Unofficial Start to Summer in America

Started by CriminalMindsFan, May 22, 2015, 10:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CriminalMindsFan

This weekend being Memorial Day weekend here in America has the label of being the unofficial start to summer. How do you like your hot dog or hamburger, if you eat hot dog or hamburger wherever you are located?

I like my burger with cheese and anything else is just a bonus while on my hot dog just ketchup is enough for me most of the time. I also like a side of fries with both. LOL

Kurzyk

Hotdog with mustard and saurkraut, and burger with or without cheese, with ketchup and onions.  :D

eBadger

I'm doing the paleo thing, so my burger will be on a couple lettuce leaves...which was odd at first, but I've gotten pretty used to wraps and such now.  Add some good wasabi cheddar (I'm not a perfect paleo....) and some bbq sauce, smother the thing in cooked mushrooms and onions, and life is pretty much complete. 

Oniya

Quote from: eBadger on May 22, 2015, 11:30:26 AM
I'm doing the paleo thing, so my burger will be on a couple lettuce leaves...which was odd at first, but I've gotten pretty used to wraps and such now.  Add some good wasabi cheddar (I'm not a perfect paleo....) and some bbq sauce, smother the thing in cooked mushrooms and onions, and life is pretty much complete.

I seem to recall that cheese was discovered when an ancient traveler carried milk in a gut bag (fairly common for liquids in pre-industrial societies, as the gut has no 'seams' to leak).  Wasabi is just ground root - so you could argue it.

As for me - a burger with lettuce (crisp), tomato, onion (chopped or rings, just not the dehydrated stuff), ketchup, mustard, and relish.  Hot dog with either ketchup, mustard and relish or chili, cheese, and onion.

And sweet potato fries are the bomb.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17