[Dragonsong] High Fantasy Adventure - Dragons & Riders - (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, July 05, 2016, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincelyPup

Coolio,  I'm in California too.  Near LA actually.  So like.... 6 hours under you,  lol.  But don't worry,  I like being under.  😘
Lol.

Wispyr

Quote from: Cerevan on July 07, 2016, 01:14:28 AM
FUCKING SHIT GODDAMN FUCK WISPYR.
>.>

<.<

I <3 you?

Awesome guys! We're super glad to see so much interest in the game! I wasn't around much yesterday and I probably won't be again today... However I will probably tackle a bunch of the stuff on our to do list:

Map of Havashi
Timeline of Aelsia
Blurbs and finished racial information
Details of the 'Dragon Rider' bond
...Something else that I can't remember right now and Elysian has noted somewhere.

My hope is to get all of that stuff done by the end of the day anyway... So there should be lots of great information still to come for everyone to play around with. We want to continue to hold recruitment open for a little while to see whom else we suck lure in with interest; however we're going to start talking about the actual size today (we're almost at 20 interested) we want to handle and start working on figuring all of that out.

There was a question yesterday that I know Elysian addressed but I wanted to follow up on for those that were concerned - the one about pre-game pairs and story and what not:

When building any game and looking to tell any story it's important to decide what story you're looking to tell. The story of Aelsia is, obviously, quite large and very expansive; we had a myriad of different options whilst building the world. There was a time when we considered telling the story of the Dragonsong Covenant Civil War; we considered telling the story of the Founding War as well; we also considered telling a very different story about how Galvose became a nation and looking into its current state.

The point here is that we considered what story we wanted to tell, and when we finally came to a conclusion we wanted to tell this story, the epic adventure of the dragon riders return to the spotlight after nearly a century of scorn-driven exile - in a time when being a Dragon Rider means you are the enemy to all, it is only you who has the true power to stop the rising tide of darkness that threatens this land.

While there were a number of ways we could have approached this, I decided that focusing on the actual bonding point of the rider and dragon - while absolutely important - was not the part of the story that I wanted to focus on. With a number of groups under my belt now that have started 'before the adventure', so to speak, I know just how long that process can take to establish and move past; there's every likelihood that the entire game would end up revolving around 'rider meets dragon, they explore bond and become familiar with one another'. Which is no doubt something awesome and fun, but it detracts from the rest of the story that I would love to share with everyone. So by going the route we have, we've opened a lot of doors that help me as a story teller. If exploring that initial bond is something that is important to you as a player, then you can find a like minded player and play a rider who only very recently acquired their dragon. While this doesn't let you actually explore the moment of finding (but we may allow for a history thread so that may be moot anyway) the dragon and bonding, it would allow you to still relish in that newness without feeling "pre-paired". If you want to play a more experienced rider, this lets you do that as well (so not everyone need be novices... Cause some people just don't wanna do that).

Largely what I'm getting at is, I feel, taking the approach I did will let people develop their characters in a more diverse way; while it does unfortunately draw attention away from a major event in a characters life, it lets us focus on a more cohesive and grand tale of these people coming together and looking at the world and taking a stance on things... and then acting on that stance. So the only thing that I as a storyteller need is for people to have that bond of rider plus dragon already in play. I don't expect (or even necessarily want) backstory driven romances involved - but that's also outside the purview of my 'authority', I'm not going to deny writers from playing what feels good to them, so if they want to... Go for it - just understand that it is not expected and absolutely need not be the normal.

Aiyanna

I hate you for making another dragon based group game....

I second Cerevan's sentiment.

But...please?

*wonders if she can drag over her dragon from Eternium, pretty please?* Obvious, editing to be done on history, powers, etc, but I'd like to keep the same dragon image and face claim.
When you message me, please use the same message thread every time.
Ideas
O/o's

Wispyr

Quote from: Aiyanna on July 07, 2016, 09:52:04 AM
I hate you for making another dragon based group game....

I second Cerevan's sentiment.
That's a funny way to spell 'love'... >.>

Quote from: Aiyanna on July 07, 2016, 09:52:04 AM
*wonders if she can drag over her dragon from Eternium, pretty please?* Obvious, editing to be done on history, powers, etc, but I'd like to keep the same dragon image and face claim.
With the appropriate changes, that should be fine?

