News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Shadowrun (4th Edition)

Started by ZK, February 19, 2006, 08:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylie

I think I will manage one way or another (dead or alive, nyuk nyuk), so long as the game hasn't changed entirely from the concepts that I used for a middle of the road character ten years ago.  But I still tend to think of Shadowrun as a system that encourages specialized  min/max with its various priorities of dice pools linked through various stats and equipment.  So I sympathize a little with the contingent that says, what in the world.  Heh. 

Perhaps if we could look at a sample character - perhaps something with a little bit of everything (an adept?) - with little notes about why various things were chosen in system terms, it would make things easier.  Is there a good site for this? 

Or alternatively, a place online where people who don't want to go through so much design could pick up specialized protoypes that have been fleshed and decked out a bit?

kylie

*divide and conquer, cough, I mean: bump this question*

Do cyber eyes work for elves?  Are they compatible with elf vision, or what happens with that?

Mindhazingsquid

Cyber eyes involve surgecaly removing your eyes and replacing them with what amount to tiny cameras that hook straight into your brain.
They work for elves, orks, trolls or anyone.  They replace elf vision.

Natalie C. Barney

What I and some others need is someone to do the character and under my interests. Kind of step-by-step starting with her stats...then to other areas.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Lilian

What you need is someone to fuel your need to be lazy. =D

Natalie C. Barney

Well let see I don't have the rulebook and can't find anything on-line to give me the information I need to build  character so I don't call that lazy.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

ZK

I haven't even made the board yet, worrying about creating a character isn't really neccisary. I'm not going to be creating the game any time "soon" anyway, perhaps at first of March when I have time.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Zakharra

Quote from: Lilian on February 23, 2006, 06:05:10 PM
What you need is someone to fuel your need to be lazy. =D

More like helping someone who is completely unfamiler with the system to make a character. I'm in that boat myself.  :-\

Lilian

Whatever happened to poking fun at people?
Do I need to stick it on the end of a baseball bat to get it across nowadays?  :-\

Zakharra

Umm..maybe because humor is a little hard to do on a online forums..?

Lilian

Whaddaya think emoticons are for?  ;D

Zakharra

Quote from: Lilian on February 23, 2006, 08:47:42 PM
Whaddaya think emoticons are for?  ;D

Emphasis.  ;D >:( :( :o ??? :P :-* :-\ ;) ;D

Lilian

Zakharra

I'm still in the same boat though  in trying to make a PC

Vice

Quote from: Creeper on February 23, 2006, 04:22:24 PM
Not to mention Cyberlimbs are teh hawt!

What? They are!

This is true. I've just never been able to afford them at character generation.  :-\

Lilian

It wriggles and squiggles and makes you feel OH SO GOOD! Gotta love my cyber.. ..limb. XD

Creeper

Curses. I paged through 4th edition all day and now I have 4 characters I'd like to play along with Jimmy Fingers.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

GoldenChild

There I have done some reading now :)

My idea of a character concept will be an ex-assassin from Japan (Crying Freeman style for those of you who know of the book). He will probably be a physical adept of some kind but that isn't certain at this point.

kylie

I never played long enough to build anything real heavy cyberedr, but my impression (from like 2nd Ed., heh) was that you had to be in the very highest income bracket to afford cyber limbs, if at all.  Even wired reflexes were expensive, when they (apparently now past tense) were the rage. 

I tended to make characters that either just squeaked by or quickly croaked in major firefights, but if they squeaked by then they would get the  mission payoff and beef up gradually.  Ironically, players seemed to like some of these characters for having the spunk to be around at all (their tougher characters tended to intimidate or disable them out of pure contempt, though). 

Characters in D&D get levels...  characters in Shadowrun get cyber, was pretty much how I thought of it.  Although in sustainability terms, I never have been really taken with the idea of a super mechanical type.  I'm sure there are some very simple ways to handicap them or just plain shut them down.  Something like EMP, enough tin foil and a power outlet, big magnets, whatever.

Vice

Wired Reflexes are still the best deal in speed, for my money. You get the most bang for your buck. And you get to be twitchy. ;)

Cosmo_ac

I was thinking about creating an Ex-lone star detective shadowrunner with one cybernetic left arm, and one cyber eye, the right one being real.  He would have lost his arm and eye in an explosion which people believe killed him.  He would have a grudge against the Yakuza and one of the big coperations.  He would still have a few contacts in Lone star with one or two officers who know who he really is. Would that be ok?

Zakharra

I'd have a character to give ZK, but I can't get the one program she suggests to use for PC creation, to work. I can get the character sheet to unpack and come up, but damned if I can't get the other files to unpack.  >:(  So I can't get a PC in until I can get that doen or someone ehlps me make a PC . Damn it..

*sulks*

ZK

One player per character.

As for the character creation thing, I've told I'll help people when I am starting to accept characters and such on a regular basis. I haven't even made the room yet, I'm still rolling Prime Runners. o.o So keep your hats, socks or whatever people. ^^

I'm also trying to determine what board it should go into, any suggestions?

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

GoldenChild

Considering that it is Shadowrun I would think Heavy Exotic.

ZK

That was what I was thinking.

With the Matrix, BTL Chips, Simmodules and Body Mods.