Apache Tomcat error.

Started by Blinkin, December 24, 2012, 02:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Hello:

I have a computer problem that I'm hoping that someone here can help me fix.

A brief background... I was attempting to go to 4shared and suddenly got a window saying:

Apache Tomcat/6.0.16 - Error report

HTTP Status 500 -

The rest really doesn't seem to say anything important, but as I had gone to the site just the night before without problem, and I've never installed Apache Tomcat... I didn't know what it was at first... I would really like to know what to do with it to fix the problem.

4shared is the only site that I've hit this with and have no idea why.

I am running Windows XP and IE 8. I cannot upgrade either of these, if that would be an option to fix the issue.

I am also all but an idiot when it comes to working in the guts so to speak, so easy, idiot proof answers would be great. ;)

Thanks,
Blinkin

"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Oniya

A 500-type error is always server-based.  The good news:  You don't have to muck around in your computer, hardware or software.  The bad news:  There's really nothing to do but wait for the people at 4shared (or their provider) to fix it.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Blinkin

Well, that's good to know. That takes a load off of my mind.

But, it's been a couple of weeks since it started and still happening. A friend sent me a link this morning to something on the site, so apparently, he's getting access.

Oh well. Maybe in time, I can't find any way to contact them and say, "Hey! You got problems!" lol

Thanks and Merry Christmas.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Moraline

The website might have changed IP addresses or something.  Clear your cache if you can. Delete temp internet files, cookies, etc.

If you need more help, let me know.

Blinkin

Thanks for the suggestions. :) I admit the fact that it appears to only be effecting one site that it's a little frustrating. But, it's a relief to know that it's not my computer.

I've tried all of the above; I even went so far when it started as to restore the system to the day before because I was afraid that it was my system and bigger things were about to happen.

I have also tried searching for the site in a google search just to make sure that the address hadn't gotten screwed up in my favorites, entering it manually and having someone link me to the site. None of it's worked. At this point, it's more a mild frustration than anything, but I'm concerned that other sites will pop up like this and the information will help me not go ape-shit over something going wrong with the computer.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.