War of the Clans: Blood on the Scales [Open]

Started by The Golden Touch, April 25, 2014, 06:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 26, 2014, 01:07:28 PM
What I meant is that the creature would be a familiar, you know a NPC. I would like that to happen as I would play a standard character like I have been saying all along

This is probably offensive, but your explanations really need work. All NPCs are under my control. What class are you planning on making your Rakshasa?

Quote from: Aiden on April 26, 2014, 01:07:47 PM
Goldie do you have the link to my old sheet? I do want to do some changes but overall keeping it the same.

And I WILL be a sky pirate! You will give in to me!

I'll search my PMs again.

And no! No sky pirates. Stubborn male. -huffs-

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Metro Mech

Quote from: The Golden Touch on April 26, 2014, 01:10:23 PM
This is probably offensive, but your explanations really need work. All NPCs are under my control. What class are you planning on making your Rakshasa?

Sorry it is a bad habit of not explaining stuff well, anyways my character class would be sorcerer because I like magic
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 26, 2014, 01:15:12 PM
Sorry it is a bad habit of not explaining stuff well, anyways my character class would be sorcerer because I like magic

I can see that.

A sorcerer is acceptable. This idea of a familiar/ a creature residing in his body/ a being loyal to its creator/ whatever extra NPC you'd like attached to him, is not. No extras, no freebies.

Metro Mech

Aw... all well but anyways can I have something more common then?
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
Behold my O/O

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 26, 2014, 01:22:11 PM
Aw... all well but anyways can I have something more common then?

I'm going to move this to PMs.

The Golden Touch

We always seem to have a mass amount of Rakshasa before we get our second Deva. Gods have mercy.

-huffs-

Metro Mech

Behold my O/O

The Golden Touch

We'll let the thread sit idle (so to speak) for a day or so. We have four people already, and if need be, I know Kiric had designs on a Rakshasa before I requested he choose a side.

Huge Rakshasa campaign!!

IrishWolf

Goldie, I still would love to play my Deva, Vasily Denisov, if you'd like to have me.

The Golden Touch

Quote from: IrishWolf on April 26, 2014, 05:14:46 PM
Goldie, I still would love to play my Deva, Vasily Denisov, if you'd like to have me.

Done. I'll list you.

Drake Valentine

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Drake Valentine on April 27, 2014, 02:24:09 AM
Bookmarked.

Which side are you more inclined to so I can keep my lists up to date?

Drake Valentine

Quote from: The Golden Touch on April 27, 2014, 05:14:58 AM
Which side are you more inclined to so I can keep my lists up to date?

Honestly, I have yet to read anything. Most of the things were scrolled through when I was on cell at the time of that last message; and I won't have much time to go through anything today.

Soooo.. Bookmarking was what it was, bookmarking. >_<

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Drake Valentine on April 27, 2014, 07:38:16 AM
Honestly, I have yet to read anything. Most of the things were scrolled through when I was on cell at the time of that last message; and I won't have much time to go through anything today.

Soooo.. Bookmarking was what it was, bookmarking. >_<

Aww, you kill my joy! Hopefully you enjoy it when you read it.

OrihsVastusIra

Oh, this certainly looks interesting. I want to join this. :)

The Golden Touch

Drake Valentine

Actually the only thing I am curios now is images for characters. Seeing as I see no examples to go by and when it comes to groups I usually tend to stick with the majority.

Are we using illustrations, people, anime? >.> So I will have an idea for character skeleton if I choose to make one.

OrihsVastusIra

Well for my character skeleton I used an image from a game called Tera. If you 're planning on going Rakshasa like me, try searching up 'Tera castanic'.. Might be helpful.

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Drake Valentine on April 28, 2014, 09:57:41 AM
Actually the only thing I am curios now is images for characters. Seeing as I see no examples to go by and when it comes to groups I usually tend to stick with the majority.

Are we using illustrations, people, anime? >.> So I will have an idea for character skeleton if I choose to make one.

