Toonami....on Adult Swim....

Started by Wolfy, April 01, 2012, 12:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlisteredBlood

Quote from: CmdrRenegade on April 02, 2012, 11:08:41 PM
I'd love to see Toonami back.  Honest to god, Cartoon Network really needs to get rid of all this nightmare fuel programming, both live action and animated.  It just seems to be a contest to be who can be the most shocking. 

You know, when you say that, I've been doing some thinking. With Brock Lesnar coming back to WWE - just happened tonight (sorry to get off topic here, but this was pretty big for me) - and Toonami appearing on April Fool's, is 2012 the year that all the old yet cool stuff comes back?
What BlisteredBlood Says Yes And No To: Ons and Offs
Got a question to ask? Ask me here!
Wanna RP with me? Check this out!
In case if I'm not here, refer to this.

ShadowFox89

2012 is the year the world goes to hell. They want to mock and torment us first :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

BlisteredBlood

True, but like the old saying goes. It's hell trying to get to heaven.

Shjade

Quote from: BlisteredBlood on April 02, 2012, 11:24:45 PM
With Brock Lesnar coming back to WWE - just happened tonight (sorry to get off topic here, but this was pretty big for me) - and Toonami appearing on April Fool's, is 2012 the year that all the old yet cool stuff comes back?

I don't see the correlation between Brock Lesnar and anything cool. >.>
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Platinum

I wondered for the longest time, what happened to Toonami
I just hope they still show Teen Titans
What is this, I don't even...

BlisteredBlood

Quote from: Shjade on April 03, 2012, 04:30:15 AM
I don't see the correlation between Brock Lesnar and anything cool. >.>

Well, like I said. It was something off the beaten path, but considering this is old stuff that's making a comeback, I felt (Felt being the keyword here) it was walking in the same vein. Hence why I asked the question. But if we switch back to the original topic, the bigger picture here is more relevant. How would they repackage all this old stuff we knew many times before and what impact would it bring? In regards to [as] - if they're being serious about it, that's another thing - asking this on their Twitter page, they are gonna get swarmed by old school fans who grew up with Toonami throughout its whole run from 1997 to its eventual cancellation in 2008.

Come to think of it, there's already been a big swarm. Now let's see what happens from here.

Sasquatch421

You know if they ever did put them on again I would be happy. Well just one change, get rid of Gundam Wing and put in Zeta or Double Zeta Gundam. Heck even RahXephon would be better.

ShadowFox89

#ToonamiisBackBitches
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Saphir

-Squee!-

I have heard about this and on the 26th, my ass will be planted on the couch in front of the TV. Whether it stays there or not depends on the programming. I'm certain they'll be airing brand new shows but I'm hoping we get some classics thrown into the mix as well.

Samnell

Quote from: Saphir on May 18, 2012, 11:51:58 AM
-Squee!-

I have heard about this and on the 26th, my ass will be planted on the couch in front of the TV. Whether it stays there or not depends on the programming. I'm certain they'll be airing brand new shows but I'm hoping we get some classics thrown into the mix as well.

I don't care what's on it. I don't care what else is on TV that night. It gets my eyes for at least half an hour.

Wolfy

Quote from: Samnell on May 18, 2012, 07:07:42 PM
I don't care what's on it. I don't care what else is on TV that night. It gets my eyes for at least half an hour.

Half an Hour?

Try 6 hours.

Also, everyone....apparently Adult swim will be bringing back the original shows that aired on Toonami....what that means exactly, I'm not sure, but they'll be mixing them with new anime as well.

along with Bleach and FMA Brotherhood, both of which they took the rights to again.

Now, seeing as on April Fools Day (April Wins day?) this year, they showed Gundam Wing, Dragonball Z, Outlaw Star, and Tenchi Muyo, you can bet that those will be the shows that will make up the 'old' line up starting out, as it shows that Adult swim/Cartoon network still holds the rights to them.

Brandon

I think that means Ruroni Kenshin too which was always an anime I really liked due to its high quality focus on character development. I have the DVDs to outlaw star so I can watch those at any time but DBZ, Gundam wing, and Tenchi (if it had all the series in it) would be awesome. Adding FMA and Bleach would make it even better

Personally I would like to see it rotate just a bit every season like take out two shows that have been run through all the way and add in two new ones. For example remove Gundum wing and Tenchi then add in Death note and Claymore
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Kunoichi

Adult Swim's already shown Death Note all the way through.  From what I understand, the only new shows they're adding to their Saturday night lineup for this new run of Toonami are Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins.

Admittedly, this is apparently due to the fact that they have a very small budget to work with, and if they get good ratings, they'll probably be able to get stuff like Fairy Tail and Panty and Stocking...

Edit: Ah, here we go.  Some good info:

Shjade

>"better and newer anime"
>lists Panty & Stocking and Inuyasha

-.-
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Wolfy

Quote from: Shjade on May 23, 2012, 08:36:09 PM
>"better and newer anime"
>lists Panty & Stocking and Inuyasha

-.-

:/ People have different tastes.

I haven't watched Panty and Stocking myself, but I hear good things.

ANYWAY.

Everyone, the current line up is:

Bleach
Deadman Wonderland
Casshern Sins
FMA:Brotherhood
Ghost in the Shell
Cowboy Bebop.

Now, for those interested, here are the opening themes for Deadman and Casshern:

Casshern Sins Opening

Deadman Wonderland Opening Creditless

Oniya

Dammit - going to be on the road this weekend.
Both of the new ones look interesting.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

yugi006

Deadman Wonderland is amazing except for the end which was disappoiting. I haven't seen Cashern Sins.

SinXAzgard21

Casshern Sins starts slow but builds and is pretty cool....  I love the art work so that is mostly what I watch it for.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Jag

I saw the live action movie for Casshern. I liked it.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Michi No Sora on May 26, 2012, 12:13:10 PM
I saw the live action movie for Casshern. I liked it.

I thought is was a great movie.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Jag

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 26, 2012, 12:47:34 PM
I thought is was a great movie.

The hubby did too. It's one of his favorite movies.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Inkidu

It's too bad I don't like any of the new stuff... I thought the would be airing Ruroni Kenshin and Outlaw Star...
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

ShadowFox89

Casshirn Sins looks like it's good.

I'll be watching it just to be watching it, since I want it to get better.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inkidu

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on May 26, 2012, 03:27:26 PM
Casshirn Sins looks like it's good.

I'll be watching it just to be watching it, since I want it to get better.
I just don't find a lot of anime interesting anymore. They could have at least gotten me on nostalgia (and it being upward of a decade since I've seen those so not even I remember too much of the plot) on the two I mentioned. When I started college the industry was starting to stall in the US and the cliches and dead tropes started to become really evident (I was spoiled by being an English major :) ).

I mean, more power to the people who want to watch it. I'm not the kind of guy who's going to sign a petition to take it down or anything just because I don't like the material they're running. :D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

JDrew Spider

Good ole Toonami..I use to love watching all those old school anime's. As for what they put on now for kids to watch....idk...tragic.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies