Laptop Touchpad

Started by persephone325, June 29, 2016, 02:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

I have a problem with my touchpad.

I don't use it, as I'm more comfortable with a mouse. But while I'm typing, sometimes my left hand will barely graze the touchpad and the cursor will leave the box I'm typing in. Or jump to another section of the typing box while I'm still typing and I end up with weird mixed words. I tried looking in the settings and trying to disable the touchpad, but there's no option to do that. Only uninstall the software for it, and that didn't even work when I did it.

I downloaded some freeware that disables it, but that didn't work either. If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Oreo

>_> My dad had the same problem. He dremmel tooled an old cd and taped it over his touch pad. I am not sure, but other things like cardboard might work the same. I think he used the cd because he liked the picture.

Edit: 3x5 card does not work, but a plastic covered placemat does.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Thesunmaid

I am not sure if you have found a solution but I went into my device manager and disabled my touch pad mouse. It was driving me nuts. I have windows 7 if that helps. But yeah if you just google how to disable to touchpad on what ever your operating system you use you can most likely find a step by step instructions to do it. :)
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Eva

Quote from: Thesunmaid on August 23, 2016, 07:57:39 PM
I am not sure if you have found a solution but I went into my device manager and disabled my touch pad mouse. It was driving me nuts. I have windows 7 if that helps. But yeah if you just google how to disable to touchpad on what ever your operating system you use you can most likely find a step by step instructions to do it. :)

I did this on windows 10 and for the same reasons. You can also do it with the funtion keys.  FN and then F3 on my computer shuts it off. 

CriminalMindsFan

Quote from: Thesunmaid on August 23, 2016, 07:57:39 PM

Follow the above advice. I've always used a usb mouse with my laptops after disabling the touch pad mouse.

persephone325

None of the suggestions worked.

I had to download some freeware called Touchpad Pal, it works well. Like, 99% of the time.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Fenirus

I would suggest taking a look at your keyboard, specifically along the F keys.  You should see a function up there (normally needing to be paired with the function key but some laptops don't need that) that will disable to touchpad.  That's what I've done with my laptop.  If you don't see that key however you'll probably have a function on the touchpad itself, just gotta find where to double tap to turn it off.  Also, when it doubt there's always googling "How do I turn off my touchpad on (My Laptop Model)."

Hope this helps before going to the google part, but never be afraid to use it, tech support does anytime they're not sure.

persephone325

Quote from: Fenirus on August 25, 2016, 07:43:38 AM
I would suggest taking a look at your keyboard, specifically along the F keys.  You should see a function up there (normally needing to be paired with the function key but some laptops don't need that) that will disable to touchpad.  That's what I've done with my laptop.  If you don't see that key however you'll probably have a function on the touchpad itself, just gotta find where to double tap to turn it off.  Also, when it doubt there's always googling "How do I turn off my touchpad on (My Laptop Model)."

Hope this helps before going to the google part, but never be afraid to use it, tech support does anytime they're not sure.

I did try that, but it didn't work for some reason. I tried using it to adjust the brightness, and it worked just fine. So I don't know what the problem is with that.
I don't know.

Fenirus

If the brightness control worked but the touchpad button didn't it could be a driver issue.  Could always try re-downloading and installing the mouse drivers.