Himikyru Mansion. (A free form, supernatural tale, of horror, and discovery.)

Started by Prosak, March 13, 2013, 10:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosak

(Inspiration for this role play idea comes from the video game, Fatal Frame. And, the legend that was featured within it, a real legend that haunts the city of Tokyo, to this very day.)

According to urban legend, lying just beyond the city of Tokyo is one of the most haunted locations in all of Japan. The exact location of the Himuro Mansion (or Himikyru Mansion as it is sometimes known) is widely unknown but the legend puts the mansion in a rocky region just beyond the city limits of Tokyo.

The mansion is said to have been home to one of the most gruesome murders in modern Japanese history. Local lore has it that for generations, the Himuro family had participated in a strange, twisted Shinto ritual known as “The Strangling Ritual” in order to seal off bad karma from within the Earth, every half century or so.

The most popular version of the tale states that bad karma would emerge each December (other versions simply say “toward the end of the year”) from a spiritual portal on the Mansions grounds. In order to prevent this, a maiden was chosen at birth by the master of the household and isolated from the outside world in order to prevent her from developing any ties to the outside world, which would in turn, jeopardize the effect of the ritual.

On the day of the Strangling Ritual, the maiden was bound by ropes on her ankles, wrists, and neck. The ropes were attached to teams of oxen or horses to rip her limbs from her body, quartering her. The ropes used to bind her appendages would then be soaked in her blood and laid over the gateway of the portal. They believed that this would seal off the portal for another half century until the ritual had to be repeated.

During the last recorded Strangling Ritual it is said that the maiden had fallen in love with a man who tried to save her from the ritual. This “tie” to Earth tainted her blood and spirit and ruined the ritual altogether. Upon learning of the maidens love, the master took up his sword and brutally murdered all of his family members, before finally, in fear of what would soon happen, fell upon his own blade.

This is the basis of the “haunting” of the Himuro Mansion. Local legend has it that these souls of the murdered family wander the mansion attempting to repeat the failed ritual using whomever enters the abandoned building. Blood splashes on the walls are reportedly seen, as if they were flicked from the blade of a sword that had recently sliced through flesh. Many have reported seeing spirits and apparitions dressed completely in white, rinsing cloths and preparing the grounds for the ritual.

A Purported Image of the Himuro Mansion Hallway

But, recently, this once forgotten mansion. Lost in the tides of time, obscurity, and legend. Has been found. Historical Professor Akira Takahashi, expert in the paranormal, and a well known   enthusiast of the legend. Has found the mansion, and has begun the process of forming a group of like minded researchers, to venture through it's halls, and discover it's forgotten secrets. Most importantly, to gather information on the paranormal. Researchers, journalists, psychics, and even monks, priests, or anything else of that nature for protection.

But, what if the legend, is not just true, but in fact... More then they can possibly ever handle?

Details!

This is a normal role play, no role playing systems required. Except for the possible consideration, for some dice rolling involved in fighting the supernatural. There are 4 character types you can be. Each is unique in what they do, and how they can solve issues, or discover clues to the mysteries, that is the Himikyru Mansion. Characters can be any race, gender, etc. They dont have to be from Japan, just because it takes place there.

Researcher
Journalist
Psychic (Sensitives, to the paranormal.)
Spiritualist's (Monk, priest, shrine maiden, etc.)

This is meant to be a paranormal, mystery, with horror, and intrigue. Other then my characters, I shall play the 'GM'. In terms of making a path for the story, and making the scary, or paranormal events. I will have a header specific to this, which shows you that an event, is in that post.

'Event'

^, That will be the EVENT, sign. for when a event, is in my post.

I wish to make this as simple, and fun as possible. Just a simple mystery, with little concern of dice, or character death outside of wishing it to be an outcome. Once I have enough interest, I will request a sub forum, to start this under.

Openings:
Researcher's,
Journalist's,
Psychics,
Spiritualist's.

Note:Any one other then a Psychic role, can be sensitive. Just not as. Meaning, Minor sensitive/psychic.

All still very needed.

Edit: More then one, for every role. Dont feel you cant be something when it is already taken.

Characters:
Akira Takihashi, head researcher (Prosak.)
Researcher 1, french. ( reserved ,Photo)
Journalist 1, minor psychic. (Reserved, Prosak.)
Psychic 1 (Reserved, Firewave)
Psychic 2 ( Reserved, Karasu)

FireWave

I would be interested in doing this! :)

Can I have a physic spot, please?

Prosak

Photo

Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Prosak

bonjour! lol. Of coarse you can be a french researcher, glad you showed interest. I will add you to the current list of players!I should probably add that you can all be any nationality you please, and are not restricted to Japanese.

Karasu

Removed, due to vandalism.

Prosak

Lol, I number them, 1 through what ever for a reason. Also, 's is for plural meaning more. You can be a psychic as well. I would just label you, psychic 2, for your the second to show interest as a psychic. Lol, what kind of moron starts something this huge and only takes one sensitive? The more there are, the more energy and attention the group will provoke.

MissRoziel

would it be possible to play a gypsy styled spiritualist whose studied forms of exorcisms and cleansings across the world? if not that's fine then could I play a spiritualist?
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=284574.msg14007299#msg14007299

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am also taking art commissions to go towards my goal.

Prosak

Yes very much so. It is your character. How you go about being a spiritualist is your business.

MissRoziel

well I have this theory that if a spirit is up against the beliefs of it's regions it's  stronger because tit knows them and has faced them and can fight them  but if say a Buddhist origin spirit is suddenly presented with the rights of Christianity it wouldn't be prepared for those kinds of energies of blessings

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am also taking art commissions to go towards my goal.

Prosak

I can agree, but, take this into account. Ever watch Ghost Hunt? In ghost hunt there is an Australian priest. And although in japan his religion is out of place. But it still bodes effectiveness. How? A) The gesture of prayer, is universal and will anger, fluster, or gain the spirits attention. B) Faith is where the power of such things are. Although I agree the familiarity of a faith would play part. Logically.

MissRoziel

I have but then Christianity is spread through out Japan so it's not as put of place, except to older spirits in fact his particular faith is most powerful against Older spirits like in the doll case when only after he used a right of exorcism on the doll could The monk cleanse and bun it to ashes

Karasu

My Psychic will actually be Japanese, perhaps she could be from the area, or descended from the line that used to tend the place. That would make her doubly effective in bringing out more energies of the place,

Prosak

Well, she can be from Tokyo, it is a big bustling city. As for, being a part of a bloodline within the servants. That would be fine, as long as she  is not related to the family.

Karasu