Fairy Tail Revolution Interest Check (CLOSED THREAD, CHECK OOC)

Started by SweetRevenge, June 01, 2013, 02:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AidenWhite

Especially with Lyuk. He'll have a inhumanely sized meal and after a few hours, he'd be hungry again.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

SargentToughie

Ralena actually doesn't eat that much though, she's terrified of gaining weight despite her relentless workout routine, and the fact that most weight seems to.... *cough*... allocate itself properly anyway.

I really would like to have a solution for the numbers thing though, we have quite a few overpowered characters if you're just looking at their stats. Though honestly, they're probably not going to be that big of a deal in the RP. I just don't want to set a trend of "mah character is dah bestest because he/she's so cool."

You know what I mean? I've seen stuff like that kill RPs in the past.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Mister Grimm

@ShadowFox
Hmmm. I'll probably bump his stats down then if that is what had been intended. *rubs chin*

@LeKinkyTaco:
And nah, Ry can clean. He is just really good at charcoaling his food. xD

@SargentToughie:
Mmmm, yeah, that would probably help. But if they are going up against equally tough opponents, it really comes down to how well they deal in fighting situations or how those get resolved. Just because a character has good stats doesn't mean they will walk away from everything unscathed.
I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: LeKinkyTaco on June 09, 2013, 05:21:47 PM
Looking at Ryder..I think Shun and Leona are gonna have to be the ones cooking and cleaning most of the time xD Everyone else just eats large amounts of food o.o

Oh and Leona is almost finished, i'll send her in a bit.

-Throwing around Fs like they're candy-

It just means Shun and Leona can cook in the kitchen wearing only aprons!

Shun: Here Leona, let me help you stir....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

CurvyKitten

Ok I have no idea what is ok and what isn't, to many different "I think it should be this". I am not even sure who the GM is anymore, and with so many unsure rulings I have no idea what is ok and what isn't. So I think I will just pull back out of this one. It seems like there just to many chiefs and not enough indians in this one. I hope you all have fun with this, and maybe I will eventually find a game to play my lovelies in.

SweetRevenge

Quote from: Mister Grimm on June 09, 2013, 05:08:02 PM
Ryder Knight
Ryder Knight; Twenty-Three; Male
B Rank

~ Physical Info ~
{Appearance}

Height: 6'3 Weight: 210 lbs (mostly muscles) Age: 22

{Tattoo}
Right Shoulder Blade; Black

~ Mentality ~
{Personality}
Ryder has a tendency to switch between serious and lighthearted depending on what he is doing, because he believes that being serious all the time isn't healthy for you. While he usually enjoys being sociable with his guildmates and having a good laugh, Ry also likes having time to himself to train where he comes off as cold to others because he pushes them away. He tends to avoid forming romantic relationships for reasons he never really explains, but isn't beyond the occasional fling as long as there are no strings attached. While he is generally even-tempered, certain things can set him off and get under his skin which often times end up with him snapping at people.

{Quirks}
{Phobias}
% Enjoys drinking between jobs.
Hurting his teammates due to the volatile nature of his magic. @
% Can sleep pretty much anywhere, but always wakes up in a bad mood.
Commitment Issues. @
%Somewhat of a big eater, but is incapable of cooking for himself.

~ Ability Statistics ~
Proficiencies/Stats
Strength: B+
Agility: B-
Speed: B-
Durability: B-
Senses: A-
Spirit: SS
Intelligence: S
Dexterity: B-

{Magic-Types}

Elemental Magic - Lightning

{Signature Spell}
Megavolt Punch - Ryder creates an orb of lightning around his fist and punches his target, thereby increasing the resulting damage.

{Spell List}
~ Electric Railgun - Fires a bolt of lightning from his fingertip that rockets straight across the area until it meets a target or disperses.
~ Lightning Storm - Ry creates a sphere of lightning between his hands and holds it there causing dangerous lightning bolts to fly in every direction.
~Lightning Dash - Ry covers his body in lightning and temporarily increases his speed, flexibility and maneuverability. Overuse is dangerous due to the amount of energy it takes to maintain the spell, so he takes care in only using it for short bursts across large distances.

{Non-magic Skills}
# Hand to Hand Expertise
# Knowledgeable about machines
# Polyglot

~ Personal Background ~
{Biography}
WIP

Just need to settle on a bio now and possibly tweak his personality a little.
Not sure if I got his rank right, but I'll probably just chalk that up to him not really wanting to show all the eggs in his basket.
Please use this for every spell you have. It permits to really know how powerful a move really is.

(Copy and paste for every spell/technique/ability)
Name:
Type: (Melee, Fire, Thunder, Wind, etc) / (Defensive, offensive, passive)
Range:(close, mid and long rage)
Description: (Clear explanation as to what it does, both to the target and the caster. Spells take magic and will eventually put a strain on the user)
Class: (S, A, B, C, D, E, F)

And for future references, people, use the layout I posted on the OOC, it's updated with the part it lacked!

