The War for Crossroads (Interest Check)

Started by bubby, May 28, 2011, 04:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

This world is occupied primarily by humans, although elves and dwarves also exist. Vampires  also exist in this world, though they are an uncommon race; the average person may be fearful of these boogeymen, but they don't usually actually believe in their existence. Vampires enjoy this and encourage this belief in chalking them up to mere legends, because if they ever found out...it could be trouble. Vampires, after all, are completely out of commission during the day.
Now, in the city of Crossroad, where this RP takes place, there are two main factions of note for the sake of this roleplay: House Montague, and House Luminatti. These are both vampire 'clans', who are nominally affiliated with each other. They might not get along or be blood relatives, but they are a family in one sense of the word.
Technology is limited to approximately 16th century. People fight with swords and spears and travel by horse and carriage, so on, so forth. Magical abilities in this RP will be nominal, basically confined to smithing magic by the dwarves, and slight elemental magic by elves.

Humans:
* Live to be about 100 years old
* Tend to be tenacious and strong-willed, but of course are the weakest of the vampire prey
* Are not limited to a specific build type
* Industrious
*Are the least likely to realize a vampire is in their midst

Dwarves:
* Live to be about 200 years old
* A bit more strong-willed then humans, sought by vampires as bodyguards due to their physical attributes. Taking a dwarf is a fight even for a vampire as they are quite strong.
* Tend to be short and stocky
* Even more industrious than humans, especially when it comes to smithing
* Are muscular and strong of constitution.
*Have a SMALL amount of magic, making their smithing and artistry abilities in stone and metal unmatchable. That which a dwarf creates is highly sought after by all the races.

Elves:
* Live to be about 500 years old
* The strongest willed of the races, the biggest prize to a vampire to gain, as the elves are capable of noting that something about a vampire they might meet is fundamentally wrong; elves are of Life and vampires are of Death.
* Tend to have a slim and athletic build
* Are amazingly dexterous, but tend to not be as strong
* Have a SMALL amount of elemental magic

Vampires:
*Age of vampires is clearly unknown.
* They recover from wounds 4x faster than a human
* They are unaffected by disease and do not carry them, either
* They can get intoxicated off of someones blood if they have alcohol or drugs in their system
* Wooden stakes to the heart do NOT kill vampires. It hurts, very, very badly, but that's it.
* Fire not only is capable of destroying a vampire entirely, vampires have a natural knee-jerk fear response to it.
* A vampire can withstand about five minutes of sunlight before they spontaneously combust and die
* Even if some place safe from the sun, vampires have a tough time operating during the day time; they feel constantly fatigued and compelled to sleep.
* Vampires can be made from any of the other races

The Montague's have settled into this town, and have a large mansion estate on the outskirts with thick stone walls, a large manor house, and a large quantity of house servants and guards. The head of this clan has the appearance of a slightly eccentric aristocratic merchant-king, though this is mostly a story to explain why the Master is rarely seen in the day. The family 'crypt' is actually a bit of a sprawling labyrinth where the vampires live. Here, they keep slaves (not the house servants; they are the personal property of the head of the clan, and not to be touched) for feeding, and generally speaking, they do not go hunting. The patriarch of the clan does not wish to provoke the citizens into attacking them, having escaped a torch wielding mob several times in the far past. Montagues, however, see non-vampires as ultimately being food and tools.

The Luminatti clan are a smaller clan of vampires that live in the city itself. Beneath a seemingly innocent inn and tavern (The Four Winds) a smaller underground lair exists for the Luminatti clan. They primarily feed off of travelers that stay there, though some times they will attack and feed on the locals. The head of this clan, Lilith, runs the inn personally, as well as being the master of the Thieves Guild in town. Clan Luminatti has recently been expanding their ranks, in preparation for an attack on the Montagues. Lilith is actually the first Childe of the Montague leader, but the two simply don't see eye to eye. Their views on their existence and how they should live are entirely different. Lilith wishes to simply live the 'simple life', content to run her bar and pretend at 'humanity' as it were.

These clans are fairly homogenous with how they view things; if you were brought into existence by a Montague vampire, you've probably been groomed to look at things their way. Likewise with the Luminatti's. Defection is almost unheard of.

Characters in this roleplay will either be (or played as about-to-become) members or affiliates of the two clans mentioned above. We would like there to be a good equal amount of all races in this game, as well as equal amount within each clan. The Luminatti clan head is already taken, but all other characters are open.

