Interest check: Changeling, The Dreaming (oWoD or freeform)

Started by Annie, April 25, 2012, 12:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

I wonder why we have so few games using the amazing scenario of the World of Darkness (both), here on E. Well, trying to change that a little, I created this thread to check how many players would be interested in a roleplay using the Changeling: The Dreaming scenario. One of the most beautiful of the oWoD, in my humble opinion. Well, Mage: The Ascension is amazing too, but Changeling have a special place in my heart. ;P

We can use the system or make this one a freeform, either way is fine to me. About the plot, I just had a small idea: our characters still had to pass throught the crysalis, and later they will be adopted by a Seelie motley. This way we could introduce players to the world of the Dreaming in a better way, and we won't have to rely on people that is necessarily acquainted with the scenario and its rules. Discover a new world through the eyes of your character could be challenging and rewarding. Of course, all of this can be discussed.

The problem is: given that we have enough players to start a game, I really lack the confidence to GM this one. So, if a good soul want to take the GM role, I would be really grateful.

If you don't know the scenario, check this quick introduction. I'm a bit rusty about it, but I think I can answer some questions too.

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

AndyZ

Could be interested but I don't know Dreaming nearly well enough to GM it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Annie

Wow, I didn't expect to get a answer that fast! Let's see if a GM appears, AndyZ. If no one apply for the role, I can try to GM it. Hope that it won't be needed, though.

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Kolbrandr

I'd love to play Changeling, it's pretty much my favourite OWoD game (well, tied with VtM), and one of my favourites just generally. Though with that said, it's probably better to say upfront that I honestly sort of loathe freeform at this point after a few efforts to try it, and I'd really prefer to play with a range to be something past the chrysalis so as to have a backstory that lets me weave the setting into my concept some.

Annie

Well, as I said, nothing is decided yet. Nevertheless, welcome aboard, Kolbrandr.

SeriousMoonlight

I'm a big fan of oWoD, but I've never gotten a chance to play Changeling. I'd love to try it out if this gets enough players, though!
Hello, I'm Moon!
My preferred pronouns are they/them/their/theirs/themself! Thank you!
ONs and OFFs + Request Thread

Annie

Hi, SeriousMoonlight! I really do hope we get enough players. Do you already know the scenario or just have a slight idea what is about?

SeriousMoonlight

I know about the scenario, yes - I did a lot of research on it but I never managed to end up actually playing a game with anyone. I could probably use a bit of a mini refresher course, though, so I'll re-download my PDFs of the Changeling books if this gets enough people (which I hope it does!).
Hello, I'm Moon!
My preferred pronouns are they/them/their/theirs/themself! Thank you!
ONs and OFFs + Request Thread

Marie Reynolds

Ohh old word  changeling. Would this be an unseelie  friendly game?

Annie

Marie, right now I'm looking for players and, I hope so, a GM. If I end GMing this, I think I will use the unseliee court only as antagonists. Maybe we could have some players in a unseliee motley (oposed to the main group, perhaps), but I think it's too early to discuss these things. Let's see if we can arrange this GM, first. ^^

Muse

*Pounce!* 

Annie, you're beautiful for remembering that amazing game!  Please count me in if you can find a GM. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Annie

coolhands

This sounds pretty neat.  Is there source material i cam read to better understamd it.

Marie Reynolds

Alright cool ill just draft another concept in case and be ready for which ever one would be prefered ill most likely be on either one playing Clurichan. besides i would love to have another unseelie become a hero to a Seelie freehold it would be hilarious.

Annie

Coolhands, yes, the core rulebook is the best source for you. A bit big, but it´s a fun reading nevertheless, in my opinion.

Marie, I don´t know much about the other kiths besides the ones in the core book. Once, I read something about the selkies, but it was long time ago. Guess I need to take that rust off. You do seems to know a lot about the game, Marie. Are you sure you don´t want to GM it? ;P

Marie Reynolds

I'm already planing a 7 th sea game and with me being in the navy I would not want to step into that role and not provide the game the proper attention it would deserve as an st

Marie Reynolds

I would be wiling to act as an assistant to help hour with support on Kith and lore

Annie

Thank you, Marie. Your help will be very appreciated. ^^

Wargtass

Sadly Changeling is the game I am the least familiar with in good old World of Darkness. I am a total oWoD freak but I know the ins and out of Mummy: the Resurrection better than I know Changelings. I do, however, have the core book for the Dreaming, so I'll have a look at it tomorrow and see if I'd be drawn in by it.

If you have any questions about the other parts of oWoD, don't hesitate to ask!
O/O

Annie

Elias

If there is any spots left I would love to rp here, I adore Changeling and have a Satyr who I fell in love with but never got the chance to fully blossom on another game.

Wargtass

I'd say playing Sluagh of the Unseelie would be a bunch of fun. Someone pretty much invisible to society, but quite out there around other changelings... yes, I might have to delve deeper into the lore to find out more about these brokers of secrets and lores. Give me another 24.

Edit: Oh snaaap, that kinda rhymed! Gotta get out of here!
O/O

Annie

Elias, we do have some spots free, of course! And, any of you, if you want to GM this one, just raise your hand! ^^

Elias