Witcher Developer Unveils Cyberpunk RPG

Started by Sasquatch421, May 31, 2012, 03:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

http://www.gamespot.com/news/the-witcher-dev-unveils-cyberpunk-rpg-6379029

Now I haven't played the first Witcher and haven't had the money to pick up Witcher 2 yet, but I have heard great things about them and CD Project Red. I do enjoy the Cyberpunk universe though and the match-up sounds good to me...

TentacleFan

Haven't played either Witcher either but I do love Cyberpunk. If this turns out good I'll definitely be there.
I'm going to take my time. I have all the time in the world. To make you mine. It is written in the stars above.

Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet. - The Submarines - 1940

See my O's/O's / Open Roleplays Requests / List of Current RPs / A&A's / Image Thread
Puerto de Oro: World of Interracial Fantasy
A&A's Updated : 02/10/2014

Chris Brady

I hope, hope, hope, that they stick with the 2.0.2.0. version.  Cv3 edition is almost universally panned as not being Cyberpunk.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

TentacleFan

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 31, 2012, 04:13:53 PM
I hope, hope, hope, that they stick with the 2.0.2.0. version.  Cv3 edition is almost universally panned as not being Cyberpunk.

I second that. I still cling to my copy of 2.0.2.0 and my Chrome books.
I'm going to take my time. I have all the time in the world. To make you mine. It is written in the stars above.

Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet. - The Submarines - 1940

See my O's/O's / Open Roleplays Requests / List of Current RPs / A&A's / Image Thread
Puerto de Oro: World of Interracial Fantasy
A&A's Updated : 02/10/2014

Raziel

Both the Witcher games are awesome, if you love RPG's then I can highly recommend them. As for Cyberpunk I think if anyone can pull it off CD Projekt can, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

clrpurp

The Witcher was a good game, and I like cyberpunk so this is great news. I am not familiar with the particular system they are using, I've used shadowrun, but I bet it'll still be good.

Chris Brady

Ironically, mechanically, if they're using the R.Talsorian engine (Interlock), even Cv3 uses it.  It was mostly copied and pasted into the 3rd 'edition'.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 31, 2012, 04:13:53 PM

God I hate CP V3.  It was so totally NOT cyberpunk. 

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TentacleFan on May 31, 2012, 04:15:10 PM
I second that. I still cling to my copy of 2.0.2.0 and my Chrome books.

And my run of interface magazine

Sel Nar

Well, based on CDP:R's history of games, we can safely say the game's going to be immersive, epic in scale and deed, and BALL-PUNCHINGLY HARD, with no tutorial to ease you in, until 2-3 months post-release.

It will be loved by everyone that will give it a chance. :P