Quote from: OrihsVastusIra on April 28, 2014, 01:29:37 PM
Well for my character skeleton I used an image from a game called Tera. If you 're planning on going Rakshasa like me, try searching up 'Tera castanic'.. Might be helpful.

From the images I have from a couple profiles, all of them have been some sort of illustration, drawing, digital whatever. You can see some examples from accepted profiles Here.

Drake Valentine

What is the extent of magic in this game? Like how far does it go in power/flexibility, as I noticed Rakshasa had sorcerers and Devas had holy paladins .

Chronoclasm

I am interested in this idea (before you ask, I would play a deva), but I may not have the time to actually commit to that interest. Do you mind if I ask a handful of questions before I consider, more seriously, whether I'll be submitting a character?

On the assumption that you'll say "why, no, Chronoclasm, of course I don't mind!" here are the questions that spring to my mind:

1) How structured will this storyline be? Will it be a guided adventure or more of an open-world exploration? As a related question, how free do you encourage the players to be with their interacting with the world around them? (For example, can they write minor, faceless support NPCs--say, if they're in the equivalent of a tavern and want to order food, can they write the waiter or serving maid and assume basic service?--or is it preferred that players defer to the DM, and not write the actions or dialogue of any NPC?)

2) If a character is reincarnated, they retain their skills and names, but do they retain their memories of their past lives as well? If so, are these complete memories, or more of a foggy, far-away, half-remembered series of faded recollections and not-quite-understood emotions?

3) Is a character who dies a violent death immediately reincarnated? Is reincarnation automatic for all devas/rakshasas, or is it unusual? Do these creatures reproduce by "normal" means (sexual reproduction), or are they "born" as fully-grown adults as well, through a vatting process, divine creation process, whatever? Are there family units or dynasties, a "mother" or "father" figure? Or is every member of the society independent and autonomous, with only non-familial alliances, dalliances, and friendships? And could a friendship last across multiple reincarnations, or would that be unusual (see above, re: memories of past lives)?

4) Are you prepared to deal with bow-outs and other forms of player attrition? There's a chance I'll not make it to the end of the first chapter of your plot, and if that should be the case, I wouldn't want to sign up if my leaving would derail the game for everyone.

Finally, 5) are you a deva in real life to put up with all my questions? Actually, I already know the answer to that. If you've bothered to answer them all, you're close enough to an angel to say "yes."
"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time." ― Jorge Luis Borges

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Drake Valentine on April 29, 2014, 04:38:48 AM
What is the extent of magic in this game? Like how far does it go in power/flexibility, as I noticed Rakshasa had sorcerers and Devas had holy paladins .

I tend to think of magic as something you learn a specific type of. You're a healer, you learn mostly lay on hands, WHOOM you are saved- praise God spells. You're a sorcerer, you pick a certain dominion of sorts. Do you tend to charm people, animals... Do you have a lust for the dark arts of cursing, etc? Truthfully, I like to give quite a bit of reign to present me with any ideas you may have in the way of magic. However, I'm also no slouch when it comes to saying that something is just a bit too much.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: The Golden Touch on April 30, 2014, 12:04:16 AM
I tend to think of magic as something you learn a specific type of. You're a healer, you learn mostly lay on hands, WHOOM you are saved- praise God spells. You're a sorcerer, you pick a certain dominion of sorts. Do you tend to charm people, animals... Do you have a lust for the dark arts of cursing, etc? Truthfully, I like to give quite a bit of reign to present me with any ideas you may have in the way of magic. However, I'm also no slouch when it comes to saying that something is just a bit too much.

Define too much. On the lowest scale so I know not to go beyond that.

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Chronoclasm on April 29, 2014, 06:38:14 PM
I am interested in this idea (before you ask, I would play a deva), but I may not have the time to actually commit to that interest. Do you mind if I ask a handful of questions before I consider, more seriously, whether I'll be submitting a character?

