The Elder Scrolls: Brothers at War [Always Room for More]

Started by Black Howling, August 03, 2013, 01:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: Wargtass on August 05, 2013, 11:56:07 AM
Ah! That Nord is taking the attention of the fair Bosmer! I'll have to aim for the absaliscious redhead or the slender khajiit...  ::)

why not both?

Malrunar

Quote from: Wargtass on August 05, 2013, 11:56:07 AM
Ah! That Nord is taking the attention of the fair Bosmer! I'll have to aim for the absaliscious redhead or the slender khajiit...  ::)

What can I say? I have a thing for bit, tall dudes. Or maybe it's because I like to pull hair. ;)

Wargtass

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 05, 2013, 12:02:14 PM
why not both?

Genius! Remind me to give you credit when I write the follow-up to Sultry Argonian Bard.  ;D

Quote from: Yggdrasil on August 05, 2013, 12:05:57 PM
What can I say? I have a thing for bit, tall dudes. Or maybe it's because I like to pull hair. ;)

Don't let Ilya hear you, he'll reinvent the Dwemer plateau-shoes and grow out his feathery mane.
O/O

Sara Nilsson

arkhos

Name: Anders D'nali
Race: Half Dunmer/Half Human (Imperial)
Physical Details/Short history:
Anders stands right at six feet tall, with light grayish skin and long black hair. Bright blue eyes stand out on his face, and pointed ears confirm at least part of his ancestry.

Anders is the product of a Dunmer woman and an Imperial man. The result of rape, Anders' mother was unable to terminate her pregnancy, but not for a lack of desire, but simply a lack of will.

Anders was born in Morrowind, and was told for most of his life that his father had died before he was born, but much more than that his mother rarely spoke of. It wasn't until he came of age that his mother confessed the real deed that brought Anders into this world, and the young man was crushed.

His mother raised him as best she could, teaching him things she knew. Basics of alchemy, herbalism, and restoration magic as well as the use of illusions.

The rest of his skills he learned the hard way, on his own in he streets where because of his odd appearance for a Dunmer, he was regularly bullied and picked-on. Regular fisticuffs forced him to become proficient in unarmed combat. To avoid bullies as often as possible, he became quite skilled at sneaking, and as he got older and the dangers grew more severe, he learned how to use swords and daggers, even becoming proficient at using two at once.

Too human-looking for the Dunmer to accept him, and too Dunmer-looking for humans to accept him, he tread that slender, frail line between both worlds, unwanted by both, trusted by neither.

He and his mother lived day to day, sometimes one or both of them resorting to begging for food. Anders was not above theft, picking pockets, or doing nearly anything required to make ends meet.

Anders caught a break when he was 16, and became an apprentice at a small, nondescript forge. The owner was half-blind and needed the help, which might have explained why the owner was willing to take on Anders, where other business owners rejected him because of his appearance and obviously tainted blood. He acquired the basic knowledge and skills of a smith, and worked there for about a year before tragedy struck.

While working at the forge one day, the small, modest, barely livable home where he and his mother lived was burned down, with her inside. No one claimed responsibility and authorities found no trace of who started the blaze. Anders of course was convinced that it was done by some of the locals who hated him for what he was, and sought to also punish his mother for bringing him into the world in the first place.

Having no home, no family remaining, and little or no hope, Anders pondered for awhile what to do, and made his decision. He would strike out for Skyrim immediately, despite the great distance required to get there. His mother had told him few things about his father, but one of those things she told him was that he was an Imperial officer who was visiting from Skryim on some mission, with jet-black hair and blue eyes, and possessed a peculiar tattoo along the left side of his body. Anders had insisted that his mother describe this tattoo in detail, which she did. Before he departed Morrowind, Anders paid to have that exact tattoo inked onto his flesh as a reminder of his goal and motivation.

He was going to hunt down his father, the source of all the misery in his and his mother's lives... and kill him.

Core Combat Skills*:

• One-Handed
  • Light Armor
  • Unarmed
Core Supplementary Skills:

• Restoration
  • Sneak
  • Illusion
  • Lockpick
Secondary Skills:

• Pickpocket
  • Alchemy
  • Smith
Starting Equipment:

• Steel Sword
  • 2x Steel Daggers
  • Light Armor
  • 24 Septims
  • A few random pieces of an Alchemy set
  • Random herbs
  • Backpack, blanket, generic adventure gear scrounged or stolen
  • A dozen lockpicks
  • A small iron medallion that he keeps in a small pouch beneath his armor
  • 3 Potions of minor healing
  • 2 Vials of minor poison

Faction Affiliations: “In my experience, the only faction that I can depend upon is a faction of one: the guy who looks back at me in the mirror.”
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Malrunar

Sara Nilsson

Lady Lunarius

Hey loves! Here's a link to the Out of Character Tavern. I hope you all enjoy the game as it will be underway before we all know it! Please feel free to chat in our little piece of heaven, and I'll have the approved character thread up soon.

Howling While I adore your sexy Nord *LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!* Would you mind switching out your Archery for Unarmed? Pretty please?

Yggdrasil: *Fans self* "Yes, yes, a thousand times yes" >.> Bonus points if you guess the movie that line comes from. Howling will be answering the Standing Stone's question shortly.

Sara Nilssion: I always enjoy a woman taking matters into her own hands. Might I ask, is she currently on a job, or enjoying a bit of free time to herself whilst in Skyrim?

Rajah:Howling is currently working on an answer to your character. Very interesting history, and I appreciate the detail you put into it.

Winter Cat:*Offers catnip* I am very curious *pun* to see how your character's personality comes to light in this.

Wargtass: May you have many tales to sing for us in the times to come! May they not all be embarrassing tales of our companions walking in on us with our skirts pulled up, or pants around our ankles.

Arkhos: Very interesting! I have plot bunnies already in mind for you. A few actually! Love the details, and can't wait to see him in game.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

Quote from: Yggdrasil on August 05, 2013, 11:29:04 AM
>___> Hello, Mr. Mc. Handsome. I believe La'Ora will be testing her quick-fingers on plucking his plums from his pockets.
>_> That would be an interesting turn of events. Considering he's been a monk for several years. <_<
Quote from: Yggdrasil on August 05, 2013, 11:30:56 AM
I don't think this entirely matters, but what about Standing Stones? Ineffective in this case?
Now that's a tough one. I know my reply to it is late, but I had to discuss it with Luna. The standing stones in Skyrim mainly helped skills increase faster, but others granted you special powers. They were technically a revision of the Signs you were born under in previous games. For balance sake, we may have standing stones in reverence to the stars and just have people update their characters with the star they were born under. I spaced it in the creation, mainly because I was tired as hell when writing it up. I'll have to further discuss it with Luna, though, because it's a good point.
Quote from: Rajah on August 05, 2013, 08:30:02 AM
Takh (Rajah's Character)

Name: Takh Gro-Valamog

Race: Orsimer

Takh is impressive even for an orc, towering over men and mer alike. He's muscular in a way that suggests nothing more than the inhuman might of his people; adding to this effect, from the outsider's perspective, is skin so dark it's almost more black than green and tusks like ivory hunting knives...not to mention his glare, a terrible thing like the lance of an Imperial mounted knight, burning a baleful shade of blue. His eyes are the color of a summer evening sky darkened by the promise of storms. His voice, on the other hand, is promise past; it rolls, cracks, and rumbles like thunder after a strike, deep as a daedra's secret...and wholly startling in its clarity and control, like a tiger serving itself afternoon tea and never spilling a drop.