Aiyanna

Quote from: Wispyr on July 07, 2016, 10:17:17 AM
That's a funny way to spell 'love'... >.>
With the appropriate changes, that should be fine?

WOOT! *snags Miss Mosh and this lovely little dragon creature*

Elf dragon, by the way, and if we end up needing riders, I can change her to an elf rider. (take that however your dirty little minds like)
Ideas
O/o's

Amarlo

Btw, Elysian, you put me on the wrong list! I'm playing a dragon to Wispyr's rider. :P

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Flower

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Cerevan

Flower

Amelita

Bookmarking this.

Not sure what I want, but it will have the face of Derek Theler.

I think.

-flail-

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Aiyanna

Quote from: Amelita on July 07, 2016, 01:10:03 PM
Bookmarking this.

I think.

-flail-

If that's for a rider, I didn't bring a friend, so I would be happy to work with you.
Ideas
O/o's

Amelita

I may actually have another idea, it's brewing.

If I keep Derek face and make him a rider I shall see if you still need a buddy!  ;D Thanks for that!

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Aiyanna

Quote from: Amelita on July 07, 2016, 01:32:30 PM
I may actually have another idea, it's brewing.

If I keep Derek face and make him a rider I shall see if you still need a buddy!  ;D Thanks for that!

Sounds good!
Ideas
O/o's

Wispyr

Updated info post with this... But wanted to quickly drop it off.

With Labels

Couple quick points for reference

Dwindur was Dwarven controlled lands - it currently belongs to the An'guash Horde.
An'fasl is a really dreadful swampland, and is where there Founding War largely took place.
Isandis is the largest single collection of Elves in all of Havashi and rarely are non-elves permitted to enter. Silaas is controlled, largely, by the elves, but usually in regions as there is no unified Elven empire, like Galvose.
The named mountains are - were? - important Dragon sites; breeding grounds, collection centers, sacred sites etc.
Mount Vehlen is revered sacred location by pretty much everyone.
Meskis is a land more harsh and inhospitable then An'guash and little is known about it in general - it is not where the darkness from the Founding War came from.

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Aida Rose on July 07, 2016, 01:01:46 AM
Tsuunade and I aren't paired up.
Quote from: Tsuunade on July 07, 2016, 01:02:12 AM
This is true.
My apologies. I know that it had been mentioned and there had been no correction in this. I will change it on the list!

Quote from: Amarlo on July 07, 2016, 12:14:08 PM
Btw, Elysian, you put me on the wrong list! I'm playing a dragon to Wispyr's rider. :P
Yeah, I had forgot to update that when I was transferring my lists over. >_<

Quote from: Flower on July 07, 2016, 12:38:32 PM
Claiming Isha Blaaker. Paired with Cerevan.
Quote from: Cerevan on July 07, 2016, 12:49:54 PM
Claiming Emily Rudd as a rider. Paired w/Flowaaaah.  >:)
Quote from: Amelita on July 07, 2016, 01:10:03 PM
Bookmarking this.

I think.

-flail-
All noted.

Quote from: Flower on July 07, 2016, 12:54:35 PM
And what a rider she'll be.  ::)   >:)

-hums Ginuwine Pony-
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT NOW I HAVE TO LISTEN TO THIS.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Tsuunade on July 07, 2016, 12:38:45 AM
No idea who she is, but I will be using her as a face-claim.
I can't seem to find a name for her. However as I used that picture as a FC before, she looks incredibly similar to Jayme Langford, if that helps. :)

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

Elysian Radiance

This is the list of unpaired players we have at the moment. If you still don't have a partner, I would suggest taking a look at this list and PMing someone to try and work out something. Again, keep in mind that you DO NOT have to be romantically/sexually involved with each other. Since we seem to have more dragons than riders, the two that I have marked with asterisks have stated that they can swap to riders if need be. This may be the case, as we have double the dragons to riders.

