St. Arcadia Academy (See new interest check for application)

Started by NileGoddess, November 09, 2011, 12:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloody Rose

Quote from: Haibane on November 10, 2011, 11:12:31 AM
I love Saeko, Annie. Such a cutie! I think she'll do well here... *evil laughter*

I agree ^^

Snake

iN thi sgame: so much better to be dominant ...it sound slike

Annie

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

NileGoddess

I think they both look better. Thank you for the modifications. As long as there is something tangible to hold them to the authority of the school, that's what matters. Depending on their personality, Reina might be pretty lax with them, but they need to be aware, at some point, just what kind of power she wields.

Snake

Though Zack WILL attempt to break every single rule at least once. Just to see how much crap they'll deal with before taking steps.

Haibane

With respect to the great strong characters everyone has made, it would work better if people didn't have disruptive characters just for the sake of being disruptive. Please keep an eye on what Nile has designed this game to be about. I have no problem with power plays and such but I think it would be better if the disruption was focussed on a plan or that rather than being disruptive, characters could be manipulative or scheming and subtle. I think someone like Zach who comes to St Arcadia with a long history of being disruptive would get only 1 chance from Reina - on his second offence he might find himself expelled and in deep trouble with his family... so I hope players will be clever in what they do and keep an eye on the main purpose of Nile's game rather than just wreck the place (which could end up distracting the game from its main focus).

Anyway... enough of that. Now onto the good news. I uploaded a whole stack of screenshots from the anime to my photobucket account. Its in an album called "St Arcadia" and there are sub albums for different characters. I know Nile wanted more images of Reina. So this is mostly for new players who want a character name and image - there's one male student there and about 6 females, plus 2 or 3 teachers and most are named too.

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk137/HaibaneR/St%20Arcadia/

Talking about the anime again, while I have not played the eroge video game on which its based, I did watch all six episodes last night and while the artwork and animation is pretty crude (as most hentai's are) and it starts off well, by about the mid-point of episode 4 it descends into farce so isn't worth watching past episode 3. Even so, those first three episodes have some good stuff in them that gives an idea what the story and school is about.

EDIT: The opening scenes of episode 5 are worth watching too as this is the scene where Reina gives her best trained girls to the high powered politicians and financiers at her smart mansion/brothel.

Snake

Well Zack won't be stupid about it. Once he sees that they're not going to take that crap he'll "behave" the way he's supposed to and start taking things seriously.  He just doesn't want to  be seen as weak.

Zaer Darkwail

Nice pic collection :). Anyways my char plans not be disruptive but he likely tries find to rebel against the system once he realizes what the school is up to with other students and what plans they got on him. Altough he likely can pummel anyone in one vs one (without extensive martial art background) but he can be stunned with gas, drug pistols and tasers as norm. So he would likely plot something to counter school present tactic in way which is more potent than their blackmail hold over him and his family.

Haibane

There's actually quite a lot you can do that's pretty far out there but still doesn't count as disruptive. In the first episode of the anime for example the new transfer student joins his first class and within 5 minutes 3 of Leona's gang members drag him to the back of class and start kissing and giving him a blowjob while the poor lady teacher tries to lead the lesson, so in this school "disruptive" is a relative term. ;)

Capone

Quote from: Haibane on November 10, 2011, 12:43:23 PM
Talking about the anime again, while I have not played the eroge video game on which its based, I did watch all six episodes last night and while the artwork and animation is pretty crude (as most hentai's are) and it starts off well, by about the mid-point of episode 4 it descends into farce so isn't worth watching past episode 3. Even so, those first three episodes have some good stuff in them that gives an idea what the story and school is about.

I was able to see the beginning of the first episode, but wasn't able to watch past the introduction. It had me up until who I assume is Reina stabbed the woman in the clit/cunt with the tip of her pen. I read on Wikipedia that episode 4 has a girl getting raped.

I'm still sort of interested, but hesitant. I'm fine skimming over bondage and certain aspects of NC that bother me, but I'm wondering how much of the anime and as a result this RP have in the more violent direction. I'd be willing to go back and watch the anime again (which I found streaming off of a website, but I'm not sure how legit it is so I won't be linking it), at least up until episode 3, but I'd like to be sure BEFOREHAND what sort of content I'm going to be seeing. If it's not that bad, I'll give this thing a shot. If it's all about the bondage and pain, then I wouldn't be a good fit.

Snake

Zack likes to be "on top" and is likely to get physical about it.  Actually he might pick a fight with Zaer's guy just for the hell of it (or train together perhaps. lol) But he's into Sanba. Russia's mixed martial arts that is known to kill trainees. But nothing's in Stone, but Zack does martial arts too but more mixed between different styles.

