The Invisible Master idea

Started by Lovelynice, May 25, 2006, 09:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Furby

Elvi

Nice,
As a moderator, I suggest that you calm down.

As a moderator, I am allowed, in fact it is one of my duties to remind people of certain things.
I am sorry that you see that as me taking you as being an idiot.

I see it as trying to:

A) Get information from a prospective member so that she could be allowed onto the main boards.

B) Make sure that your thread was in the right place.
I saw you posting four long posts (Note that you place (RP) onto the title AFTER I asked you about it) and believed that you were writing a story.
As a moderator I asked if you had placed it in the wrong place.
As a player you explained that you had not and that was the end of the matter.

C) Stop a potential flame war, which has failed as you have now turned your accusations onto myself instead of others.

Perhaps, you should concider the fact that there are language differences within this community and that we all try to be careful to avoid confusion, but it sometimes happens.

I would suggest that you too read what is written first, before jumping in again and accusing everyone else of accusing you?
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Nothing

Well I didn't mean any offence by asking...I just thought it would be nice to know...although I suppose I should have asked in a PM instead of on here...
Sorry Elvi

Elvi

It wasn't that you asked Fred, it was just .....well lets say that I could have been offended by the way you said it.

If you had said something along the lines of "I don't know have you got an on's and off's thread, so I can see what you're into?" then I probably wouldn't have given it a second glance.

Unfortunately I have been hearing little things about the on's and off's and people feeling that they MUST have a thread.
Infact one person has asked me outright, if they have to have one to join a game and another actually stated that they were doing it because of pressure from other players.

So....long story short, I will pull people up on it if I see it and will remind them that it is voluntery and not a must.

Nothing

It does make things very convenient though...

Elvi

Yes it does, but people shouldn't be forced into doing it 'just because' should they?

Good grief I have enough trouble enforcing the few rules we do have without that! *laughs*

Nothing

lol, aww, come on Elvi, you know you want to spend even more time sorting things out on this site!
You don't actually need to come here to Roleplay, now do you? Sheesh, thats not what your here for :P

Elvi

*laughs*
I sometimes wonder.......

Lovelynice

Quote from: Elvi on May 26, 2006, 11:48:39 AM
Perhaps, you should consider the fact that there are language differences within this community and that we all try to be careful to avoid confusion, but it sometimes happens.

Well, wouldn't it be nice to just read exactly what I write as it actually means literally?

Nothing more, nothing less. Without an automatic assumption of some 'thought crime' behind my words.

I saw you posting four long posts (Note that you place (RP) onto the title AFTER I asked you about it) and believed that you were writing a story.
As a moderator I asked if you had placed it in the wrong place.
As a player you explained that you had not and that was the end of the matter.

1) it was only two posts, the thread 'introduction' and the first post for my character...that was it. 1dimsum had not yet posted, and I had not yet responded to his posts. The length of the posts should've had no relevance on the matter.

2)The introduction post for the thread, also included at the very top of the introduction, just after the title of the thread, had the names of 1dimsum and Lovelynice as the players of the thread.

3) You could've just read that 2nd line under the thread name in the introduction to know that it was a roleplay thread.

4) You could also have simply asked in a nice way "Is that a roleplay thread?", instead of assuming straight off that I was in the wrong, apparently can't read the titles of sections, and telling me that my 'narrative' should be in the story-telling section. You didn't just "ask" me what the thread was, nor did you give the benefit of the doubt that since it was in a roleplaying section that it might in fact be a roleplaying thread until proven otherwise...especially as the names of the two players were stated just under the title line in the introductory first post on the thread, and it was only two posts.

5) I've never needed to put "RP" onto a game title in a game section before, but since guilt of doing wrong was apparently being assumed first on repeated occassions, it seemed like I would have to put big easy to read labels on everything to avoid further pre-assumptions of "This person is doing something wrong", other moderators assuming this before reading the first post of the thread.

I would suggest that you too read what is written first, before jumping in again and accusing everyone else of accusing you?

I do actually. It would be nice if people read my posts for what they exactly say, and didn't look for hidden signs of potential wrongdoing to lecture me about.

I just wish to point out, that although I'm sure you and other 'old hands' on this site have had many problems with a few newbies who broke rules, that all newbies on a site should not be treated with the preconcieved assumption of being more likely guilty than innocent until proven with time.

By the way, I'm not trying to start some flame war either. I would just like it that others stop lecturing me on every little sign of possible 'thought crime' or potential rule-breaking before any such have been shown to in fact have occurred. I already stated 2 days ago that I agreed to the site rules, and stated that I had read them, please stop acting as if I have not. Do I as a newbie on this site need to place such a statement in my signature as well?

I apologize for any stress that this may have caused you, and I will leave it at that.
Bisexual
Submissive (very rare switch)

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

Elvi

That is enough Lovelynice.

I will not be accused of things that are not there.
I will not continue to justify myself to you, for you to continue a long diatribe against whatever it is that you believe I am attempting to do to you.

You have given your opinion and I have given mine.

indarkestknight

Ah, Ons and Offs...

Well, in all truth, I suppose it's because of, much as I hate to admit it, a lack of broad experience. While I do have on and offs, many of those that I do have only been realized while reading erotic fiction, and not necessarily roleplaying.

I can, if you wish, come up with an on and offs list, if you so prefer (I've done so for one game already), though be warned, it's far from being anywhere near comprehensive.

Nothing

Well, I just need a basic idea of what you like and what you don't like so I can judge how my character will be treated in the game...
my ons/offs, if it helps...
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4398.0

indarkestknight

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5738.0

As requested. If there's anything in particular you want to happen to your character, Nothing, feel free to IM me about it.

Nothing

works for me, i'd love to play with you :)

Lovelynice

Quote from: Glabrezubane on May 26, 2006, 09:24:33 PM
Ah, Ons and Offs...

Well, in all truth, I suppose it's because of, much as I hate to admit it, a lack of broad experience. While I do have on and offs, many of those that I do have only been realized while reading erotic fiction, and not necessarily roleplaying.

I can, if you wish, come up with an on and offs list, if you so prefer (I've done so for one game already), though be warned, it's far from being anywhere near comprehensive.

It does take a long time to learn about ourselves, and often people's Ons & Offs are misunderstood due to what others tell us they should be, rather than what comes naturally to ourselves. This is true of not only individuals, but whole cultures, groups, nationalities, and gender as well.  I suggest going through your list of favourite erotic fiction someday and just take note of all the 'good bits', or if you're upto it, try and write an erotic story....even if for your own enjoyment in a notebook while you ride the bus/train. (one day, when you become rich and famous, it could make your descendants a lot of money :)  "Hey, remember that famous person, look at this kinky stuff they wrote!")
Bisexual
Submissive (very rare switch)

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories