BakemonoShiki [Interest Check]

Started by Leki, February 03, 2018, 09:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leki

@Threads
I've given the issue of how I want to setup the threads some thought... and I'm still debating it with myself.
I'm going to admit outright that I'm not at all fond of the idea of having a lot of threads.
Too much going on in too many threads makes it impossible for me to keep track of things as the GM.
And others are likely to feel the same, resulting in certain posts simply not getting read or loners in various threads.
(We saw it a bit in Ecchi Island).
If anyone has a suggestion I'm all ears, otherwise I'll decide what to do with threads during the weekend.

In terms of posting speed we've currently got eight people.
And the most active ones seem to have a secondary anyway
So I'd like to think with the aid of common sense, no player will feel like they're moving too fast or too slow.

@Non-Consensual
Still waiting on a response from a few people, but from my estimates we've well and truly got support to switch.
Even if we don't go full out non-con, dub-con might happen... and admittedly I'd rather make the change now when I only need to request one thread be moved. Opposed to a handful.

SweetSerenade

So essentially what the 'side' threads I'm suggesting would be would be something like

Bakemono-Shiki: Noel

And it would literally only contain sex scenes involving my character. IE basically when characters dip out in the main thread, they can run off and have sex in one of the characters threads. So this way it's only limited by the characters actively participating in sexual relationships, so we don't have it in the Main RP thread. And as a result we can maintain the main threads 'slice of life' feel - and with warning tags in the posting layout people would know it's a sex series they do/don't wanna read?

The Entire Rp group of threads would still have to be in the same section of the forum (Non-Con Exotic in this instance)... So as a result we wouldn't really have too many, and it is not too hard to just add the 'sex' threads to the thread roster, and if you like I can even make sure to keep track of all the threads in the game - and you can give me a list of stuff to watch for? And I can let you know if something comes up? <3

I REALLY don't think that will be too much of an issue with this group, the most it might end up being is a (Wait I'm sorry I didn't give you enough info on -insert thing for the game- just so you know it's really like -insert thing that needs clarification-. Which I think given the maturity and spread of varying amiable personalities in the group... It really won't be too much of an issue? <3

Just my 2 pennies <3

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Leki

I'm going to blunt...
If someone writing a sex scene bothers anyone, it's probably time for them to find a new forum.
And worst case scenario Non-con detterance can easily be addressed with warning tags.
While feasible, creating individual character threads is just not going to work with my mentality.
I'm the type of person who throws stuff out cause I haven't used it in awhile... and then regrets it
The idea of having a whole bunch of empty threads doesn't sit well with me,
And even as things stand, it's 10 different threads.

Furthermore it can sometimes be pretty vague as to where a sex scene starts, or when it'll happen.
Having two characters flirting for a moment in one thread, and then moving to a new thread to play out the sex...
Seems really disjointed, and I don't want to be skipping to numerous threads.
Asking someone to read and keep up with things on my behalf is also not going to work.
Cause I can't predict everything that might happen, nor does it feel right not to read posts that have been made.

In short the idea of individual character-specific threads are rejected without the possibility of negotiating otherwise.

SweetSerenade

<3 That's ok with me! It was just a suggestion, and it's ok that you don't want to use it. Won't even contest that. This is your game and your vision, and I'm just here for the journey. You're the vision.

Avalon29

@non-con

I'm okay with it. I'm not going to actively seek it out or anything as it's not quite my thing but if it happens it happens and dub-con is good with me although my preferences tend to lean towards the consensual side of things.

Gardsorm

I see all sides of the discussion here. As much as I appreciate where SS idea is going (I imagined only two threads, one story, and one for smut), Leki has a point. Making a bunch of threads that may or may not be used is kinda eh. This happened a lot during Ecchi Island, everyone having a room, some even doubled up on, that went unused.

Me, and like one other person (Joanie I believe) were the only ones who used the room for... Ahem, fun.

All things considered, we have our new board to look forward to, so that's a step in the right direction. We can worry about the other things over the next couple of weeks.

All in all, we have an agreement. Possibility is there, but it's all on us. Alrighty! (For the record I share the sentiment Avalon. Consensual is best~)

Gardsorm

Lol, I was about to ask where the Information thread went, but I see it got moved into NC-E. That was fast!