LeKinkyTaco

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 09, 2013, 05:32:18 PM
It just means Shun and Leona can cook in the kitchen wearing only aprons!

Shun: Here Leona, let me help you stir....

Only aprons..?

Leona: S-shun i don't think stirring /that/ will help us cook..!
Butt Rest A/A (UPDATED 01/20/19)
How to make a soft taco, and a hard taco. O/O
What to eat a taco with. (One x one search)

LeKinkyTaco has taken Oath of the Drake. How about you?

Hii! I really enjoy random PMs. They always lead to something fun~. So, Pm me! ♥

Carlissa

What's the higher rank a Mage can have when it comes to their stats? SSS?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

SargentToughie

Well I'm of the opinion that, honestly, the highest we should be allowed as entry level players should be A+. Characters get stronger over time, so why not give them room to grow?

This is just my opinion though, it's not exactly concrete or anything.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Carlissa

Quote from: SargentToughie on June 09, 2013, 06:42:25 PM
Well I'm of the opinion that, honestly, the highest we should be allowed as entry level players should be A+. Characters get stronger over time, so why not give them room to grow?

That's my opinion as well, and you will see that when my profile is posted. I asked because I was curious.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

ShadowFox89

Quote from: SargentToughie on June 09, 2013, 06:42:25 PM

I'd have to agree.... This is why I prefer system games >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SweetRevenge

That makes 4 with me >.> However, a few S-class side-characters/NPC's should be allowed. A guild usually has a few S-class mages around, no? They cane eventually leave for long missions, die, settle down or be beaten by one of our own and 'steps down'....

ShadowFox89

A guild usually has 1 or 2... Fairy Tail is the exception, being one of the most powerful guilds in the entire world.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SargentToughie

Another thing that restricting players to a maximum of A stats allows is for some drama/excitement for an S class exam arc, too!
Ons and offs

LeKinkyTaco

I just think everyone should tone down on their characters. We shouldn't need a system >.<

Hii! I really enjoy random PMs. They always lead to something fun~. So, Pm me! ♥

Carlissa

Quote from: LeKinkyTaco on June 09, 2013, 06:55:42 PM
I just think everyone should tone down on their characters. We shouldn't need a system >.<

I've been thinking that for a long time. Everyone's characters are Gary-Stu's and Mary-Sue's! xD

THE PERFECTNESS IN THIS THREAD IS TOO MUCH TO HANDLE AAAAAAAAHHHHH

SargentToughie

That's not true, there are plenty of characters that are totally fine and balanced.
Ons and offs

SweetRevenge

I actually was really thinking about having a tenroujima arc for our guild eventually, if we make it! =P I'm already getting pumped for the festivals XD I need to get my second character done >.>

The stats are mainly there to show where your character is strong and where he is weak. Just a thought like this, but I believe that the mage rank and the stats shouldn't be linked. A mage who isn't strong but has heart can make it farther than his stats would let on, but they are essentially limits. I'm willing to drop down a few stats (but my dex stays... He's got about 10 years of daily swordsman training from a master and competitions. Unless everyone really thinks it's really too much...) At the same time, A C class can't really have many A-ranked skills since they aren't really that great. If they have latent skills, I'd put the high numbers in brackets and accentuate on lower skills.

Carlissa

Quote from: SargentToughie on June 09, 2013, 06:59:07 PM
That's not true, there are plenty of characters that are totally fine and balanced.

We've RPed with each other for how long and you don't know when I'm spewing bullshit? You disappoint me, Mr. Toughie. >.>

Inguess hats my fault though, since half of all of my posts are me spewing bullshit...

*crawls into corner*

LeKinkyTaco

Quote from: Carlissa on June 09, 2013, 07:03:54 PM
We've RPed with each other for how long and you don't know when I'm spewing bullshit? You disappoint me, Mr. Toughie. >.>

Inguess hats my fault though, since half of all of my posts are me spewing bullshit...

*crawls into corner*

-pats Carlissa's back- It's okay.. >.>
You saw me, Fox and Aiden spew bullshit for a whole page.. xD

SargentToughie

Quote from: LeKinkyTaco on June 09, 2013, 07:05:49 PM

andahalf
Ons and offs

Carlissa

NO IT'S NOT!!!!!!!!!

Toughie hates me...

ShadowFox89

That's right!

*smacks Taco's rear and runs off*
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Avalon29

I'm willing to tone down my character if I need to but I was going just going to keep Luca's full take over rare and only really used when facing the big baddies. Then have him grow stronger as the game went on by gaining the strength to use full take over more often and having him learn how to use full take over with his other demons.

LeKinkyTaco

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 09, 2013, 07:08:17 PM
That's right!

*smacks Taco's rear and runs off*

Ow D:< -throws nearest brick at Shadow-

Quote from: SargentToughie on June 09, 2013, 07:06:40 PM
andahalf

WHAT DO YOU MEAN AND A HALF?!?!!?

-glooms in corner with Carlissa-