19, 2015, 10:38:31 PM
First off, congrats to BAMFy!

Second, to whom would be making said edits, I've decided I want Bianca's height to be bumped down to 5 ft even.

Any sheets posted by me will require me to edit them. If your sheet was posted by me, PM me with any edits. I'll bump Bianca's height down. :)

I can edit what BAMF posts in World Buiding, but for any future sheets posted by BAMF, contact them about edits.

Ryven

Quote from: Sherlock on October 19, 2015, 07:15:39 PM
That would be a good race/class combo, yes.

As for that image, I'm going to go ahead and okay it--the size of the hands/general proportions I think should put it at the minimum 18 for embedded images for E.

Where are the rules for Aasimar located?  I didn't see them in either of the resources you put in the character generation post.

Blythe

Quote from: Ryven on October 19, 2015, 10:42:02 PM
Where are the rules for Aasimar located?  I didn't see them in either of the resources you put in the character generation post.

It's in the DM's book. Will PM you Aasimar racial stats.

Mr L

Quote from: Sherlock on October 19, 2015, 10:40:35 PM
Any sheets posted by me will require me to edit them. If your sheet was posted by me, PM me with any edits. I'll bump Bianca's height down. :)

I can edit what BAMF posts in World Buiding, but for any future sheets posted by BAMF, contact them about edits.

Okay, thanks for the clarification! Thankies :) I should see if 130 lbs at 5' for a woman is bigger than what she is in my head <.<;

BAMF

Right! I'm a competent person! People want me to slave, perform favors, work for them!

I'm happy to be a sheet-checker & help Mr. DM keep his head on straight. :P

Wait. We didn't discuss a salary...
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

BAMF

And Strangefate's second character, Vorn, is approved!

Couple of things:
- You were short an HP, so I bumped that up. Disregard!
- Your short swords do piercing damage rather than slashing. Have changed this.
- You're missing a deity. Let me/Sherlock know if you want to change that or not.
- You're also missing your Origin for your Outlander background. Again, let me or Sherlock know if you want one edited in.
- Let me know if there's anything else wonky.

Edit: I swear, I'll stop editing this post eventually.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Premier

Is Favored Soul allowed? Since it makes a lot more sense for someone of Divine Blood than Dragon!

Blythe

Quote from: Premier on October 20, 2015, 04:12:24 AM
Is Favored Soul allowed? Since it makes a lot more sense for someone of Divine Blood than Dragon!

Tentatively will allow. Never had one in a game before, never read the class before tonight, though. I know it's in Modifying Classes of Unearthed Arcana, and after a peek, it looks solid enough.

Ryven

Die Rolls to be Used for my Character

I'm hoping to have time this evening to work on him.  If not, tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Bibliophilia

Premier

Dynion

Character Picture

Background:

A pale sun hangs high over the world whose many gods hide in the shadows cast by the suns faint light, driven to the edges of civilization by Manoreth, the one true god who rules over all those who wish to live in the safety of the world's great cities.

Dynion was born out in the edges of that world, where life is hard and the great gods protection in short supply. A place that only heretics and the outcast would go, some gamble their chances with the fearful gods of the of forests and the lakes who still have any trust left in the world of men. Dynion's family found safety with the Blackbird Mother who hid in Triley Wood, who in return from her protection from the monsters locked outside the city walls, asked only that the dead be given to her once their lives had been spent.

The small community that live in Triley Wood name their young on the same day they hand over those that have passed on and Dynion was born on that day with fiery orange eyes that shone as bright as the fires lit to commemorate the occasion. Seen as touched by the Blackbird Mother herself, what passed for her religion took her as an omen. The Blackbird Mother offered no opinion on this.

Raised to be a priestess she took well to the role even at an early age, calm and honest when brought personal problems and as kind to those who sought the churches help as she could be. As she grew older she led the churches ceremonies where they accepted the passing of those taken by a cruel world and rejoiced instead in the sparks of life they'd left behind. Life and Death to her had nothing to be feared in them, fear lay only in refusing to accept your role in either.

On her nineteenth birthday the magic set in and she had difficulty controlling it. Wild and untempered, the school offered her the chance to tame it and with nowhere else to go but her forest she seized upon the chance hopeful by the time she returned she'd be far better suited to dealing with her world and maybe even getting a word of praise from the Blackbird Mother, who'd never spoken to her, not once.

Premier

And Attribute rolls!

6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14

Yeah I think I'll use that array thanks.

Mr L

Can reroll if you'd like, most of us had better stat blocks and could reroll them.

Though only one reroll is allowed, if set #2 sucks, then standard array :P

Premier

Well I won't say no to a Do-over so here goes!

7, 8, 10, 13, 15, 16

Well not amazing but yeah I guess I'll go with that. Dump stats ho.

Mr L

Quote from: Premier on October 20, 2015, 01:03:54 PM
Well I won't say no to a Do-over so here goes!

7, 8, 10, 13, 15, 16

Well not amazing but yeah I guess I'll go with that. Dump stats ho.

While the 13/15/16 aren't bad, I think the standard is still better for you :/ but then there might be a bit about getting extra exp because you're working with a worse stat block, not sure.

Strangefate

Quote from: BAMF on October 20, 2015, 01:54:09 AM
And Strangefate's second character, Vorn, is approved!

Couple of things:
- You were short an HP, so I bumped that up. Disregard!

Every time someone offers my chars something nice they take it back!  :P

- Your short swords do piercing damage rather than slashing. Have changed this.
- You're missing a deity. Let me/Sherlock know if you want to change that or not.

I think I’ll leave it unspecified for now actually since he's yet to learn any spells at lvl 1.

- You're also missing your Origin for your Outlander background. Again, let me or Sherlock know if you want one edited in.

Origin is Forester.  I mentioned it in the bio but forgot to add it in.  In my defense that chart is on the opposite page from all the other ones in the PH so, I mean, how can I be expected to look at two pages at once.  That’s a lot.  ;)

Quote from: Bibliophilia on October 20, 2015, 10:50:06 AM
Yay!  I like Vorn...-grins.-  This is going to be amusing.

Aw, thanks!  And our chars are roomies, should be fun!  :-)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

BAMF

Hello, adventurers!

To-Do:

• Finish post for Auglok
  • Review Mr L's second sheet
  • Review TheFourthShade's second sheet
  • Finish up second character
  • Be awesome.

I dropped Vorn's Origin in for you, Strangefate. :-)
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Mr L

Quote from: BAMF on October 20, 2015, 03:08:18 PM
Hello, adventurers!

To-Do:

• Finish post for Auglok
  • Finish up second character
  • Be awesome.

I dropped Vorn's Origin in for you, Strangefate. :-)

Fixed that for ya ;)

Chulanowa

Hmmm. I'm going for a big doofy character from a Proud Warrior Race Guy culture, but who doesn't quite "fit." I'm torn between Dragonborn or Minotaur, and looking at rogue, cleric, and bard.

It's this kinda thing that makes me miss the plethora of classes in 3.p  ;D

Premier

BAMF

Thank you, Premier! :-)

I'm kinda slow to get going today folks, but I'll try to get to y'all as soon as I can.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Premier

BAMF

To-Do:

• Finish posts for Auglok
  • Review Premier's sheet Awaiting reply PM
  • Finish up my second character
  • Be awesome.

I've sent Premier a PM with some questions. Time to poke at Mr L's sheet!
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«