PC Optimizer Advice

Started by King Serperior, September 12, 2015, 08:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Okay, it seems that my computer is running extremely slowly and, according to the Avast anti-virus program I have, needs optimization..  What I am asking is if there are any free optimizers I can download that are safe and trustworthy?  It's gotten to the point where I can barely load up a page and it's worse if there are images on the page.

So, if anyone knows of any, please let me know.  Thanks!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Cycle

I'm not sure what Avast means by "optimization" but CCleaner is handy.  You can get it here from FileHippo.

King Serperior

Quote from: Cycle on September 12, 2015, 08:48:09 PM
I'm not sure what Avast means by "optimization" but CCleaner is handy.  You can get it here from FileHippo.
There seems to be junk files that all computers build up over time as well as some PC tweaks that are supposed to increase PC speed.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Cycle

In that case, CCleaner may be your thing.  It will get rid of all the "temp" and "cached" stuff.  It also has a registry fixer that'll get rid of gunk in there. 

King Serperior

Alrighty, that is exactly the thing I have been looking for.  Thanks, Cycle!  ^.^

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Tsenta

Having routine defrags help as well.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.