On the assumption that you'll say "why, no, Chronoclasm, of course I don't mind!" here are the questions that spring to my mind:

But of course, it is my job to clarify any problems. Hopefully they all make sense. It also helps me start to put together a FAQ of sorts for players that may have similar questions!

Quote1) How structured will this storyline be? Will it be a guided adventure or more of an open-world exploration? As a related question, how free do you encourage the players to be with their interacting with the world around them? (For example, can they write minor, faceless support NPCs--say, if they're in the equivalent of a tavern and want to order food, can they write the waiter or serving maid and assume basic service?--or is it preferred that players defer to the DM, and not write the actions or dialogue of any NPC?)

Think of the story line as a Dungeons and Dragon's game with a few minor details altered to suit post by post writing, or atleast my version of it. I highly encourage people to add a "player note" at the bottom of their post saying, "My character looks for x, y, and z" should they need something. However, NPCs based in a tavern the group may be in, a simple barmaid or something is open to be used for basic needs. Should it be an NPC that needs to be a questioned to further the quest, or a suspicious man eyeballing your party member's ass from a corner- that will be my job.

Also, everyone is going to be funneled into a group setting from their starting point!

Quote2) If a character is reincarnated, they retain their skills and names, but do they retain their memories of their past lives as well? If so, are these complete memories, or more of a foggy, far-away, half-remembered series of faded recollections and not-quite-understood emotions?

The more reincarnations they have (for example the King or Queen with 6+ lifetimes) will remember details in clarity. Faces, and names of others will be simple information to recall but complex memories may be foggy, but will return with more time.

Quote3) Is a character who dies a violent death immediately reincarnated?
Not necessarily. Reincarnations can take minutes to days and will never be exactly where they die. In the first battles, they were waged near sacred places almost like check points in a way. You die on the front lines and return minutes later. The reincarnation times now are much slower from lack of reason to need it. The holy powers that be are not focused completely on the Deva and Rakshasa because their use for them is over.

QuoteIs reincarnation automatic for all devas/rakshasas, or is it unusual?

It is automatic.

QuoteDo these creatures reproduce by "normal" means (sexual reproduction), or are they "born" as fully-grown adults as well, through a vatting process, divine creation process, whatever?

There is no sexual reproduction. They were created by their deities for divine war.

QuoteAre there family units or dynasties, a "mother" or "father" figure? Or is every member of the society independent and autonomous, with only non-familial alliances, dalliances, and friendships?

They can be considered a parental figure, but they are more Mentors. Welcoming a new being into existence, training them, testing them to find their place in the Clan's world. They are independent creatures who can, and do, make connections with their mentor, fellow "siblings" (others their mentor as taken under their wing), and so on.

QuoteAnd could a friendship last across multiple reincarnations, or would that be unusual (see above, re: memories of past lives)?

Friendships can definitely last across multiple reincarnations.

Quote4) Are you prepared to deal with bow-outs and other forms of player attrition? There's a chance I'll not make it to the end of the first chapter of your plot, and if that should be the case, I wouldn't want to sign up if my leaving would derail the game for everyone.

I am prepared, as most should be prepared that their characters may die. If someone should need to bow out, we'll end up hashing out a retirement story of sorts. Either putting your character away for NPC use, dying a horrible death, or simply fading into the background. They will not be able to pick back up with the group, however.

QuoteFinally, 5) are you a deva in real life to put up with all my questions? Actually, I already know the answer to that. If you've bothered to answer them all, you're close enough to an angel to say "yes."

Goddess... I doubt I'm an angel, but I do my best to provide for my interested players.

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Drake Valentine on April 30, 2014, 12:16:40 AM
Define too much. On the lowest scale so I know not to go beyond that.

Limit yourself to a three or four spells you might know from memory, a charm, a heal, whatever suits the class you're about to pick. However, you're not going to have a giant fireball, or summon an army of undead.

Beyond this, I cannot define because I don't know what you're thinking about. Give me examples. I cannot say yes or no without seeing your idea.