Appearances are deceiving. Takh was once a simple blacksm- well, okay. Takh was once a superlative blacksmith, whose art had long since transcended mere weaponry and entered in realms left unexplored since the dwemer vanished from the face of Nirn. He loved metal and its working, but above even this he loved Kyne, the Sky Goddess, ever since he saw his first rainbow. Such power as the storm and such beauty as the light it left behind demanded his devotion, and so, he sought to honor Kyne with his craft. He began by making a clock from orichalcum and first principles; that is to say, he whittled each tiny component from raw ingots and fitted them together over a course of three years. When he was finished, he waited almost a fortnight before he found the courage to wind the thing...and when he did? Why, it ticked, of course. It was perfect. He knew then that he was skilled enough to attempt something more...ambitious. It took him another half-decade and far more hands and expertise than his own, but with patience and patronage, he completed his design. He called it Kyne's Chorister; a machine the size of a small temple made to draw in lightning, convert it through runes into raw magicka, and produce a symphony of answering tones to harmonize with the thunder and turn storms into divine music.

The first time it sounded, it shattered itself in a single moment of deafening resonance - some things are beyond even the height of mortal craft to achieve. Yet in that resonance, Takh heard more than music: he heard the voice of Kyne, and when he uplifted his own in prayer, he found that it changed and harmonized just as his Chorister had been meant to do...and his prayer became a Shout that left his soul raw and torn and his body nearly catatonic for days.

When he recovered, he discovered that the High King had died.

He spent the years since preparing himself for what he believes is the path laid out before him: to walk into the howling storm of civil war and help those who will listen to the Goddess and her messengers find a safe path to the eye of the coming catastrophe. That such an eye may be at the very heart of conflict is no contradiction; just as a storm of history is far more complex and dangerous than a natural storm, so too must navigating its eye come with hardship and danger. If Skyrim is to survive (so Takh believes) it must be done, nevertheless.

War's arts come naturally to an orc, and supernaturally to a priest of the goddess of war; expanding the potential of martial readiness are the arts of Seeming (Illusion) and Being (Conjuration), a simple path fit for a simple man, lacking both the complexity and the pitfalls of broader arcana. Not that these are lesser arts; even an Imperial battlemage of veteran status might find themselves impressed by Takh's innovation, such as the use of forge lore and crafting skill to shape daedra as they are called and produce bound weapons and armor far beyond the limitations common to mages who ask only for armament and never for understanding, or the hideous power that can be obtained by combining Illusion's deliberate madness with the infinite ferocity of orsimer berserker rage...and above metal, above even magic, there is the Thu'um.

Takh has spent his time wisely; strong of body, mind, and spirit as his faith demands, he faces Skyrim and prays earnestly that it will also prove wise...and so, operating on nothing more than some manner of chance encounter with the divine and his own relentlessly gnostic interpretations, an orsimer blacksmith has convinced himself that he is meant to be a holy warrior. From the outside, it is easy enough to frown and ask a few obvious questions, and thereby reveal that Takh's certainty is a stone castle built on fog...but then, sometimes the very wrong nevertheless accomplish the very great. The Divines work in mysterious ways. Perhaps before it can be judged, his story must be told.

Core Combat Skills*:

• Heavy Armor
  • Thu'um
  • Two-Handed

• Conjuration
  • Illusion
  • Smithing
  • Thu'um
Secondary Skills:

• Alteration
  • Enchanting
  • Restoration
Starting Equipment:

• Assorted personal effects including religious literature, a heavy-duty toothbrush, and the world's only orsimer timepiece.
  • Arms and armor summoned as needed.
Faction Affiliations: "Fuck claim. Skyrim is at storm; Kyne's eye is where I stand, and may Hircine take me should I lose the path. No one deserves a throne. This is about earning it."

Okay, so, factions: what's the difference between Albinus and Baldr? What are their politics, their intentions, etc.? What do either of them have to offer Skyrim?

As for this. Give me a moment to work up the full details between their differences. It could be lengthy. Never hesitate to ask a question, but be willing to deal with my extensive explanations if you do.

All characters Luna listed, if you are uncertain from her explanation, are approved. We stamp it, and so it is!

And as a side note, VERY awesome character Ark!

Malrunar

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on August 05, 2013, 12:48:32 PM
Yggdrasil: *Fans self* "Yes, yes, a thousand times yes" >.> Bonus points if you guess the movie that line comes from. Howling will be answering the Standing Stone's question shortly.