Leki

And thanks to a speedy response from Oniya, we've now been moved to the NC: Exotic-Freeform Small Groups.
Bookmarks shouldn't be affected, so unless you were manually checking the Info thread, it won't affect anything.

I'm a little bit of both when it comes to the non-con issue.
I can definitely do it when necessary, but I'm much more fond of dubious-consent situations which.... will probably be all Laphren will ever be able to get considering his personality. xD There's just something cute about the reluctance and resilience... though for me it's more a transition from "Not Sure" to "Yes" rather than a complete 180*

For non-primary characters we'll see.
For some reason I thought it'd be funny for Keita to be abducted by Shadows.
Two Shadows start bickering with who'll go first with Keita....
And Keita's just sitting there tied up, picturing the two shadows making out with one another.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Leki
xD There's just something cute about the reluctance and resilience... though for me it's more a transition from "Not Sure" to "Yes" rather than a complete 180*

This is LITERALLY what I love about Dub-Con, and what makes me go "See I'm so open to some of these ideas" - And I just can't wait to see everything we all get up to in character.

Before the original version of Bakemono Shiki... I never thought I'd enjoy having a character have her clothes and panties 'dissolved' off her by a water/goo man hiding inside of a Water Fountain. But... apparently, Shiki makes me find new things I never thought I liked writing. xD

Gardsorm

Haha! I had a chance to read that earlier, before my nets died and I had to bum someone else's phone. You guys got into some great shenanigans before. :3

I loom forward to pulling off my own here somehow. Undergarments will definitely be stolen for sure... Also can't wait for Joanie to make Melusine. x: Hazuki shouldn't be the only one,  we need more monster girls~!

Vonandi

I feel like I shouldn't me giving too much input until I actually have some sort of character prepared, but I'd totally be up for any sort of non-con.

Also let's just pretend that I have a 24 hour shift and that I'm still posting these after work...

Personalities and powers will differ depending on whatever I end up going with

Leki

*Puts on mechanical voice*
Thank you for expressing your opinion, your preferences matter to us here at BMS.
A sales representative will be with you shortly.

Seriously though, feel free to offer all the input you want.
Hell I'm even open to receiving input from people who aren't even interested in joining xD
So yeah, don't feel like you need to keep quiet~

Quite dark choices you've got there xD
I personally like....
1, 2, and 5.
Though 7 and 8 could work too depending on what others want.

SweetSerenade

Jumping on the Bandwagon and saying I really like 5 (or making the Bandwagon by joining Leki??) - I really love the design of it, and it would be so interesting to see IG! ;3

Avalon29

2 5 and 8 would work great for the group I think and ones I like quite a bit. On a more selfish note I’d love to see 3 as well. Not sure how popular that choice would be but having another oni around that takes on the more traditional traits when compared Hazuki could lead to some interesting interactions between the pair.

Side note for anybody lookimg for monster girl pictures. I uh may have a small amount stored away. Okay, maybe not so small and would be happy to help supply some if you have a rough idea of what you want.

Gardsorm

Haha, when you wanted to choose things that were 'out there', you weren't kidding. xD Lesse, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 stand out to me the most of ones I'd like or enjoy interacting with. =p Of those, 7 looks the least monstery though.

1 looks unnerving but fun, vaguely reminds me of another kinda cute 'horror' monster girl I saw with lots of eyes. But the other played less to having a creepy appearance. I dunno what I'd call her...

2 looks like a dragongirl? Just with only horns and wings shown. Pretty normal and simple, effective.

3 is more monstrous oni girl, something I appreciate because we have another Oni girl who didn't opt for the monstrous physical appearance. She looks ready to break heads and pelvises. xD

5 looks pretty awesome. I guess an undead warrior of sorts? I love the cool skeletal arm. Given Relikai has a warrior from Charon here, this girl looks like she'd be a warrior from Veskra which could make for an interesting rivalry dynamic!

6 looks like a slimegirl, albeit a take on their morbid myth of devouring things that go in them. Definitely not the family-friendly jell-O girls a lot of us have come to know. xD As much as I like her I see people being very wary with her.

7 didn't seem monster girly to me, more just a rather strong female human, but who knows? You could probably spin that into a monster girl if you wanted.

