Blind Faith: a post-apocalyptic setting (LBGT friendly and Recruiting!)

Started by Cleo4u2, October 25, 2012, 05:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cleo4u2

And we're up!

Blind Faith: The Journey

Blind Faith: IC/OOC and Character Sheets

If necessary, I'll add a posting order to the OOC thread. Eventually, I'll add another thread for when people leave the main group on supply runs and the like.

For anyone who doesn't have a character sheet up: There is still time to get your sheet up and approved before I change how anyone joins the journey. This doesn't mean you can't join, just that you'll have to meet up with everyone after they've left the school.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Ons/Offs and Info ~ Plot Ideas - Updated 6/213/16

My /Aways Updated 8/25/16

Crowe

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on October 28, 2012, 01:43:07 PM
And we're up!

Blind Faith: The Journey

Blind Faith: IC/OOC and Character Sheets

If necessary, I'll add a posting order to the OOC thread. Eventually, I'll add another thread for when people leave the main group on supply runs and the like.

For anyone who doesn't have a character sheet up: There is still time to get your sheet up and approved before I change how anyone joins the journey. This doesn't mean you can't join, just that you'll have to meet up with everyone after they've left the school.

Both links lead to the same thread.

Cleo4u2

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Crowe

Cleo4u2

I've moved all the character sheets to the IC/OOC thread except for Branwen and Angel Eros. The former because she did it herself (<3) and the later because I'm going to wait for a picture to move it, though it is still approved and you can post replies if you want. Any further announcements, etc., will be put into the IC/OOC thread.

Cleo4u2

Apparently not everyone realized that we have started the story already. On the first page, and above, is the link to the OOC page and the IC thread. If it isn't working for you, we are Blind Faith in the Extreme Small Groups forum.

SablePaladin

Character Sheet

Username:  SablePaladin
Character Name: Chrissa Williamson
Height: 5'7"
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Gray
Appearance: Slender, lithe. Her work on her parents' ranch has kept her in very good shape. Usually wears jeans, tshirt, sneakers, and jacket to school.
Sexuality: Hasn't explored it very much, but technically, she's open to anything.
Personality: Chris tends to be serious a lot of the time. She can be dour, her humor sarcastic and morbid. She didn't garner many friends at school, mostly because she hated all the drama that went along with large groups of friends. However, once she determines she likes someone, she is extremely loyal, possibly to a fault. She believes in helping others, but she doesn't care much for what she calls "the stupid gene." People who aren't her friends get one mistake around her. Any more than that, and they're on their own.

History: Chris grew up on her family's horse ranch outside of town. Every day, she goes to school, and then drives her beat up pickup back home. Once there, she finishes her homework, and spends the rest of her evening working on the ranch. On weekends, she gets a bit of time off, but usually doesn't have much going in the way of a social life. Riding became second nature to Chris, and it became a passion as well as a hobby for her.

She had a lot of friends when she was younger, in elementary school. However, as she grew up and had to devote more time to the ranch, many of her friendships grew distant. The kids she used to hang out with were mostly from town, and didn't understand how much time she had to put into her family's business. Nor did they understand the independent, self-reliant way of life she was brought up in. As a result, Chris had felt more and more socially isolated over the years, though she tries hard to remain a friendly person. Her own personality often works against her in this, but she does try.

Skills/Hobbies: A skillful rider, very adept at handling animals, particularly horses. She also has experience with guns, mostly rifles. She can shoot squirrels with a .22 long rifle from horseback, while on the move. Her experience does not include any sort of military training or tactics, however.
How he/she met Michael: Chris has seen Michael in the halls of school quite often, and may even have had a few conversations with him. She was often intrigued by him, though, and when he spoke up the morning this all began, she paid careful attention.
Additional Notes: Nothing additional at this time. Once I get into this more, ideas will start flowing.
Corrupt.
----------------
O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=116344.0 - Modified 10-24-12.
Feel free to send me PMs with RP ideas!

Cleo4u2

That looks great, Sable. And we finally get our first person with fire arm experience! I'm gonna move your sheet to the ooc thread, but feel free to post in the IC thread I the mean time.

Chreestafer

Hey I just found this thread I'm curious if your still looking. If so I'd like to jump on. Maybe and 18year-old whose one of those quiet and smart kids.  Not nerd or junkie or geek but also not a jock and even though he's smart though to be in honors courses he doesn't mix well with the preppy kids. He's just kinda there...

Maybe takes up an archery club? (I had one at my school)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Cleo4u2

We are still looking, Chreestafer. Unfortunately, we've already established that there is no archery club at school, but that doesn't mean he can't have had it as a hobby and fine to private tournaments.

