News:

Main Menu

Recommended Anime

Started by Hunter, October 24, 2010, 02:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

I'm down to the last couple of series that I want to watch (be done tomorrow or the day after) and I'm now looking for suggestions of new material (any suggestions welcome) to watch.  I've seen all of Bleach, Inuyasha, Full Metal, and Naruto that I care to.

Thank you.   8-)

A short list of what I've seen in the past six months or so (that I can remember):
Ah My Goddess!, Burn Up Scramble, Banner/Crest of the Stars (all), Blood+, Blue Gender, Burst Angel, Chobits, Claymore, Code Geass, Devil May Cry (watching currently), DN Angel, Escaflowne (to be watched tomorrowish), Fate Stay Night, Gunslinger Girl (all), Hellsing (all), High School of the Dead, Love Hina (all), Slayers (all), Spice and Wolf (all), Trigun, Witch Hunter Robin, UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie.

What I'm watching currently as it becomes available:
Caanan, Tears to Tiara, Kekkaishi, Fortune Arterial, Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls, Queens Blade

Gensokian

Well, one that I could certainly recommend is Higurashi (English dub by Funimation is titled "When They Cry"; it's actually well done). It can be a bit confusing at first, but I absolutely love it.  ;D

Nyarly

Damn, I wanted to recommend Higurashi but now you beat me to it.

I've mostly only read the manga of Higurashi and only watched the episodes of the Tsumihoroboshi, Saikoroshi and Hirukowashi arcs, but I read that it suffers quite from Adaptation Decay (at least the first season). I've never played the Visual Novels, though, so I can't say how different it actually is. What I can say is that it is one of the greatest mangas, I've ever read. The fact that I hear the Shmion Image Song and use a Takano avatar is a direct result of that.

Anyway, I don't watch many animes (I read mangas more), but Noir is a great series.

Gensokian

Oh, you wanted to recommend Higurashi? I never knew you liked it~.

*is not being serious, as he recognizes Takano from the avatar* =3

LongN4

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is just epic, though its a bit slow paced and its animation is dated as hell.
Yang Wenli Hute!

Desert Punk is always good for shits and giggles.
Desert Punk bloopers

and Sengoku Basara is so ridiculous that its awesome
Basara - PUT YA GUNS ON

As for others I really like .hack/SIGN, Gunbuster, Age of Aquarion, seitokai yakuindomo is a good new one.
"Robin Hood has thou been stealing my valuables and giving them to the poor?"
"Yes"
"and you've stolen my girlfirend to?"
"Yes"
"and now your giving her to the poor?"
"YES!"
"Your giving her to the poor?"
"Yes, that is what I said!"

Gensokian

*drools at the mentioning of .Hack, thinking of Ohka* Mmm...wolf girls...

Caeli

I recommend Eden of the East and Durarara. They're both quirky and have an interesting pace to them; I also quite enjoyed the soundtracks, which is a big factor for me with media arts.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Bubbles

I read manga more as well,currently. >.>

Recommends: .Hack, One Piece, Zombie Loan, Death Note, Hunter x Hunter,
A/AO/O's
No more RP's.I am swamped for now.

Jag

Probably nothing you haven't already seen...but...

Angel Sanctuary

Alexander Senki

Battle Angel Alita

Beyblade

The Big-O

Black Blood Brothers

Black Jack: A Surgeon with the Hands of God

Blue Submarine No. 6

Baki the Grappler

Cardcaptors

Cowboy Bebop

Cyborg 009

Candidate for Goddess

Digimon Adventure

D.N.Angel

FLCL

Fruits Basket

Fushigi Yûgi - The Mysterious Play

Galaxy Angel

Great Teacher Onizuka

Gundam 008MS Team

Heat Guy J

Hikaru no Go

Infinite Ryvius

Love Hina

Marmalade Boy

Outlaw Star

Paradise Kiss

Paranoia Agent

Pet Shop of Horrors

Please Teacher

Read or Die

Ronin Warriors

Rurouni Kenshin

Revolutionary Girl Utena

Sailor Moon

Saint Seiya

Saiyuki Reloaded

Samurai Jack (not technically anime, but damn it's good!)

Shaman King

Shinzo

Street Fighter II V

Tenchi Muyo!

Tenchi in Tokyo!

Tokyo Babylon

Trigun

Vision of Escaflowne

Weiss Kreuz (screw Glühen!)

Wolf's Rain

X/1999

Yu Yu Hakusho

Zoids

I fully support the watching of all of these wonderful shows. ^_^ The bold ones are my favorites.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Chevalier des Poissons

Michi loves Yu Yu Hakusho?