Overall, of the ones I listed, I'd prolly go 5 > 2 = 3 > 1 > 6 > 7

Leki

Just a quick heads up in case anyone notices.
I've redacted the request for females and shifted to Occultists.
Female Shiki are still welcome, but when Vonandi comes through it'll be 4:9 with more Shiki.
So an extra Occultist might be nice.
(Ratio above includes Primrose and Melusine).
Not something we need though, I'm pretty happy with the cast as is now.

@Vonandi
Poor No.4, nobody likes her~
Maybe that's why she looks so pouty? xD
Since I think Gardsorm's idea thing was nice, a slight rip off version of my own.

I personally like No.2 and No.5 for the same reasons. I think they'd contrast well with Tsukasa's character in different ways. We've got a fair few mischief makers, but they're not really chaotic. And I just really like the vibe I get from that expression on No.5 xD

Also would like No.1 since I think she's cute in a weird way.
But also because I think she'd have very interesting powers to play out.
Kind of imagine a glob separting from her,
And someone else finding a blob with an eye staring at them in the most awkward encounters.

Would probably recommend against No.6 since it's perhaps a bit too dark to fit in with the current theme.
No.3, No.7 are nice, but not mentioned due to personal tastes. No.8 works too, but I feel No.5 is better in terms of variety.

JoanieSappho

2, 3 and 7 do things for me.  :P

And I'll try to get Mel up, I just need to sleep and get over at least some of whatever it is I've come down with. It's one of those bugs that gets in your head, which just makes everything worse.

Gardsorm

No worries, Joanie, rest well and get better soon! Speaking of resting, I just woke up myself, and to my pleasure, nets are back~

Know I've got a post to do, and figure out other stuff I need to work on...

Avalon29

I think if Hazuki is going to have alcohol powers at least one of them should be related to drunken fighting. Seems kind of mandatory. :P So was thinking of two ways to do that. I'm thinking of one of her abilities being a tweak to her normal alcohol that gives her increased strength, durability, and melee combat skills at a cost. Either send her in a berserker type rage or something that does a Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde type effect, with Hazuki temporarily acting more like a traditional oni. Whichever I go with though, she's definitely going to hate using it and only something she'll use as a last resort as it's for "savages" or something like that. So getting to the question here, which sounds more interesting to people. I think I'm leaning a bit more to the temporary personality change but the rage might be something easier to do.

Gardsorm

I like the thought of temporary personality change myself. I think a drunken state fighting style lends itself better to a change of personality than a loss of control, imo.

Leki

I'm going to be completely honest and admit that I really don't like the idea of characters going into a rage.
I'm willing to give you the chance if you really like the idea Avalon, but from my personal experiences I've never once since a roleplayer use the 'berserker rage' thing effectively in any way. And while I don't mind Hazuki being naturally strong due to her Oni background, it does remind me a bit of that CS I got regarding a character who could split the world in half with a single punch when angry. :/

Personality change sounds a lot more attractive. In fact it would be a bit funny if excessive alcohol made her more of a friendly drunk. Could imagine her normally keeping her Oni strength under control, but when she's in her stupor her more savage side of wanting to play "Oni games" comes out. And... while fine for Oni, it usually results in broken bones and death for other participants. Kind of a hyperactive rage I suppose? xD

Also I'm not sure what interpretation of Oni you're using, but they generally weren't savages in my opinion. Most were actually quite docile, staying in remote areas (mainly mountainous regions) by themselves. And only becoming aggressive towards assailants and the odd traveller. I suppose they're a bit like dragons? I mean even in the Japanese fairytale Momotaro, the Oni were on their own little island with great riches... before some punk kid decided he was going to go and plunder them xD

Oni were also different to demons in the sense that they weren't inherently evil. Sure they were strong, brash, and brutish. But they've served several interesting roles. Two Oni acts as the god of thunder and wind, and even the Oni in hell work for  a higher power who is less evil and more bureacratic.  Oni were said to eat children in typical ogre style... but it was usually specified they'd eat naughty children, used to scare children into behaving.

Avalon29

Well I think I'll be going in the personality change direction then. Was leaning a bit more towards that originally to begin with. XD And she's definitely not going to be able to break the earth in two with a punch. Maybe a wall or pillar with a swing of a club or park bench or a tree or something but definitely not, the entire world in two with a punch.

Edit: Also thank you for the information Leki. That's quite informative. As for what I was thinking more normal was for an oni, I was thinking loud, brash, quick temper, probably a bit obnoxious, enjoys lots of drink, but fairly genial and joking. Far more prone to things like cursing and being rough around then  truly evil but more like a force of nature I suppose? would be one way to describe it.

