Isle of the Damned - Recruitment Thread - Always Open

Started by GnothiSeauton, September 09, 2014, 04:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Howling

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 10, 2014, 01:42:07 PM
We're doing all real images right? No art?

The bio states that drawn images will be accepted as long as they aren't anime, or overly cartoonish.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 10, 2014, 01:42:07 PM
I'm excited! That sounds like a great idea and it seems like a lot of this is coming together! I wonder, what they're doing is probably legal, but possibly frowned upon? Considered sort of 'dirty work'?

I was actually thinking about making my character from the Shattered Isles, which is why she knows so much about it. So the fact that it's an open world thing we I can basically create my character's own culture and back story seems awesome! I imagine the people where she is from probably feel as if she's betrayed them. Or something along those lines.

Oh oh oh!! Getting so excited! I've already been looking at so many pictures of lady pirates.

We're doing all real images right? No art?

And Arienne and sand snakes are my favorite...which makes me think! We're allowed more than one character? I think it was two or four max? :D!!

I thought the open world type thing with the Shattered Isles would be an interesting addition.  Let people create their own little nation/kingdom in the world, with their own culture and background.  As long as it fits into the overall theme and world, I'm pretty easy going.

Real Images are preferred, but I will allow *some* art.  The only thing I'm trying to stay away from is characters whose pictures are too cartoonish or anime.  As long as it's not anime, or something that's so cartoonish, I'll most likely allow it.

I don't think I put in limits on characters, but it seems people have a lot of ideas.  I know I thought I was using great restraing in only claiming three of my own for the story.  Right now, I'm going to set limit for four character per writer, with the possibility of that being expanded.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Black Howling

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 10, 2014, 01:53:35 PM
I don't think I put in limits on characters, but it seems people have a lot of ideas.  I know I thought I was using great restraing in only claiming three of my own for the story.  Right now, I'm going to set limit for four character per writer, with the possibility of that being expanded.
I'm probably gonna just stick with the two characters I have ideas for at the moment.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 10, 2014, 01:53:35 PM
I thought the open world type thing with the Shattered Isles would be an interesting addition.  Let people create their own little nation/kingdom in the world, with their own culture and background.  As long as it fits into the overall theme and world, I'm pretty easy going.

Real Images are preferred, but I will allow *some* art.  The only thing I'm trying to stay away from is characters whose pictures are too cartoonish or anime.  As long as it's not anime, or something that's so cartoonish, I'll most likely allow it.

I don't think I put in limits on characters, but it seems people have a lot of ideas.  I know I thought I was using great restraing in only claiming three of my own for the story. Right now, I'm going to set limit for four character per writer, with the possibility of that being expanded.

Oh good. I only have three ideas right now. w00t wiggle room. >.>
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Kokaine

I just sent one in... I may go ahead and make the male I have in mind but I am trying to behave.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Aiden

I'm flirting with the idea of having two ships under my captain's command.

We have the Black Dahlia and the White Lotus.

So I would need a second captain (possibly).

GnothiSeauton

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Kokaine

Quote from: Aiden on September 10, 2014, 02:44:28 PM
I'm flirting with the idea of having two ships under my captain's command.

We have the Black Dahlia and the White Lotus.

So I would need a second captain (possibly).

Two Aiden boys? ::)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Aiden

No no, just one! The open spot is for anyone willing to fly support.

The Black Dahlia is the faster, interceptor type ship. With most of the cutthroats/raiders. It rams a ship, hooks and slows/disables it and backs off. Giving the White Lotus time to set up in range and blow it to shit if the victim vessel puts up a fight.

(also they operate away from the islands, so they sail the coasts for merchants, traders, etc...and bring it back)

Timeless

I would like to take Nicole Meyer as my face claim, by the way. >3>;; But yes, definitely taking the assassin/rogue type of deal for my character.

Kokaine

Quote from: Aiden on September 10, 2014, 02:50:28 PM
No no, just one! The open spot is for anyone willing to fly support.

The Black Dahlia is the faster, interceptor type ship. With most of the cutthroats/raiders. It rams a ship, hooks and slows/disables it and backs off. Giving the White Lotus time to set up in range and blow it to shit if the victim vessel puts up a fight.

(also they operate away from the islands, so they sail the coasts for merchants, traders, etc...and bring it back)

Ah. Gotcha.

Also, would like to reserve Jonathan Rhys Meyers please.

My O/Os

Aiden

Rel Mayer has taken the role of First mate to the White Lotus, meaning she is acting Captain during raiding and attacks.

But if anyone wants to join as a crew. I can make spots.

Possible roles -

Cannon master (Master gunner) Siege Weapon master - Someone to aim and set up the siege weaponry.
Cutthroats - Fighters
Boatswain
Cooper/Carpenter
Doctor or Surgeon

Rel Mayer

Finding so many amazing pictures of male pirates, but nothing of female pirates. In general...finding amazing pictures, but nothing quite what I'm envisioning for my character.

Excuse me while I get sucked back into the blackhole of images. >.> Unless anyone can point me to an excellent direction?