I officially love her from now on.
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

Jag

Quote from: Chevalier des Poissons on October 27, 2010, 04:54:06 PM
Michi loves Yu Yu Hakusho?

I officially love her from now on.

*smooches*

Of course I love it. ^^

Ani Toguro was my favorite villain. He was such a creepy little freak. ^^

Chevalier des Poissons

Quote from: Michi No Sora on October 27, 2010, 08:09:20 PM
*smooches*

Of course I love it. ^^

Ani Toguro was my favorite villain. He was such a creepy little freak. ^^

Ani Toguro was awesome :3 But I like Sensui more =P
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

Jag

Quote from: Chevalier des Poissons on October 27, 2010, 08:16:05 PM
Ani Toguro was awesome :3 But I like Sensui more =P

Sensui was just whiny, didn't know what he wanted. :P Ani just wanted to kill and he knew it.

Hunter

I'll look at these next week, as I got 'distracted' and finished the first part of my Claymore storyline (found in the storytelling section).

And keep them coming.  ^_^

darkninja0200

I'd suggest

Rosario Vampire

Hentai Kamen

Bobobo bo bobobo

Sailor Moon

Tenchi (all of its many universes)

DBZ

Drake Valentine

*Drums fingers.*

Fairytale
To Aru Majustu No Index (Takes awhile to pick up,  but there is violence/death(I believe) in that series.) I only saw season one, haven't watch season two yet.
Tenge Tenjou(or something like that) School martial arts/tournament base/comedy.
Tsubasa Chronicle(I highly recommend this series) It is martial arts base/world travel base. It is hard to explain, cause I don't want to spoil it.

It will really take me forever to list everything. I have habit of bouncing from one anime and then then the next. If you tell me what type of genre you are leaning more too, I am sure I can help you out with some other older series that hadn't been westernize or if so, didn't get enough hype/popularity to be widely known.

I am not too familiar with many 09 - 10 yearly released animes, I slowed down watching anime in 08. (Mostly because I seen a lot of series and got bored with anime.)

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Rahvun

well a loootttt of anime has been suggested, so I wont list off all of them again. But the one series I will recommend is Gunam Wing. My favorite of the Gundam franchise for sure.

By the way, how is Escaflowne? I remember seeing a few episodes a while ago and thinking it might be good, but never following up on it.

Kirinis

Would that be Full Metal Alchemist or Full Metal Panic that you've seen, Hunter?

Let see, if you want unadulterated silly and ridiculous then Excel Saga might be up your alley.  Magic Users Club is another goodie if you like grade school high-jinks with a pinch of magic.  Of course if you have a fuzzy spot for the mecha genre then there's Vandread and Mars Daybreak which plays out bit like Nadesico underwater on Mars.

Hunter

Quote from: Kirinis on October 31, 2010, 10:54:00 PM
Would that be Full Metal Alchemist or Full Metal Panic that you've seen, Hunter?

Both.

Kirinis

Quote from: Hunter on October 31, 2010, 11:22:27 PM
Both.

Let see, there's also Gatekeepers and Gatekeepers 21 which are pretty light-weight entertainment.  If you want something shoujo then there's Skip Beat about the merry adventures of a girl who will Japan's top idol to spite her ex-boyfriend.  Or Ouran Host Club for some reverse-harem situations with a pinch of cross-dressing.  Also Full Moon is good for a bit of seriousness.

Hunter

Quote from: Rahvun on October 30, 2010, 11:16:34 PM
well a loootttt of anime has been suggested, so I wont list off all of them again. But the one series I will recommend is Gunam Wing. My favorite of the Gundam franchise for sure.

By the way, how is Escaflowne? I remember seeing a few episodes a while ago and thinking it might be good, but never following up on it.

Gundam Wing is far and away the worst of the series, and the least true to the concept presented.   Escaflowne feels like RayEarth Magic Knight.

Jag

Quote from: Hunter on November 01, 2010, 11:45:29 AM
Gundam Wing is far and away the worst of the series, and the least true to the concept presented.

Thank you! Couldn't agree more.

Rahvun

Really? You like it less than Gundam 00? Because that was just god awful, in my opinion. Meh, maybe I just have a soft spot for Wing since it was really my first anime.

Hunter

Wing never should have been called Gundam in the first place.  And I haven't seen 00 yet.

Rahvun

You really hate Wing that much hey? Well, to each their own. But you wont like 00 then. It seemed to me like a crappy (really crappy) remake of Wing.

Out of curiousity, what is your favorite Gundam?