TheHangedOne

While my lovely friend Bubby shall be leading things, I would just like anyone to know I am the co-author, and can help you with things, too.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

MistressofPen

This idea sounds very interesting.  I'd like to be a human or perhaps an elf, but will research and write as you direct if you need filler C's.

Thanks  :D

TheHangedOne

Glad to have you itnerested, Pen.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

MistressofPen

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 29, 2011, 04:11:52 AM
Glad to have you itnerested, Pen.  :-)

Don't think I've ever been had like that before....   ;D

DarkRose15

The idea sounds really interested. I will definitely make a character once I figure out what race I want to play ^_^
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

TheHangedOne

Glad to have another, DarkRose15.  :-) If you have any questions, please let me know. Also, if we get another two people interested, I'll add a character sheet for people to fill out.

Edit: Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.
Check out my poet tree!

MistressofPen

TheHangedOne

Because the supply is artificially lowered, and right now, the demand is quite high. Simple matter of supply and demand.  :D
Check out my poet tree!

MistressofPen

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 31, 2011, 01:02:05 AM
Because the supply is artificially lowered, and right now, the demand is quite high. Simple matter of supply and demand.  :D

Since you did so well with that one, do I have to go to work tomorrow?

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

MistressofPen

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 31, 2011, 01:06:41 AM
Hmm. What is 'no', Alex?   ;)

I so wish that were true.  (Of course, first I was thinking, "Who in hell is Alex?")

Have a good night, sir.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

bubby

Thank you for the interest Dark Rose, we're of course hoping to gain more soon!

TheHangedOne

I'm going to go ahead and post a character sheet outline. So here we go:

[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]House (if affiliated):[/b]

[b]Brief Bio:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]
Equipment:[/b]
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

Name: Lucian Farsight
Sex: Male
Race: Human
House (if affiliated): Luminatti

Brief Bio: A stubborn and stout lad, Lucian hails from far to the north, though his travels have taken him to many places. His father was a member of the city guard of his home town, and his mother was an apothecary.

It's no surprise that Lucian grew up to be a warrior, considering his father was well-renowned for his tenacity and fighting spirit... Except, Lucian's path in life was different. Lucian did not feel that life as a guardsman of the city was his calling. Instead, he sought employment as a mercenary.

His father has trained him well in the art of war, and while he prefers to fight with a sword, he is also skilled with many other weapons. As a mercenary, he often found himself guarding trade caravans that brought ore from his town through Crossroad. Crossroad, because of its location and his job, became like a home for him. Many caravans passed through or had it as their destination.

It was one night while staying at a certain tavern that he drew the attention of one of the vampires of the Luminatti clan. Potentially impressed with his simple, un-embellished tales of fighting off bandits and wild animals, or maybe drawn in by the scent of his strong warrior's blood, he was picked out as a meal.

Of course, vampires of the Luminatti clan are careful never to kill their meals, so this was an oddly pleasurable experience that Lucian ended up surviving. He spent most of that day, however, resting and recovering from being drained, attributing it all to a sudden case of illness.

Choosing to stay there another day was a life altering decision. That night, he was visited by the Matriarch of the Luminatti clan, who saw him as a strong and able-bodied warrior... perfect for what she may need in the coming nights. His mercenary's attitude also meant that his loyalty was easy to procure. Above and beyond that, it also helped that his blood was quite good...at least, as far as human's go.

Personality: Something of a bumpkin, he is quite pragmatic and a bit simple minded when it comes to solving problems, believing firmly that the simplest answer is the best answer.  He is  trusting of those who can gain his trust, and makes for a stalwart ally of anyone he views as a friend.  He takes his jobs, and most of life, quite seriously, which is some times erroneously portrayed as sullenness.

Equipment:

Long sword: A simple sword of iron that's about four feet long. It is a well crafted, but unadorned weapon that is old but well taken care of.
Dagger: A thirteen inch double bladed iron dagger, kept in an ankle sheath at almost all times "in case of emergency".
Traveler's cloak: A cloth cloak that's been treated with elm wood smoke to ward off insects. It has some old blood stains in it that stubbornly remain, but he won't get rid of it.
Protector: A light metal armor that covers the chest and back, it is designed to offer a modicum of protection without impeding mobility. Has become blackened in some areas due to oxidation.
Crossbow: A simple, small crossbow that launches metal bolts.
Check out my poet tree!