Strangefate

Well.  With the people joining I can’t hardly not.  It’s looking rather exciting.  I’ll just have to make room somehow.  No face claims at present but  I think I might like to play a recently acquired slave, a pirate of some kind, and possibly something else more rooted to the island, a business owner or someone who runs a security-for-hire type business or maybe some kid wealthy smuggler who helps resell the stolen merchandise.  Very rough ideas obviously.  I’d be happy to work something out with the groups that are already coming together though...or anyone really.  :-)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 10, 2014, 03:05:11 PM
Finding so many amazing pictures of male pirates, but nothing of female pirates. In general...finding amazing pictures, but nothing quite what I'm envisioning for my character.

Excuse me while I get sucked back into the blackhole of images. >.> Unless anyone can point me to an excellent direction?

What kind of lady are you looking for?

I have five tons a sizable collection of images

Seeking New Stories

Rel Mayer

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 10, 2014, 03:08:30 PM
What kind of lady are you looking for?

I have five tons a sizable collection of images

Oh believe me. I have soooo many pictures. I've been sitting here collecting a bunch of images here: My picture black hole.

I think I started searching right about there and there is more a few posts down. I was also searching for images for an idea for a second sort of 'sand snake' type character, but I'm focusing on this pirate lady first!

I have two images that stand out:

and my muse really wants me to play this guy for some reason:

But...I may stick with those top two images, but I still feel like it's not quite there. Although I'm probably just being overly picky. :P

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Strangefate on September 10, 2014, 03:07:43 PM
Well.  With the people joining I can’t hardly not.  It’s looking rather exciting.  I’ll just have to make room somehow.  No face claims at present but  I think I might like to play a recently acquired slave, a pirate of some kind, and possibly something else more rooted to the island, a business owner or someone who runs a security-for-hire type business or maybe some kid wealthy smuggler who helps resell the stolen merchandise.  Very rough ideas obviously.  I’d be happy to work something out with the groups that are already coming together though...or anyone really.  :-)

* Rel Mayer jumps up and down.

Oh yay!!!!! :D :D :D

Sorry about the double post, but I missed this when forming my own post.

I have an idea for a second character, but I need some sort of person to tie her to. It's barely in the making but the way I have her planned out I would need someone to tie her to.

...I should shut up and just ask you about it when I actually formulate a proper idea.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 10, 2014, 03:16:49 PM
Oh believe me. I have soooo many pictures. I've been sitting here collecting a bunch of images here: My picture black hole.

I think I started searching right about there and there is more a few posts down. I was also searching for images for an idea for a second sort of 'sand snake' type character, but I'm focusing on this pirate lady first!

I have two images that stand out:

and my muse really wants me to play this guy for some reason:

But...I may stick with those top two images, but I still feel like it's not quite there. Although I'm probably just being overly picky. :P

Me likes the the top two characters. 

And trust me...  I can be really, really picky when it comes to finding pictures, haha...

And a note...  If anyone would like to try and build connections or backstory with either of my characters listed in the Game Information thread, or any of the GM NPCs, feel free to hit me up!

Seeking New Stories

mia h

I think I'll probably be making a seemingly respectable high end merchant type but has a decidedly shady (but equally high end) illicit business.
Face claim wise I'm thinking either Laura Vandervoort or Morena Baccarin if I can find the right picture.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Kokaine

Likewise, my girl is up and open to connections, even minor ones that could maybe lead to a run in somewhere down the line.

My O/Os

Aiden

My crew is open, even if it is just as friends / business partners in port.

Captain of 2 ships

Rel Meyer -Serves as First mate on one.
Dancing Flower - is my witch/navigator
Timeless is my rogue/assassin/ Jack of Trades. and quartermaster

Our crew is gone for months at a time, pillaging other kingdoms and brings it back to the islands. So I can def see some connections there.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: mia h on September 10, 2014, 03:26:19 PM
I think I'll probably be making a seemingly respectable high end merchant type but has a decidedly shady (but equally high end) illicit business.
Face claim wise I'm thinking either Laura Vandervoort or Morena Baccarin if I can find the right picture.

Sounds good to me!

Just let me know here, or through PM, which one you choose, or if you go down a different route, and I'll add the ones you want to claim up in the pending section.

Seeking New Stories

BruceTheCat

Are there still opening to join this game, or did I come on board (get it?) too late?

It looks really interesting!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

Since there are two ships, I suppose I would need a crew for my ship as well? Or would the other ship stay attached to the big ship for most of the time, unless they were in battle. Or does it just sail beside the big ship?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Red Lobster on September 10, 2014, 03:39:58 PM
Are there still opening to join this game, or did I come on board (get it?) too late?

It looks really interesting!

Yup!

We're always open, and always looking for new recruits and damned souls.

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 10, 2014, 03:40:58 PM
Since there are two ships, I suppose I would need a crew for my ship as well? Or would the other ship stay attached to the big ship for most of the time, unless they were in battle. Or does it just sail beside the big ship?

I'm NPCing most of the crew of my two ships.  If anyone wants to join and take a position on either the Bloodlust or Raven they're more than welcome to.  I just figured that I'd end up NPCing the crews.

Seeking New Stories