I read it once, years ago. <___< Pride and Prejudice!

Malrunar

Quote from: Black Howling on August 05, 2013, 12:50:40 PM
>_> That would be an interesting turn of events. Considering he's been a monk for several years. <_<Now that's a tough one. I know my reply to it is late, but I had to discuss it with Luna. The standing stones in Skyrim mainly helped skills increase faste

*Cackles!* She lives for awkward encounters!

Sara Nilsson

atm i would say she is in between jobs. unless for storytelling reasons it is better if she is currently employed. see how easy I am when it comes to that, less easy when it comes to parting the legs though.. sorry :P

Black Howling

Alright, with the OOC up let's move any further chatter not based on character creation that way.

Lady Lunarius

Sounds good to me. Love someone so flexible. :P

Also along with the OOC being posted, Feel free to post your characters in the Approved thread. So far everyone who's been metioned in my previous post has been approved. *Everyone so far*

Here's the thread OPEN MEEEE
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Snark

Very much wanted to try my hand at this, hope I did alright...

(I know, generic picture, but it’s the closest I could manage.)
Name: Valen

Race: Bosmer/Wood Elf

chronologically:31

A fairly handsome, young-looking Bosmer with long hair, and a look on his face that does little to hide his pridefulness. He has tattoos on the right side of his face (not pictured) akin to the typical designs sported by his race.
The first of many children born from a couple of Valenwood immigrants, seeking to move themselves as far as possible from the tight grip the Thalmor had placed on all of southern Tamriel. This explains his rather hokey name- a reminder of home.
Though growing up poor in his early life, when he reached adolescents he’d already become well known around his village for his natural talent for performing simple magics. Unlike his siblings, he couldn’t shoot an arrow to save his life, and instead had spent his time reading anything he could get his hands on, trying to fuel an ever growing curiosity.
This lead to him being sent off to accompany a traveling mage to begin study at the college of Winterhold at an unusually young age.  Despite this, he became well-liked among the mages, and found this new home to be quite nice, even he did miss his family now and then. When he got old enough he worked at a local inn as well, so he could send money back to them. He lived a fairly successful life. He finished his studies and began writing on and researching the ancient magic of Skyrim. Soon he’d be invited back to instruct new mages in some Conjuration classes. You would either find him at the college, in a ruin, or at a bar.
Most recently he’s taken to meeting with some… political groups, having an ages old grudge against the Thalmor.

Core Combat Skills*:

• Destruction
  • One Handed
  •   Light Armor

• Restoration
  • Conjuration
  • Speech
Secondary Skills:

• Alchemy
  • Enchanting
  • Sneak
Starting Equipment:

• Glass dagger
  • Mage college robes and hood
  • Staff of the Storm Atronach
  • Pack with a couple books.
  • 200 Septims
Faction Affiliations: Mages college (researcher, instructor), Thalmor resistance

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Snark

Rachubka

Name: Mirabelle Ashford

Race: Breton

Physical Details/Short history: Mirabelle was born in Whiterun to a pair of merchants. It was a comfortable childhood, though the little girl always wanted more than to stand behind a counter selling wares from sunrise to sundown. She often admired the many adventurers that would come through town, some just about to embark on a journey while others returned. Even those that had come back worse for wear, she dreamed to be like them.

Coming of age, Mirabelle stands at a mere 5'3" but it only proves to help her get away from tight situations. Her hair is black, worn long and free all the way down to her shoulders where the last few inches are tied in a loose knot to keep it from flying in her face. Her features are generally soft, having a rather dull upbringing which kept the harshness away, which goes with her pale, grey eyes that have yet seen the best and worst that Tamriel has to offer. Her body is not strong but it is very toned, much akin to a dancer or a runner and with her current occupation, it makes perfect sense.