Zaer Darkwail

That's interesting if Zack and my char picks up a fight and learns to know each other through martial arts. My char practices singular style but practices other styles pick trick here and there. So he would recognize the Sanba style instantly and that could give Zack respect points from my char. Also unlikely the victor is determined before school security staff breaks up the fight as we both likely start cause property damage :P.

Annie

Quote from: Capone on November 10, 2011, 01:15:35 PM
I was able to see the beginning of the first episode, but wasn't able to watch past the introduction. It had me up until who I assume is Reina stabbed the woman in the clit/cunt with the tip of her pen. I read on Wikipedia that episode 4 has a girl getting raped.

I'm still sort of interested, but hesitant. I'm fine skimming over bondage and certain aspects of NC that bother me, but I'm wondering how much of the anime and as a result this RP have in the more violent direction. I'd be willing to go back and watch the anime again (which I found streaming off of a website, but I'm not sure how legit it is so I won't be linking it), at least up until episode 3, but I'd like to be sure BEFOREHAND what sort of content I'm going to be seeing. If it's not that bad, I'll give this thing a shot. If it's all about the bondage and pain, then I wouldn't be a good fit.

NileGoddess explained in the first post that we wouldn't do something we aren't comfortable with. I don't like bondage and pain either (put that in my char sheet as a hint), but I have no problems with coercion and all that stuff (once again, I put another hint on my char sheet about what I wanted to her go through). I believe we can all reach an agreement on what we want to our chars. There are many things to explore beside bondage that would fit the anime (and the RP) theme.

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Snake

I'm all for that Zaer. But how could they do property damage if they're only damaging each other? Like hurling each other through windows. into benches. etc?

Empyrean

I remember this game. :)

I'd be interested in playing. When I played through the game I always thought it would be interesting if there were an idealistic Morimoto younger sibling or relative who maybe wasn't in on the shenanigans the family gets up to and is a new student at the Academy, ready for corruption into the fold. Would that be a feasible character for this game?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Snake on November 10, 2011, 01:40:18 PM
I'm all for that Zaer. But how could they do property damage if they're only damaging each other? Like hurling each other through windows. into benches. etc?

Yeah and also as top notch martial artist my char could hit through wall if he concentrates on his punch enough. Also they could throw things on each other.

Snake

Wheras Sambo (the correct spelling) is more like Judo or Aikido (the systems it's based from) and is more about taking down an enemy in the least amount of time. Meaning Zack is probably quite good at counter-grapple type moves but to spice it up He probably also knows a bit of Muai Thai as well.

Annie

Men and their taste for fights... ;P

Just kidding, guys! ^^

NileGoddess

Quote from: Capone on November 10, 2011, 01:15:35 PM

Like I said in the interest check Capone, we won't overstep boundaries that people don't want crossed. The anime isn't violent per se, but it does have a few extreme parts to it. A lot of the sex is indeed non-consensual, or where the partners are reluctant at first, but the overlaying themes are about sexual domination. This isn't about a school where you go to learn to have sex; it's a school run by a corrupt regime that utilizes the students sexually, and likely runs a prostitution ring with them to appease their clients/illegal activities. However, if you'd rather make a character that supports these goals, or a character that would rather willing engage in these activities rather than unwilling or coercion through blackmail, that would be fine too.

Quote from: Empyrean on November 10, 2011, 01:48:40 PM
I remember this game. :)

I'd be interested in playing. When I played through the game I always thought it would be interesting if there were an idealistic Morimoto younger sibling or relative who maybe wasn't in on the shenanigans the family gets up to and is a new student at the Academy, ready for corruption into the fold. Would that be a feasible character for this game?

Not quite sure how I feel about adding another Morimoto. We do, however, need students who are interested in all the sex and corruption, like the bullies Leona hangs out with in the anime.

Snake

Nile. Getting people interested in that shouldn't be too hard *grins like a cheeky monkey*  Zack would be up for it once he notices it's going on.  Hell he may even be willing to work with the Morimoto sisters in that area after he ends up in trouble the first time.  As a way to try and get in good with them instead.

Empyrean

Nile: Would Karen Himeki be available then, by any chance?

NileGoddess

Yes, she is. No one has claimed her or her role in the story.

Capone

Ah, I see. I'm actually terrible at that sort of politics anyway.

I'll leave the spot for someone that would be more fitting, then. Thanks for answering the questions, though! Good luck! :)

Haibane

Is this Karen Himeki?

More here:

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk137/HaibaneR/St%20Arcadia/Various%20Students/

I knew one of Leona's thugs was called Karen, but didn't know which one, or her family name.

NileGoddess

I think she is the white haired one...but I'm not sure.