Interest Check: Legendary Monsters (3.5 DnD)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, November 30, 2014, 01:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Looks good folks, albeit lockepick do take note that even as paragon creatures humans do not live several millenia :P. So you may want take another cohort or rule that the diviner human wizard is great-great-great grandson of the man who served you.

Snake

I'm still working on my char's mythology.

I'm just notsure whatwould fit.

Sain

Why not reincarnation of the same human dude or is that too out of place for D&D mythology?
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Snake

not really. Just contingency + reincarnation + Permanency

indarkestknight

Though seeking out the paragon petitioner he'll have become and having him not remember her might be quite poignant, too.

Snake

Well here's mine: slightly incomplete as I don't have skills done and the like and I need to calculate HP

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1072762

Lockepick

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 10, 2014, 03:17:14 PM
Looks good folks, albeit lockepick do take note that even as paragon creatures humans do not live several millenia :P. So you may want take another cohort or rule that the diviner human wizard is great-great-great grandson of the man who served you.

Ah, sorry if this wasn't clear. My idea here was the cohort was somebody I found AFTER being awoken. Though I guess I don't know how long we've been 'active.' Are we waking up like... in the beginning of the game?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Lockepick

My apologies for making an assumption!

I've updated the Cohort section accordingly.

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Kunoichi

Ah, that's good to know.  That means that I can have the Sea Witch go through the little checklist she's been making of things she wants to do when she wakes up.  The first item on the list is going back to her island and kicking off any squatters who might have moved in over the ages while she was sealed away, and the second item is tracking down an active Tarrasque. ;D

indarkestknight

... Now I'm imagining the lot of us up against a paragon gestalt tarrasque.

Kunoichi

I just want to fight a regular one, myself.  I have plans for it. ^^

indarkestknight

You could probably just get a normal one to follow you around like a lovesick puppy. I mean. Cha 50. Dang.

Kunoichi

That is a higher Charisma score than most official stats for D&D goddesses, yes.  In fact, I think the only one who can even manage to equal it is Sune, and she's literally a greater deity whose portfolio includes Beauty.

But no, my plans for the Tarrasque run along a different bent.  It's one that's altogether much more silly, but that will probably be more fun in the long run. :P

indarkestknight

As far as monster feats go, I think some feats are from HD, some are bonus feats.

I'll use the erinyes as an example. She has Dodge and Mobility marked as bonus feats, so I'd think that every erinyes gets dodge and mobility automatically, and while the default erinyes may have point blank shot and other ranged feats, some might have weapon focus (longsword) instead.

Something like that.

Zaer, how do you rule turning/day for a cleric/paladin? 3+Cha? or 6+(2xCha)?

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, monsters which have feats listed with (b) are bonus feats related to said monster (or template as vampire gets bunch of bonus feats unless char already got them).

Also turning/rebuking is 3+Cha mod per day, why it would be 6+Cha mod?

Anyways, I allow slight freedom with epic feats; the bonus feat gained as paragon can be epic feat (not that you must take epic feats but there are some nice ones which you can qualify as 12 HD paragons). I saw dragon wildshape with one applicants so thought mention it. But otherwise you do not get epic feats besides one via template.

Also check epic skill checks as with +50 Cha mod along with high skill checks you can make people follow like puppies with just diplomacy check. Or draw attention of gods (besides overgod Ao).

indarkestknight

I meant if a character was both a paladin and a cleric, would they gain turning for both classes (3+Cha for cleric, then 3+Cha again for paladin), or do they only get 3+Cha for both combined?

I would note, Zaer, that the example Paragon creature (a paragon mindflayer) in ELH has multiple epic feats, not just one. Though I don't see how anyone could qualify for Dragon Wildshape, given it requires 30 ranks in Knowledge (nature)...

Well, 50 Cha only nets you a +20 mod, but it's still mind-blowingly hot, even among archdevils, demon lords, and deities.

Lockepick

I was under the impression that being a Paragon qualified one for Epic Feats on it's own. Is that not true?

indarkestknight

I figured that was the case based on the Paragon Mindflayer, myself, so you aren't alone, lockepick.

Sain

I should have gone some other route and optimized balance checks, walking on clouds with nothing but skill check is just too awesome.

Btw, is that tarrasque going to be put under the island and made into some sort of moving turtle island?

e. I need to know if that "infinite xp" for crafting applies to using powers and spells with XP cost prior to the game start. Was thinking of getting some stuff permanent with Incarnate and then getting rid of those useless spells with Psychic Reformation.

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, well true. Paragon mind flayer has multiple epic feats. So ok, epic feats are allowed picked with your HD if you qualify for them otherwise (basically able pick epic feats despite your not past 20 HD yet).

Anyways if having both paladin and cleric then you have separated 3+cha mod turn/rebuke checks (as paladin has less turning power than cleric does). So if have turning/rebuke using feats you got 6+2xCha Mod amount rebukes to make.

Quote from: Sain on December 11, 2014, 09:22:33 AM
I need to know if that "infinite xp" for crafting applies to using powers and spells with XP cost prior to the game start. Was thinking of getting some stuff permanent with Incarnate and then getting rid of those useless spells with Psychic Reformation.

It's allowed. You got 25% benefit in gp wise if crafting stuff which asks gp (50% if got 3 or more craft feats). Cohort as mentioned before does not craft stuff for you (only for itself) char gen wise.

Sain

For general decency and public morale I'll refrain from even asking about grabbing a bunch of item creation feats and doing away with them by using psychic reformation. I'd count it as ok in actual play, but seems somewhat cheap in char gen if its only to grab some puny sum of gold.

Kunoichi

Quote from: indarkestknight on December 11, 2014, 08:48:18 AM
Well, 50 Cha only nets you a +20 mod, but it's still mind-blowingly hot, even among archdevils, demon lords, and deities.

I'm up to a +23 modifier with a +6 Charisma item, actually. ^^; +15 ranks, +10 competence bonus, +3 from the Skill Focus (Diplomacy) feat, +4 in synergy from having ranks in Bluff and Sense Motive...

...Another +23 from the Motivate Charisma minor aura...

Long story short, I can turn someone from Hostile to Helpful with just a word, and if they were already at least Friendly towards me, I can turn them into Fanatics with, again, just a word. ;D Of course, once I've made one attempt to change an NPC's attitude towards me, I wouldn't be able to change their attitude again without doing something significantly positive for them, so I won't be able to just repeatedly mind-whammy hostile foes until they're ready to die for me.

I'll have to at the very least have sex with them, first. :P

Snake

I used Dragon Wildshape because the Vampire Lord template grants Wildshape as a level 12 druid (Plus paragon mods?) so Masako qualifies to use Dragon Wildshape.  I just wish I could use a huge dragon instead of just a medium one. (by the RAW)

Kunoichi

True, your native stats are probably going to be a lot better than any dragon you'd be capable of turning into at this level.  I'd recommend looking for dragon forms with relevant immunities and useful extraordinary and supernatural abilities.  Song Dragons and Deep Dragons (both in Monsters of Faerun) both have always-on True Seeing, for example.  Also, I believe the Pyroclastic Dragon from the Draconomicon has a disintegrating breath weapon, which would at least be useful for utility purposes.