News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

How many of you are still playing Resident Evil 4?

Started by Inkidu, August 19, 2008, 10:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

I know I am. Seeing as I think they've pushed RE 5 to the end of the last quarter. It still just a bit too early for the early fall games.
Those freaking Regenerators and Garadors freak me out.
Oh while I'm at it I might as well get the sacrilege and blasphemy out of the way.
The best thing to happen to the Resident Evil series is when they got rid of the zombies! There I said it. 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Inerrant Lust

Quote from: Inkedu on August 19, 2008, 10:17:19 PM
I know I am. Seeing as I think they've pushed RE 5 to the end of the last quarter. It still just a bit too early for the early fall games.
Those freaking Regenerators and Garadors freak me out.
Oh while I'm at it I might as well get the sacrilege and blasphemy out of the way.
The best thing to happen to the Resident Evil series is when they got rid of the zombies! There I said it. 

I played mercenaries until the controller copped out on me. :P

Hunk is great fun to play, but the 8 foot tall flaming chainsaw wielding Dr Salvadore is tough to beat. :P Breaking the Ganados' necks is made of awesomesauce. ^_^

Inkidu

Yeah Super Salvador was a bitch. It took me forever to figure out how to take him down with Leon. Shotgun right to the face, close range. Talk about crap your pants.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Verse

Alas, I still am as well. Infact, I think I might have an unhealthy addiction to it. Just maaaaybe. It's come to the point where Dr Salvador or Regenerators don't scare me anymore. Infact, the only thing that still scares me in the game are those Worm Plagas that burst from people's heads from time to time. I don't like knowing I can have my head bitten off at any time, thank you very much.

And Mercenaries is extremely fun. I like Wesker for the simple fact that he has the good ole' Thrust Punch. And the magnum doesn't hurt, of course.

Inkidu

Quote from: Verse on August 20, 2008, 01:04:34 PM
Alas, I still am as well. Infact, I think I might have an unhealthy addiction to it. Just maaaaybe. It's come to the point where Dr Salvador or Regenerators don't scare me anymore. Infact, the only thing that still scares me in the game are those Worm Plagas that burst from people's heads from time to time. I don't like knowing I can have my head bitten off at any time, thank you very much.

And Mercenaries is extremely fun. I like Wesker for the simple fact that he has the good ole' Thrust Punch. And the magnum doesn't hurt, of course.
Because even Super Salvador. (Who scares the living hell out of me) Goes down in three hits.
I like H.U.N.K. personally. He has panache.

Sabby

I don't like how Resident Evil 5 has bowed to pressure and thrown a bunch of random nationalities into the game. I really don't think being in the middle of shanty town Africa, your going to see equal parts black white red and brown :/ I understand they were trying to get themselves out of hot water but bowing to a babies wailing and giving it its bottle only tells it it can get what it wants from you.

Anyway, can't wait for it :) had the pleasure of playing RE4 once and almost completed it.

Inkidu

Honestly I thought they were in Morocco. The language sounded Hispanic to me and it had a large (I'm going to say it.) Black population.
I hadn't realized they'd done that though. With the other nations. To me it wouldn't have been racist because like the Ganados they're monsters.

Sabby

A big bullshit outcry of 'racism'. it was totally expected though. Your in Africa, a 'white Caucasian as the hero, slaughtering black Africans' such a fuss was made they decided to change it so everything from deepest black to honeyed beach boys to pale people were involved. This is a racial issue, so all races must be slaughtered equally, apparently :P

Inkidu

No one screamed racism when Leon Scott Kennedy slaughtered a village full of Europeans.
Oh but if Chris Redfield (Who I think might be part Native American) kills one black guy its game over.

Sabby

Inkidu

Well I mean if they moved to another African locale their might be a significant white population. However it didn't seem to me that that whatever town it was wouldn't be in South Africa.

Sabby

Its out in the Africa you see in World Vision :P flies on children's faces and all that. The reasoning for the locale was the stories of zombies originated in deep Africa. It was a fitting place for the series to head to. But now, apparently Africa has actual Africans as a minority, which should be considered racist :P

Inkidu

Well the original T-Virus was an offshoot of the Ebola virus. So Africa makes sense. Maybe they're actually humanitarian aide people? XD

Sabby

Racism aside, I'm really looking forward to RE5. I just wish they would throw in some better decals. A clip of smg fire in someones chest is guna leave some holes, and a sniper to the head won't cleanly explode it.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabbat on August 21, 2008, 08:35:21 PM
Racism aside, I'm really looking forward to RE5. I just wish they would throw in some better decals. A clip of smg fire in someones chest is guna leave some holes, and a sniper to the head won't cleanly explode it.
That depends on the caliber of the rifle. Anyway they have to keep some limit on it or it ends up AO and not in retail.

Sabby

You'd be surprised what can waltz into a 15+ rating without a problem :P massive amounts of graphic violence can slip past the ratings board, but things like morphine and sex just don't fly XD haha

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabbat on August 21, 2008, 10:32:22 PM
You'd be surprised what can waltz into a 15+ rating without a problem :P massive amounts of graphic violence can slip past the ratings board, but things like morphine and sex just don't fly XD haha
15+? That's not an American ranking. AO is adults only. Though the graphics do account. Look at Brawl. It finally hit teen and it was probably due to improved graphics.

Sabby

Something completely messed up and explicit like Condemned 2 makes a 15 plus rating here without a problem, but prescription drug use and racial issues get the banhammer a lot. We're infamous for our stupid ratings board. But I'm going kind of off topic for this >__<

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabbat on August 22, 2008, 10:19:48 AM
Something completely messed up and explicit like Condemned 2 makes a 15 plus rating here without a problem, but prescription drug use and racial issues get the banhammer a lot. We're infamous for our stupid ratings board. But I'm going kind of off topic for this >__<
Where's here if you don't mind. So no GTA for you?

Sabby

Australia :P do a google on the OFLC (office of film and literature classification)

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabbat on August 22, 2008, 08:31:39 PM
Australia :P do a google on the OFLC (office of film and literature classification)
Ah, I see. We've got the good old ESRB (Electronic Software Rating Board.) In America you don't have to even get it rated by the ESRB but you're not going to get it in any retail store.