Arlyn's latest interest.

Started by Arlyn, April 26, 2009, 09:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arlyn

Alright, here's the basic gist of things.  This'll be a Light-Exotic Solo.

The character I intend to use is named Arik.  I've used him rather often in various RPGs over the 'net, but basically he's either high school or college-aged and in a modern setting (most often with fantasy elements, such as magic, other races, etc).  I'd like to RP him in a high school setting, and he'd be 17 years old, a sophomore or junior.  Basic background is this: he's mute, unable to talk due to either a curse set upon him while a baby or a toddler or just a birth disorder.  He can see and hear, however.  Throughout school, though getting decent grades, he has become fairly withdrawn and reclusive as most of his peers see him as simply a target.

For example, when someone needs to show some sort of demonstration, he's often the one chosen since he can't say no.  The butt of many jokes because he can't defend himself, Arik is often alienated from all walks of people at the school.  The one or two times during his freshman year that he seriously attempted to go to a dance with a girl (he goes to the dances by himself the rest of the time), the girls basically used him for a free dinner and ticket into the dance before dumping him aside and going to her real date once inside.

What I'm looking for is a fairly dominant female character... possibly non-human, or part human, feel free to choose for yourself.  One that could actually show an interest in him that isn't entirely selfish, and see about improving his self esteem, rather than basically dominating him.

Other than the world 'centered' around my character...

In this world, there are many different races of beings.  Long ago, they gave up attempting to fight humans- humans spread far too quickly and grew too advanced to be fought easily.  As a result, the non-humans forged a powerful magic spell that has protected them to the modern day.  This spell allows any magical creature to assume a human form automatically to disguise themselves.  However, their auras are that of whatever they truly are, and their true forms may be seen if they actively dispell the auto-spell for a while.  Over the millenia, thoughts of survival faded, and most of these beings truly do see themselves as more human than they originally were.  Only the eldest of the various races and their historians know of their old powers and abilities, and few still possess the strongest of them.  As water dilutes many things, so too has the illusion sapped the races' special powers in order to keep them hidden from the human world.

But as humans begin a march to populate the entire world, it is merely a matter of time before ancient references to their cities may be discovered and sought out aggressively.  While some have decided to shed their pact with the spell that keeps them safe from human discovery, many others just simply live out their lives peacefully.  Eventually, it may lead to a war... in the far future, perhaps.  Or sooner than one may think...

Sounds kinda weird, and a bit vague in parts, I know.  But PM me if you're interested and we can iron out the details.

Additional Info: Due to the single type of characters suggested for this RP, oddly enough the same kind of characters, I'm going to do some extra specifications as to what kind of character I'd like to RP with.

Races not wanted: Vampires, most lycans (negotiable), ogres, undead characters of -any- sort, low-born fey/sidhe (higher court-type sidhe are fine, just no standard fairies or such, please).  If anthros are involved, let's make sure that they're actually intelligent and not simply 'wild' or 'feral'.

Suggested races: Elves, dark elves, humans, lamia, nekojin, kitsune, half/hill giants, high-Sidhe, demi-deities, or even angels or godesses (along with their more underworld counterparts).

Morgana

Arlyn