Riders
Tsuunade
VioletPanda
Thorne

Dragons
Aida Rose
Skyre
Alcandre
Aribeth**
Relikai
Aiyanna**

Amelita

Quote from: Tsuunade on July 07, 2016, 12:38:45 AM
No idea who she is, but I will be using her as a face-claim.

Oh. I've seen her before.

-thinks-

Nadezhda Neyasova

Also, tentatively withdrawing Derek Theler claim.

Claiming Channing Tatum for a dragon, paired with Flower.

Wispyr

The timeline of Aelsia is here. Updated in info post and dropped here for you. Ready to field questions if anyone has them about map / time...

The timeline details mostly the big story post events with a couple smaller ones for points of context. Will be expanded upon as needed (same with map!)

Timeline of Aelsia

PW:124:YoB - The Elves Meiandra, Halost & Noroc found Isandis.
PW:217:YoD - Kulaxin is born.
PW:1789:YoD - Mara Kaxal discovers her bond with the dragon Kulaxin.
PW:1798:YoP - The first whispers of the darkness begin to spread, and Mara begins to seek them out.
PW:1800:YoB - Mara recruits the Elf Tythandis, and together they begin to rally an army.
PW:1801:YoD - Mara & Tythandis recruit the Dwarf Kaand Burlik and his clan. Later that year they recruit the Orc Dahlgur. The Founding War begins in full force.
PW:1803:YoK - With Kulaxin's help, Tythandis, Kaand & Dahlgur all find they too are dragon bound, and find their companions.
PW:1814:YoK - The Founding War is brought to an end as the forces of Havashi drive the last remnants of the evil from the land.
PW:1815:YoB - The four Dragon Riders come together and form the Dragonsong Covenant, and begin to seek out others like them and enabling the golden age of Dragon Riders. The Second Age begins.
PW:1907:YoK - Galvose I founds the city Ba Nu Rahl and establishes the Galvose empire.
PW:6914:YoP - Atlan Moore begins to divide the Dragonsong Covenant.
PW:6918:YoP - The Dragonsong Civil War takes place.
PW:6919:YoK - The Dragonsong Covenant is claimed by Atlan Moore and the Dragonsong War begins.
PW:6927:YoK - The mage Meok Kalisgar kills Atlan Moore and ends the Dragonsong War.
PW:6931:YoD - Meok casts the great Dragon Stone spell, ending all riders and all but vanishing Dragon's from the world.
AW:39:YoB - Draekyn and his rider Saidrym take up residence in the long abandon Wyrmshrine.
AW:57:YoP - The An'guash Horde lays turns its forces loose Dwindur.
AW:59:YoK - Dwindur is finally captured in whole and completely cut off from Galvose allies. The An'guash leader Kurlis turns his attention on Galvose, and the rest of Havashi.
AW:62:YoP - Draekyn & Saidrym send out the mystical call to the other Dragon Riders of Havashi to meet at the Wyrmshrine for a summit.

PrincelyPup

So we should have already found our bond mate and hear the call to begin the Rp? Then post of our journey to the wyrmshrine?

Hazy Sky

I'm thinking Geoffrey Holder for my face claim please.

Also I know that there are no character sheets or anything yet, but as I'm still looking for a rider I thought I'd post my work so far on my character.
Work in progress
It is said by some that Dragons come to resemble the lands from which they were hatched. It is perhaps not surprising that a dragon hatched deep in the heart of a trackless bottomless swamp is dull and black in appearance. Although if you look more closely dull greens and browns are also in evidence. He has developed the ability to breathe noxious, choking fumes rather than searing flames due to the presence of inflammable swamp gases that are constantly released from the indescribable foulness of the vast and bottomless morass. Plus toasting a valuable meal does nothing but lose valuable nutrition.
Whilst he is a good flier, particularly at low level, he is also a surprisingly good swimmer. He wraps his wings tight around his body and swims with the aid of his powerful sinuous tail and the webbing that extends between the claws on each foot.

He takes on a human form which reflects his dragon form in many ways. His dark skin is daubed with crude paint and sigils and marked with many small scars. When he does so he is often blunt and rude with little or no respect for authority other than his own. His knowledge of human language is limited, mostly due to limited contact, his age and the way that humans speak having changed significantly in the intervening period since he first encountered them. His knowledge of human customs and etiquette is similarly sketchy. In short whilst he might appear human, he is unlikely to convince most humans that is one when put under any kind of scrutiny in a social situation. Then again he doesn't exactly care what humans think of him.  He has been known to eat them and has a fairly muddled view of them as whole as a result.