Having had enough of the domesticated life, Mirabelle spent what she had saved up over the last few years to purchase equipment and supplies to become an adventurer. Sort of. She had been raised in a merchant family, after all, so she wasn't about to dive into dark dungeons and outlaw caves without getting paid for it. Dying also wasn't very appealing to her, so Mirabelle became a courier. The young Breton could still see most of the province, hone her skills and keep fit all while on the road and earning a decent wage. A fair piece of business that her parents would be proud of.

The last few years have been rather... lonely for Mirabelle. Being a courier, she couldn't exactly sit on her hands at any time of day as there were often deadlines to meet. Traveling alone also made you less of a target for bandits as long as you didn't appear to be carrying a boatload of jewels or a chest of coin. To fill in any downtime or if a particular deadline was rather loose, Mirabelle would practice her craft by hunting or slashing away at trees. Being Breton, the young girl had an affinity to the magical arts but really didn't have the time to read book after book or consult other mages, which left her to focus on the school of restoration - a very handy piece of knowledge to have when on your own. In lulls between courier contracts, Mirabelle would not hesitate to pick up bounties, though this was a fairly recent development. She's only just become completely confident in her abilities.

Core Combat Skills:

• Archery
  • Light Armor
  • Two-Handed

• Restoration
  • Sneak
  • Speech
Secondary Skills:

• Smithing
  • Lockpicking
  • Pickpocketing
Starting Equipment:

• Nordic bow & arrows
  • Fine steel greatsword
  • Simple leather armour
  • Copper circlet with embedded sapphires
  • 'Good luck' plain, gold ring from her parents - not entirely confident if it is enchanted or not
  • 300 Septims
  • A side pack for supplies, rations and packages to be couriered
Faction Affiliations: Currently none but can be swayed by coin or the right person with the right words.

Hopefully not too late and really hopefully not completely out of left field!

Wintercat

Should I move my character to the thread for the characters now or is there something I should change beforehand still?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Black Howling

Snark: Perhaps the skill system was less obvious then I originally thought. You have a core combat skill listed as a supplemental, and two supplemental skills in your core combat area. Let me clarify a bit; Core Combat skills are things that's only real purpose is to kill an enemy, or to keep from getting killed. Supplemental and secondary skills are different measures of anything else. Make sense?

Fix those areas, and allow me to have a look over your story again. If I sound rude, don't think anything of it. I'm simply in a hurry to post this all up because I have work in 30 minutes.

Rachubka: Excellent character sheet! You have my stamp of approval, and I doubt Lady Luna is gonna disagree. Oh, and we are still accepting. Though if the male to female character ratio reaches 2 to 1, I'm probably gonna only accept female characters until it evens out more. Don't want the ladies drowning in testosterone. I've seen how that ends up. 

Wintercat: Answered you on IM.

Wintercat

Moved the character to the thread where they're stored then, and looking forward to how this turns out. Quite curious as it happens. I don't think there's many games placed in a world as interesting as the TES worlds, and by a good DM, so I am happy to see the thread is getting the attention it deserves.

I'll drop the chatter here though, just ghosting about to see who else might be looking to join in the fun.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Lady Lunarius

Rachbka: Approved!! Sorry was taking a cat nap. Meow.

Snark: My thoughts are with Howlings regarding your character <3
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Snark

That's embarrassing! I totally missed the list of what skills went where in the first post somehow. Forgive me, I haven't roleplayed in a while. Clearly I'm a tad rusty!

It should be fixed now, right?

Black Howling

Quote from: Snark on August 05, 2013, 04:53:57 PM
That's embarrassing! I totally missed the list of what skills went where in the first post somehow. Forgive me, I haven't roleplayed in a while. Clearly I'm a tad rusty!

It should be fixed now, right?

Luna and I are in discussion about it. We'll have an answer for you sometime tonight. I'm on lunch from work and the like, so we aren't being able to discuss acceptance like we usually can.

Also, updated recruitment thread. Male characters still welcome for now, but seeking female characters to even out the T levels in our threads. ;)

Florence

xD! Just read Kreios' sheet and funny enough I was thinking of making a Circle member, but decided to go for a non-werewolf Companion instead :D

I'll have her sheet up as soon as its done! :O
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.