Chreestafer

If that's possible I'd like to do that :) private hobbies are cool.  Now I saw that you have started already maybe I can pick it up as if I was home from school sick and woke up feeling better and decided to come in late? Oh and I see your lack of bi guys I can do that to :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Cleo4u2

That would be really appreciated. Though we're actually still at the school and the hour time limit isn't up yet. Our newest player should be posting there soon. So if you want to make a cheater, I can approve it and get you over there today as well.

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

Cleo4u2

>_> I am totally posting from my phone and auto correct totally hates me.

I meant character

Chreestafer

Hahaha its ok I'm doing the same and trust me I know how that is. Stupid autocorrect! Lol so anyways dear what all do you need from me to start? Just the character sheet? Also are you writing my intro into it or am I? If I am doing so where should I start? Also just to clear it with you I was thinking his and Michaels relation could be based off one of the times he had stuff thrown at him my character stood up for him? Maybe later that day my character got beat up for standing up for the blind kid.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Cleo4u2

Just the character sheet. Pictures are nice, but not required.

You will be writing your intro starting from how tge morning went (with his parents sleeping in or what ever), through the announcement posted above, then what he does until he gets to the parking lot with the others. The first post is a but of a long one. Perhaps, after heating what Michael had to say, he drives home for his bow/other supplies and it's just now arriving back at tge school.

Him meeting Michael like that would be fine, but there is another student watching him at that point to protect him; thehangedman's Jack. The character would probably then step in to protect yours as well, which would mean you'd have met then both at the same time. Send him a PM and see if that sounds good to him and/or work out any details.

Marie Reynolds

I am interested in this if their is still room but not sure if I am interested in playing at the high school age maybe if i could just reserve a spot after the three years and if the cure is found . I hope that would  be acceptable.

CurvyKitten

Is it to late to join this one? I have been wanting to play in a post-apocalyptic game for a while. Just can't seem to find one that takes off the ground. So if I am still able to I'd love to join.

Cleo4u2

It's definitely not and we're open to high schoolers and up atm. If you're up for the high school age, we're I can get you in right away after character approval.

EbonyQueen

I'm honestly... a bit interested in joining myself, never played in a post-apocalyptic game, that is if you all are still accepting.

Character Sheet

Username: EbonyQueen
Character Name: Vivian Abasi
Height: 5' 6"
Hair: Black
Eyes: Dark Brown
Appearance:

Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality: Outgoing, but with a -touch- of shyness to her.
History: Having been in foster care since she was a young woman made moving from town to town not all that unfamiliar to her. Staying with a multitude of different families in different parts of the country actually lead to her picking up a good number of useful skills. Picking up a various mix of martial arts most notably the Krav Maga style of no-nonsense self defense. She learned how to cook (a little), how to hunt and even maintain firearms. Not a very accomplished student she struggles with Mathematics and science but excels at art. A member of the cheerleader squad she has redoubled her efforts in the past year to try and open up and come out of her 'shell'. Even though with that comes attention from the group of bullies which seem to be quite active in the school.
Skills/Hobbies: Martial Arts (Krav Maga), Firearms training (Rifles, shotguns, pistols), basic cooking abilities, oil painting, pottery
How he/she met Michael: Knows him only passingly, shared classes, opening doors for the student she believed was totally blind.
Additional Notes: She has several siblings some older and some younger than herself that she has not seen in quite awhile. Some of those siblings were not exactly the most friendly type.
Starting Gear: A set of clothes, her backpack which inside has a small set of paint and a few brushes

-Edited to include character for consideration.

Cleo4u2

I'm definitely still recruiting! For my story to really work, I need about 15 people and at the moment....I'm quite short XD We're also open for all character genders/sexualities. I haven't had time to update the front thread just yet.

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on November 02, 2012, 09:35:03 PM
I'm definitely still recruiting! For my story to really work, I need about 15 people and at the moment....I'm quite short XD We're also open for all character genders/sexualities. I haven't had time to update the front thread just yet.

I will work up a character sheet then, would you like it PMed to you for approval?

Cleo4u2

I like to keep the character sheets here so others can get an idea of skills and/or established relationships they'd like to ask for.

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on November 02, 2012, 09:44:34 PM
I like to keep the character sheets here so others can get an idea of skills and/or established relationships they'd like to ask for.

I edited my initial interest post with my character sheet for consideration.

Saerrael

This.. looks interesting. Especially because I had a post-apocalyptic game not start a while ago. (Can't use the character made for that game, though, it was more SciFi-y)
If I read correctly, you're now open for older characters? I might be able to come up with a 20-23yo swordsman (hobby/ skill), who's slightly mental and completely gay.
Not sure on the 'how to meet the group', though.