Abilities.
He has become an ambush predator and his abilities are tailored to reflect this. 

Fog.
Drawing upon the essence of his far away home be blankets the area in a thick, muffling fog that smothers sound and obscures vision. Any wind drops causing the fog to linger and scents to become harder to track.

Shadow strike.
He unleashes an unpredictable powerful magic endured lunge with tooth or claw with an extended range.

Venomous bite.
He envenoms both tooth and claw so that his next successful blow will slow and weaken his enemy or prey.

Taint of the swamp.
The scent of the swamp clings to his enemy or prey. He will be able to track them more easily.

Decoy.
A sudden noise, a flicker of movement seen out of the corner of the eye, even a shadowy foe lunging at them.  Something serves to distract his enemy or prey momentarily.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Wispyr

Quote from: Daemon0110 on July 07, 2016, 03:39:55 PM
So we should have already found our bond mate and hear the call to begin the Rp? Then post of our journey to the wyrmshrine?
Yes. Characters will have already found their bond mate; they will have heard the call, and they will have - for whatever reason, up to the players - decide to answer it.

Game play will actually begin at the Wyrmshrine - we'll probably allow for a little bit of time for some people who want to post as just arriving or otherwise. But the "opening scene" will be the summit that was called - or just shortly before it.

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Daemon0110 on July 07, 2016, 03:39:55 PM
Yes, that is correct.

Quote from: skyre on July 07, 2016, 03:40:23 PM
I'm thinking Geoffrey Holder for my face claim please.

Also I know that there are no character sheets or anything yet, but as I'm still looking for a rider I thought I'd post my work so far on my character.
Work in progress
It is said by some that Dragons come to resemble the lands from which they were hatched. It is perhaps not surprising that a dragon hatched deep in the heart of a trackless bottomless swamp is dull and black in appearance. Although if you look more closely dull greens and browns are also in evidence. He has developed the ability to breathe noxious, choking fumes rather than searing flames due to the presence of inflammable swamp gases that are constantly released from the indescribable foulness of the vast and bottomless morass. Plus toasting a valuable meal does nothing but lose valuable nutrition.
Whilst he is a good flier, particularly at low level, he is also a surprisingly good swimmer. He wraps his wings tight around his body and swims with the aid of his powerful sinuous tail and the webbing that extends between the claws on each foot.

He takes on a human form which reflects his dragon form in many ways. His dark skin is daubed with crude paint and sigils and marked with many small scars. When he does so he is often blunt and rude with little or no respect for authority other than his own. His knowledge of human language is limited, mostly due to limited contact, his age and the way that humans speak having changed significantly in the intervening period since he first encountered them. His knowledge of human customs and etiquette is similarly sketchy. In short whilst he might appear human, he is unlikely to convince most humans that is one when put under any kind of scrutiny in a social situation. Then again he doesn't exactly care what humans think of him.  He has been known to eat them and has a fairly muddled view of them as whole as a result.

Abilities.
He has become an ambush predator and his abilities are tailored to reflect this. 

Fog.
Drawing upon the essence of his far away home be blankets the area in a thick, muffling fog that smothers sound and obscures vision. Any wind drops causing the fog to linger and scents to become harder to track.

Shadow strike.
He unleashes an unpredictable powerful magic endured lunge with tooth or claw with an extended range.

Venomous bite.
He envenoms both tooth and claw so that his next successful blow will slow and weaken his enemy or prey.

Taint of the swamp.
The scent of the swamp clings to his enemy or prey. He will be able to track them more easily.

Decoy.
A sudden noise, a flicker of movement seen out of the corner of the eye, even a shadowy foe lunging at them.  Something serves to distract his enemy or prey momentarily.
FC noted.

PrincelyPup

Okay,  sounds good.  Do we have an eta on character sheets?  I still needed to hammer out the details of my power set and thing as well.  Who should I talk to, if I have questions on powers?