Leki

Quote from: Avalon29 on February 16, 2018, 10:42:24 PMAs for what I was thinking more normal was for an oni, I was thinking loud, brash, quick temper, probably a bit obnoxious, enjoys lots of drink, but fairly genial and joking.
So she's like the typical college "Bro?"
Hmm, she sounds much less appealing when I put it like that xD
Kidding~

Force of nature isn't a bad way to explain it I think?
But yeah, just wanted to clarify since westerners always interpret everything foreign and supernatural as "Demons" xD
/Racist moment.
Figured you'd be approaching things from a different angle anyway due to the character/series you're referencing.

JoanieSappho

Working on Mel, will send over the completed sheet when it's completed.
(Less for public humiliation, more for somewhere to put her until she's done, and so you guys can get an early idea)

Melusine

Name: Melusine
Player: JoanieSappho
Height: 6'2'' (188cm)
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Gold
World: Errure
Sexuality: Either

Personality
Playful: There are times to be serious, to be stern, to be responsible.
These times are, for Melusine, quite few and far between and she'd much rather enjoy her old age than worry herself too much.
Fond of teasing, joking, feasting and sex she indulges in those things as often as it seems appropriate to do so, which tends to be quite often, at least on her timescale.
She has tried to cut down on the last two in recent decades, and while that has somewhat succeeded, it has caused her teasing to go through the roof.

Motherly: Both literally, having in her years had children with both her own kind and a significant number of the other races on Errure, and more metaphorically, Melusine is quite aware of the massive gap between her own age and that of most others. Most dragons grow colder and more withdrawn as they age, clinging possessively onto what is theirs to the exclusion of all else but, perhaps because of all of her children, that instinct has gotten caught up in her more maternal side. All these small, weak little things that are so much younger than her?
She won't interfere in what they get up to with each other, unless they need to be sat down and have rules explained to them, but if something older or stronger comes to hurt them? Comes to hurt her humans, her children?
Then they will regret it. Briefly.

For the most part, though, she'll watch over them and give what advice and guidance they seem to need. She's raised many children in her long life, and probably wouldn't even know how else to treat such young beings.

Shiki Background
History A full history of Melusine's life would take a significant amount of time to go through. While a step or two down from the dragons worshipped as deities on Errure, Melusine is still far closer to such beings than to humans, not that one would have been able to guss if they'd seen her in her youth.
She traveled, explored and generally got into as much trouble as she could in her younger years, seeing everything her world had to offer with the occasional decade or centuries long pause as she found an individual of this or that species to settle down with for the rest of their life, leaving once she was sure that whatever children she had had with them were grown and able to support themselves.
The first few times were, naturally, the hardest, but after a couple of thousand years Melusine realised that she didn't have to leave entirely, and started to take a more active interest in the adult lives of her children.
Still, as she started to age Melusine grew increasingly aware that while she had loved her time wandering Errure, there wasn't really much left of it that she hadn't seen already and while she enjoyed her little midlife crisis, a few centuries spent eating, drinking and making love almost exclusively, she couldn't live like that for long. Getting called into another world was probably the best thing that could have happened to her, although she is slightly concerned that the couple she was with at the time must be worried about her abrupt disappearance from their bed, she knows that they'll get over it. And while she would like to see her children again, she now has another entirely new world in front of her to explore!
And cute little natives to keep safe from these horrible shadow-things.

Perception of Humanity Humans are small, weak, and don't really live long at all. Melusine finds the poor dears to be cute, children to be looked after and cared for rather than a source of amusement for herself. She does look down on them a bit but, fortunately for humanity, she does so in a maternal rather than abusive way. She does know that humans are capable of looking after themselves most of the time and is actively trying not to smother them, but sometimes she falls back into such habits to keep her little humans safe.

(Default Power) //A level 0 ability, that your character has by default. Doesn’t have to be combat oriented.

(Additional Power) //Your character can unlock one new power/ability up until level 4. So any additional powers your character may have. You can leave these slots blank as well until they become relevant.

(Additional Power)

(Additional Power)

(Additional Power)

Other Points of Interest:
-
-
-

Avalon29

Mel looks like loads of fun. Also have a strange craving  to have Haru run around and try to boop her nose at random times. Not sure why.